Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feed400 Champions Online beta keys going going... http://bit.ly/100Osx
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
Mass Effect 2: See the box art | Need for Speed: Shift video | Wet dated for September | Guitar Hero Avatar edition - video | MS: "Gearbox NOT working on Halo" | Monkey Island, Drift Mania on WiiWare | New Resonance of Fate screens | Dark Void slips to 2010 | New Colin McRae: Dirt 2 footage | PS3 production costs down 70 percent | F.E.A.R 2 DLC coming August | Final Fantasy VII countdown emerges | Home gets Fat Princess mini game | New Vandal Hearts shots | AVP sequel to include motion control? | DSi gets Facebook app | Carmack: Rage runs faster on Xbox 360 | New Blur video | PSN Store deploy: Fat Princess | MAG Beta is "internal only" | Masses of Halo: ODST footage | New Uncharted 2 screens | Telltale: "iPhone much more powerful than Wii" | World At War Map Pack movie | MS: 'Next-gen will be new software, not hardware'
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Masses of Halo: ODST footage
View previous topic - View next topic  
ewko117
Kudos: 17

PostPosted: 30 Jul 09 4:02 pm Reply with quote

Holy crud, thats an odst over load 71 pics... I dont feel the need to buy this game now ha-ha
Black Mantis
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 30 Jul 09 4:09 pm Reply with quote

After watching that, my anticipation level is now back to it's normal "Can't f**king wait!". Cool
footieharry
Kudos: 22

PostPosted: 30 Jul 09 4:18 pm Reply with quote

so this game has a whole new campaign but the same online as halo 3 with all the maps. + new ones???

and has a horde mode like in gow2?

anything else? looks like a great game after this trailer.
Giant_Crab
Kudos: 14

PostPosted: 30 Jul 09 4:41 pm Reply with quote

Reckon there's any point me buying the most recent Halo3 map pack with this coming out in a couple of months?
Black Mantis
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 30 Jul 09 4:51 pm Reply with quote

Giant_Crab wrote:
Reckon there's any point me buying the most recent Halo3 map pack with this coming out in a couple of months?

Go ahead it's your money! Could you get me a PS3 while you're online wasting money? I'll pay you back! Wink
Giant_Crab

PostPosted: 30 Jul 09 4:54 pm Reply with quote

Haha, yeah that was kind of my thoughts too. Maybe I'll just wait...
WHERESMYMONKEY
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 30 Jul 09 4:56 pm Reply with quote

Not really. Why buy it twice. (assuming you're getting ODST)
Conkers
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 30 Jul 09 5:07 pm Reply with quote

So in the Haloverse they have mastered interstellar space flight, created completely self aware AI, and yet they have only just been able to create on the fly navigation? I�ve got it on my phone for god sake!

This has made me look forward to it more, I�ve been spending a lot of time on Battlefield so going back to Halo will be a welcome return!
flash501
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 30 Jul 09 5:12 pm Reply with quote

It's a pity they aren't releasing a cheaper, single disc version for people like me who are only interested in the campaign.
stedwyer
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 30 Jul 09 5:44 pm Reply with quote

Has nobody noticed that it's Nathan Fillion (aka Mal from Firefly) doing the narration and starring in the game as some ship captain?!?
Jensonjet
Kudos: 21

PostPosted: 30 Jul 09 10:29 pm Reply with quote

If Halo is capable of creating a mini-industry, surely the same could be done for dozens upon dozens of popular games. I just don't get the whole Halo thing. I think the maps look awful, the design either run-of-the-mill (armour, guns, jeeps) or out and out poor (the purple smurf monsters). I guess it's just one of those things... like Madonna becoming such a big star without having much talent. If Halo's this successful, I expect a game like Mass Effect to spawn movies, other genres of games, and turn Bioware into one of the biggest players in the industry. But as I said, there are dozens of games that could do this. I'm looking forward to the oversaturation of the market and for Halo to go all Tomb Raider!
WingForward

PostPosted: 31 Jul 09 12:34 am Reply with quote

Have you played a Halo game JensonJet? The first game was revolutionary to many people as it gave us a FPS with loads of vehicles, giant levels to roam around, AI buddies with humurous comments, and interesting weapons, and an actual story. It's easy to forget but before Halo we didn't see a lot of these things in a FPS. Halo 2 had some of the best graphics of last gen, further explored the story, and introduced online play for the series and it was amazing. Halo 3 didn't really add anything new IMO. The series was one of the first to do these things really well and it caught people's attention.
waltyftm
Kudos: 22

PostPosted: 31 Jul 09 7:52 am Reply with quote

Looks crappy !!
Giant_Crab

PostPosted: 31 Jul 09 10:07 am Reply with quote

stedwyer wrote:
Has nobody noticed that it's Nathan Fillion (aka Mal from Firefly) doing the narration and starring in the game as some ship captain?!?

I know, how friggin' awesome!?!
adamp105
Kudos: 11

PostPosted: 31 Jul 09 11:21 am Reply with quote

Yer, Nathan Fillion! awesome. Dunno if you noticed, also, Dutch is Adam Baldwin (jayne from firefly) although I dnt think his likeness is used, and I'm not sure but I think Mickey is Alan Tudyk (wash from Firefly). Also, you prob already know, but they all did voices in Halo 3 too!

I can't wait for this game. It looks awesome and They're some great actors who'll make the cutscenes very enjoyable for me. September 22nd can't come fast enough!!!

@WingForward
You took the words right out of my mouth. Halo did it first, so it's a staple of the series, their not copying!
Jensonjet
Kudos: 21

PostPosted: 31 Jul 09 3:11 pm Reply with quote

WingForward wrote:
Have you played a Halo game JensonJet? The first game was revolutionary to many people as it gave us a FPS with loads of vehicles, giant levels to roam around, AI buddies with humurous comments, and interesting weapons, and an actual story. It's easy to forget but before Halo we didn't see a lot of these things in a FPS. Halo 2 had some of the best graphics of last gen, further explored the story, and introduced online play for the series and it was amazing. Halo 3 didn't really add anything new IMO. The series was one of the first to do these things really well and it caught people's attention.

I have played Halo, which is what makes me even more surprised of it's popularity. I can only imagine it's the new generation to consoles at the time, and those that hadn't experienced PC gaming that have been so taken in by the series. In reality it's not done anything groundbreaking, that's not to say the first game wasn't unenjoyable. As an adversarial multiplayer game it's been beaten by many on the PC. In terms of graphics even in it's day it wasn't at all stunning, just good. The design of the architecture, and aliens has always been passable to below average. I think it's always been aimed at a younger audience, and perhaps that's why I don't understand it's popularity. I guess you're right, it was revolutionary to a young new audience who weren't aware of what PCs had been doing for years. As far as story is concerned, Bungie produced a FPS in the days of the original Doom with a story, which was actually more compelling than the Halo story.
Little Moth
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 31 Jul 09 4:15 pm Reply with quote

OMFG Shocked ! I can't wait, I want this now! Gimme gimme gimme!
Shabozi
Kudos: 17

PostPosted: 1 Aug 09 8:33 am Reply with quote

Halo not groundbreaking?

Now thats a slightly stupid comment.

Edge didn't give halo, and halo 3 for that matter, 10/10 for no reason.

I could give you a whole list of reasons it was groundbreaking but I will stick to a few key ones.

Regenerating Health - Now a staple of any FPS

Abilty to carry a limited number of weapons - Now a staple of not just FPS but games as a whole.

Fully intergrated melee attacks into gameplay - Name me one FPS that doesn't have a melee button

Ability to throw grenades using just one button - Name me one FPS that doesn't do that now...

Like I said I could go on and on, however the truth is Halo is groundbreaking, and if Halo 3 is such a bad game why is it still the most played xbox live game, week in week out, nearly 2 years after it was released?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: