Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feed@Legandir That article nearly killed us.
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
CVGPCGamerForumsCheats
New MechWarrior revealed | Dragon Age: Three movies | Command & Conquer 4 announced (oops) | Modern Warfare 2 delays Singularity | Left 4 Dead does Ashes cricket | Dragon Age DLC in development | ZeniMax raised $105 million for id acquisition | Peggle gets World of Warcraft levels | Google unveils Chrome operating system | Alan Wake 'focusing all efforts' on Xbox | BioWare: Sex scenes "make sense" | New Assassin's Creed II footage | Square Enix Europe formed | Ubisoft enters Ontario | New Old Republic movie | Football Manager Live updated | Monkey Island XBLA, PC next week | 16 minutes of Brutal Legend | FIFA Manager 10 movie | Prototype and Infamous in drag queen face-off | LucasArts: Steam deal is "just a start" | LucasArts "old school" reveal is? | Dirt 2 PC delayed for DirectX 11 support | Konami talks up gamescom | Operation Flashpoint: New trailer
PC Gamer Magazine
Search CVG
PC Gamer - The UK's best-selling PC games magazine
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 info leaked?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic - View next topic  
Mark240473
Kudos: 36

PostPosted: 4 Mar 09 10:44 am Reply with quote

All sounds rather obvious and a little boring if you ask me.

Generic even.

Or is that word just for Killzone 2?
Waste_Manager
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 4 Mar 09 10:50 am Reply with quote

They certainly sound believable.
CVG GamerScore: 235
ted1138
Kudos: 34

PostPosted: 4 Mar 09 10:51 am Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ....................... Cool
Black Mantis
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 4 Mar 09 10:54 am Reply with quote

I still need to get the first Modern Warfare.
Dajmin
Kudos: 37

PostPosted: 4 Mar 09 10:58 am Reply with quote

Glad to hear there's going to be even more Hardcore modes. I loved the visceral, realistic feel of not having a UI.

It does sound like an expansion with similar content, but since CoD4 was an amazing multiplayer experience, I don't really see that as a bad thing. I hope they expand the multi-kill rewards in some way though - after the helicopter there's no reason to keep going.

Vehicles are a bit of a worry since they didn't work so well in W@W and can be really annoying in BFBC and Halo 3, but I hope IW know what they're doing.

No mention of destructible environments though. I thought that would've been a given this time round.
Random Hangman
Kudos: 26

PostPosted: 4 Mar 09 10:59 am Reply with quote

Mark240473 wrote:

Generic even.

It DOES sound obvious... but then again, if it ain't broke...

I think it's a shame they're adding vehicles to MP though. I haven't tried WAW yet but the general consensus seems to be that the addition of vehicles is a bit rubbish.
themadjock

PostPosted: 4 Mar 09 11:02 am Reply with quote

Time will tell if they can up their game now Killzone 2's multiplayer looks so sweet.

Finally finished it single player on veteran last night, don't think I will be trying Elite difficulty....
Mark240473

PostPosted: 4 Mar 09 11:14 am Reply with quote

Random Hangman wrote:
Mark240473 wrote:

Generic even.

I think it's a shame they're adding vehicles to MP though. I haven't tried WAW yet but the general consensus seems to be that the addition of vehicles is a bit rubbish.

Well to please CVG, it'll have to have massive dragons for bosses, 30 different types of multicoloured enemies and levels set in a fairground. Oh, and the developers may want to include bullets that change into penguins, which then do a tapdance on your head.

And don't use grey. Just the colours of the rainbow please.

And if they put exploding barrels in the game - woe be tide!

Multiplayer will have to include gay vs lesbian matches and a mode where you fight in a giant bouncy castle and throw shoes at each other. And a co-op mode where you hold hands and dance through the poppy fields looking for bunnies.

Oh, and finally, the story will have to be up to the standard of an Oscar Wilde novel.

Last edited by Mark240473 on 4 Mar 09 11:32 am; edited 3 times in total
StonecoldMC
Kudos: 37

PostPosted: 4 Mar 09 11:19 am Reply with quote

I trust IW to make a great game, I just hope they can flesh out the Single Player experience a bit and of course add some co op play.
leefear1
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 4 Mar 09 11:20 am Reply with quote

Mark240473 wrote:

Generic even.

I am pretty sure you can use the word Generic for other games. It is just that Killzone 2 is such a great fit for the word.
The_KFD_Case

PostPosted: 4 Mar 09 11:29 am Reply with quote

Mark240473 wrote:

Generic even.

Sounds a hell of a lot better to me, but then again I adored COD4 and MW2 is one of my most anticipated games for 2009 (hopefully), so I may be biased. KZ2, while it looks great from what I've seen, still strikes me, as a non-PS3 player, as rather humdrum and standard gameplay and story wise. *shrugs* That's not necessarily a bad thing yet when COD4 came out, in my mind at least, it refreshed the FPS genre on the PC and possibly on the consoles as well.

This sounds promising and I can hardly wait to purchase and play MW2! Very Happy
The_KFD_Case

PostPosted: 4 Mar 09 11:31 am Reply with quote

Mark240473 wrote:
Random Hangman wrote:
Mark240473 wrote:

Generic even.

Well to please CVG, it'll have to have massive dragons for bosses, 30 different types of multicoloured enemies and levels set in a fairground. Oh, and the developers may want to include bullets that change into penguins, which then do a tapdance on your head.

Multiplayer will have to include gay vs lesbian matches and a mode where you fight in a giant bouncy castle and throw shoes at each other.

Oh, and finally, the story will have to be up to the standard of an Oscar Wilde novel.

SOLD! Now you're talking! Where can I get one of those games? Laughing Razz
rabbit0147

PostPosted: 4 Mar 09 11:32 am Reply with quote

Quote:
Role as US marines return

What about the SAS half of the game. In my view that was the better half of the game.

Also good to see the L85A2 making a debut.

Last edited by rabbit0147 on 4 Mar 09 11:35 am; edited 2 times in total
dravin369
Kudos: 6

PostPosted: 4 Mar 09 11:33 am Reply with quote

More like modern warfare 1.5. That bit of news was an anticlimax. Still, long way to go.
_Marty_
Kudos: 35

PostPosted: 4 Mar 09 11:36 am Reply with quote

Vehicles - Bad
Co-op - Good
Kill Cam Saves - AWESOME! Smile

I really hope the SAS missions come back though, definitely the high points of the previous game.
Here's hoping there's more to this above CoD4 than the difference between CoD4 to 5 (i.e. there wasn't much).
voodoo341
Kudos: 38

PostPosted: 4 Mar 09 11:42 am Reply with quote

Quote:
New gametype unconfirmed name, similar to search and destroy, however instead of trying to plant a bomb, you try to kill a specified enemy

That's not really new, it's not even almost new.
Mark240473

PostPosted: 4 Mar 09 11:44 am Reply with quote

The_KFD_Case wrote:
Mark240473 wrote:

Generic even.

Sounds a hell of a lot better to me, but then again I adored COD4 and MW2 is one of my most anticipated games for 2009 (hopefully), so I may be biased. KZ2, while it looks great from what I've seen, still strikes me, as a non-PS3 player, as rather humdrum and standard gameplay and story wise. *shrugs* That's not necessarily a bad thing yet when COD4 came out, in my mind at least, it refreshed the FPS genre on the PC and possibly on the consoles as well.

This sounds promising and I can hardly wait to purchase and play MW2! Very Happy

I thought COD 4 was awesome too. I was just being sarcastic. Killzone 2 is just as awesome as COD4 in every way. The gunplay is even more visceral in my opinion and I think it is a shame that many will miss out on it because of negative remarks about it being generic.

Seriously, the Helghans are the best enemies in any shooter. Ever. I love them and hate them in equal measure!
davidc
Kudos: 20

PostPosted: 4 Mar 09 11:49 am Reply with quote

don't want vehicles.....COD is all about on foot warfare.....if i want vehicles i'll play Battlefield....
BenJy!
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 4 Mar 09 11:51 am Reply with quote

COD has always been a multiplayer game, the campaign maybe fun for a little while but the heart of every COD game in my opinion is the multiplayer. In terms of online console gaming theirs nothing that will top it, not even Halo or KZ. Very Happy
Random Hangman
Kudos: 26

PostPosted: 4 Mar 09 11:53 am Reply with quote

Mark240473 wrote:
Random Hangman wrote:
Mark240473 wrote:

Generic even.

Multiplayer will have to include gay vs lesbian matches and a mode where you fight in a giant bouncy castle and throw shoes at each other. And a co-op mode where you hold hands and dance through the poppy fields looking for bunnies.

Mark, please hand in your notice today and take up game design immediately! KFD and myself will pre-order today! Razz
svd_grasshopper

PostPosted: 4 Mar 09 11:58 am Reply with quote

vehicles were great in 3. they were totally changed in 5, and not for the better.
Miss_Wacy
Kudos: 24

PostPosted: 4 Mar 09 12:06 pm Reply with quote

wooo, lovely stuff
xbl:TastyAcidMilk
_Marty_
Kudos: 35

PostPosted: 4 Mar 09 12:12 pm Reply with quote

Mark240473 wrote:
Killzone 2 is just as awesome as COD4 in every way. The gunplay is even more visceral in my opinion and I think it is a shame that many will miss out on it because of negative remarks about it being generic.

A great many more will miss out on it because it's exclusive...
AndyR
CVG Staff

PostPosted: 4 Mar 09 12:32 pm Reply with quote

Mark240473 wrote:

Somebody give this man a job! Very Happy
Granny
Kudos: 18

PostPosted: 4 Mar 09 12:33 pm Reply with quote

If it ain't broke. Sounds like the SP will carry straight on from the last game.
The vehicle inclusion was obvious looking at the grab of people playing the game that surfaced recently. Chucking in popular maps from the last game - presumably with a re-skin on some - means that if you don't like those with vehicles, you're still likely to be happy.
If they do do zombies, maybe they could do it in daylight in a desert setting and steal a bit of RE5's thunder.
Chuck in sprinting 28 days later zombies infected by some virus thingy and they'd have the Left 4 Dead crowd too.
Whatever happens, this will be he biggest selling title this year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: