Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feed400 Champions Online beta keys going going... http://bit.ly/100Osx
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
Mass Effect 2: See the box art | Need for Speed: Shift video | Wet dated for September | Guitar Hero Avatar edition - video | MS: "Gearbox NOT working on Halo" | Monkey Island, Drift Mania on WiiWare | New Resonance of Fate screens | Dark Void slips to 2010 | New Colin McRae: Dirt 2 footage | PS3 production costs down 70 percent | F.E.A.R 2 DLC coming August | Final Fantasy VII countdown emerges | Home gets Fat Princess mini game | New Vandal Hearts shots | AVP sequel to include motion control? | DSi gets Facebook app | Carmack: Rage runs faster on Xbox 360 | New Blur video | PSN Store deploy: Fat Princess | MAG Beta is "internal only" | Masses of Halo: ODST footage | New Uncharted 2 screens | Telltale: "iPhone much more powerful than Wii" | World At War Map Pack movie | MS: 'Next-gen will be new software, not hardware'
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Carmack: Rage runs faster on Xbox 360
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic - View next topic  
Miss_Wacy
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: 30 Jul 09 5:34 pm Reply with quote

cool go 360 Very Happy, waits for the bu bu buh teh 4 disssssks
xbl:TastyAcidMilk
StonecoldMC
Kudos: 38

PostPosted: 30 Jul 09 5:36 pm Reply with quote

Thank Jebus this story didnt break at 11am Very Happy !
The Kool Kid
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 30 Jul 09 5:37 pm Reply with quote

Rather have 30ps than 4 DVDs...
flash501
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 30 Jul 09 5:40 pm Reply with quote

StonecoldMC wrote:
Thank Jebus this story didnt break at 11am Very Happy !

Laughing
modge
Kudos: 23

PostPosted: 30 Jul 09 5:41 pm Reply with quote

The Kool Kid wrote:
Rather have 30ps than 4 DVDs...
what a HELMET,
KMakawa
Kudos: 22

PostPosted: 30 Jul 09 5:41 pm Reply with quote

"Rather have a laggy game, than have 4 DVDs" "nerr nerrr nurrr."

One thing to say, *Big Sigh*. oh and, Even the bluray has its drawbacks, ..This proves it.

KTHANKSBAI.
Miss_Wacy

PostPosted: 30 Jul 09 5:42 pm Reply with quote

this aint gonna end well haha
blagger
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 30 Jul 09 5:45 pm Reply with quote

I'd rather have the smoother version and install all the 4 dvd's to hard drive Smile

For 360 owners with smaller hd's, then it'll cause a few more headaches.
nottsville
Kudos: 37

PostPosted: 30 Jul 09 5:45 pm Reply with quote

Hold on....what's that noise?

*listens*

It's STD_Grasshopper on the defensive! Watch out, he's got a blamethrower!
nottsville

PostPosted: 30 Jul 09 5:49 pm Reply with quote

blagger wrote:
I'd rather have the smoother version and install all the 4 dvd's to hard drive Smile

Has it been confirmed on four discs then? I thought it was only the two?
Miss_Wacy

PostPosted: 30 Jul 09 5:50 pm Reply with quote

blagger wrote:

im gonna upgrade to a 120GB hard drive soon, i got one off ebay for �49.99 brand new sold my 60gb hd too, so yea ill be installing it too

i think alot of the small hd owners have upgraded
lmimmfn
Kudos: 36

PostPosted: 30 Jul 09 5:51 pm Reply with quote

oh well i guess ill just have to deal with 100FPS on my PC, ohh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nottsville

PostPosted: 30 Jul 09 5:57 pm Reply with quote

lmimmfn wrote:
oh well i guess ill just have to deal with 100FPS on my PC, ohh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On what? Up there it says 60fps for the PC
flash501

PostPosted: 30 Jul 09 5:58 pm Reply with quote

lmimmfn wrote:

No one likes a willy waver. Laughing

Last edited by flash501 on 30 Jul 09 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
steve_2003
Kudos: 34

PostPosted: 30 Jul 09 5:59 pm Reply with quote

Don't worry my little PS3, I'm sure they'll be something worth switching you on for soon....erm...oh yeah! Uncharted 2, that's not multi-format so can't run better on my xbox 360. Wink
capsule_toy
Kudos: 13

PostPosted: 30 Jul 09 5:59 pm Reply with quote

You people are idiots.

Pointing the finger at the BR drive just shows how little you f-ing know about consoles, and how arrogant you are as a person.

Also this article shows how lazy Carmack is in regards to programming and putting the effort in, other developers have shown that they can get a fast framerate coupled with amazing graphics/physics/AI and sound out of the console in tandem. Blaming the low fps on the PS3 itself is just ignorant, and exposes his laziness. There are workarounds and methods to fix this obstacle.

Yes, ID may rectify the fps issue by launch and here's hoping, but to openly come out with that comment on how slow it is on PS3 compared to his other format versions (of which the 360 was likely the easiest to port, as explained later on), is just stupid and fanboy baiting. If this is seen as a fanboy comment, I couldn't god-damn care less. I'm just tired of developers moaning about this-or-that on whatver console. You CHOSE to release it on that format, therefore you are OBLIGED to make do, and make the best of it you can.

The quote "only a shoddy workman blames his tools" comes to mind, though... only a tool, blames other tools.

A little more time spend on the PS3 version and they'd get it on par fps-wise with the PC. Of course the 360 version's going to run at a similar rate to that of the PC, as the 360 is essentially, a PC, in a smaller box.

Lazy developers deserve little of my time and patience.

Also, I have all consoles, and I buy the game for whatever format has the most optimised and feature-heavy version (mostly PC) but I'd personally rather have a slightly slower (albeit very playable - 30fps is fine you snobs) version than having "INSERT DISC 2", "INSERT DISC 3", "INSERT DISC 4" on every so-often. Multi-disc gaming tbh is very 1990's
svd_grasshopper
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 30 Jul 09 6:09 pm Reply with quote

IW has shown them how its done, 60fps, 2 years ago.
KMakawa
Kudos: 22

PostPosted: 30 Jul 09 6:10 pm Reply with quote

capsule_toy wrote:
You people are idiots.

Pointing the finger at the BR drive just shows how little you f-ing know about consoles, and how arrogant you are as a person.

Also this article shows how lazy Carmack is in regards to programming and putting the effort in, other developers have shown that they can get a fast framerate coupled with amazing graphics/physics/AI and sound out of the console in tandem. Blaming the low fps on the PS3 itself is just ignorant, and exposes his laziness. There are workarounds and methods to fix this obstacle.

Yes, ID may rectify the fps issue by launch and here's hoping, but to openly come out with that comment on how slow it is on PS3 compared to his other format versions (of which the 360 was likely the easiest to port, as explained later on), is just stupid and fanboy baiting. If this is seen as a fanboy comment, I couldn't god-damn care less. I'm just tired of developers moaning about this-or-that on whatver console. You CHOSE to release it on that format, therefore you are OBLIGED to make do, and make the best of it you can.

The quote "only a shoddy workman blames his tools" comes to mind, though... only a tool, blames other tools.

A little more time spend on the PS3 version and they'd get it on par fps-wise with the PC. Of course the 360 version's going to run at a similar rate to that of the PC, as the 360 is essentially, a PC, in a smaller box.

Also, I have all consoles, and I buy the game for whatever format has the most optimised and feature-heavy version (mostly PC) but I'd personally rather have a slightly slower (albeit very playable - 30fps is fine you snobs) version than having "INSERT DISC 2", "INSERT DISC 3", "INSERT DISC 4" on every so-often. Multi-disc gaming tbh is very 1990's

Wooo!, Glorified Playstation Fanboy right thurr.
sakaspuds
Kudos: 19

PostPosted: 30 Jul 09 6:11 pm Reply with quote

i thought sony said the cell would be more powerful than 40 atomic bombs, so why can't it handle this at 60fps?
buffers32
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 30 Jul 09 6:16 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
Also this article shows how lazy Carmack is in regards to programming and putting the effort in

I'm sorry but did you just call John Carmack a lazy programmer? Erm...that seems a little unfair given that he is one of very few people in the world who can ask for a new Gfx card feature and nVidia and ATi will bend over backwards to incorporate it into their next iteration!

The way I interpret what he says here is that Sony made the same mistake with the PS3 that they made with the PS2. The learning curve for the PS2 was unlike any console that came before it. It might be more powerful, but what company has the time and money to spend on researching something that should be handed to you with the development kits. Now, if the PS2 learning curve was steep...I can only imagine what the PS3 must be like. And if id are having trouble then that does not bode well for ANY other company.

Of course, this is not the first report of problems developing for the PS3 - wasn't it GTAIV that was delayed due to problems getting it running smoothly?

I am not going to argue that the PS3 might be the technically superior hardware - but that doesn't count for anything if you don't make that power easily accessible to the developer.
shadowsblaze

PostPosted: 30 Jul 09 6:18 pm Reply with quote

capsule_toy wrote:
You people are idiots.

The only idiot here is you. If you bothered to read the entire article from Edge you would note that id pointed out issues developing for both the PS3 and 360. Instead, like a rabid fanboy, you jump on one particular issue and moan at the developer even though the game is nowhere near completion.

Go read the article, cause at this moment your mad ramblings are kind of embaressing.
svd_grasshopper
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 30 Jul 09 6:19 pm Reply with quote

being a pc programmer doesnt automatically translate into a console developer.

if he's reporting that ps3 is only running at that speed and gets it up to par for release, hes an idiot. if he doesnt hes lazy.

the ps3 isnt on par as its being developed as a pc game - and the 360 requires hardly any changes in technique. the ps3 will need more adjustments due to it being more of a 'port'.

this game wont look better than some other games on ps3 running at 60 frames, CoD4 for one.

Last edited by svd_grasshopper on 30 Jul 09 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
xyth12
Kudos: 1

PostPosted: 30 Jul 09 6:24 pm Reply with quote

capsule_toy,

Do you even know how to program? I'd like to see you make it 60 fps on PS3. Until then, zip it.
Mortey
Kudos: 24

PostPosted: 30 Jul 09 6:30 pm Reply with quote

I love this, some PS3 fanboy cretins think they know more about this subject than the man who practically invented FPS's.... Rolling Eyes
Miss_Wacy

PostPosted: 30 Jul 09 6:31 pm Reply with quote

Mortey wrote:
I love this, some PS3 fanboy cretins think they know more about this subject than the man who practically invented FPS's.... Rolling Eyes

its just damage control, seems to be lots of it from them on here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: