Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedNatal will follow "usual price curve" says MS. Sounds expensive http://bit.ly/t45XJ
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
Randy Pitchford: "Steam isn't the answer" | "No plans" for Professor Layton on Wii | Sean Lock to present Joysticks | Video: Forza 2 Vs. Forza 3 | IL2 Sturmovik DLC is airborne | No Bayonetta demo in UK PSN update | FIFA 10: Director's Cut video | Exclusive Operation Flashpoint 2 videos | Bungie has 'six-year plan' for Halo | Wayne Rooney: 'I had to change my Gamertag' | Bayonetta demo on Japanese PSN | Gearbox: Easy Achievements mean sales | Leak: Xbox gets its own 'PlayStation Home'? | Valve tones down L4D2 for Australia | Left 4 Dead 2 'Scavenge' | LostWinds sequel is 100th WiiWare game | New Episodes from Liberty City trailer | Nintendo denies further Wii Price drops | Another Mario and Sonic movie | Gearbox: Borderlands "less boring" than Fallout | Amazon begin selling PSN codes | South Park XBLA movies | Activision "didn't want Modern Warfare" | Shenmue returns... In Sega All-Stars Racing | Metal Slug PSP goes mental
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
32 Metroid Trilogy shots
View previous topic - View next topic  
lordirongut
Kudos: 26

PostPosted: 4 Aug 09 11:05 am Reply with quote

MP1 was the best, followed by MP3. MP2 was still awesome, but the environments weren't as bright and vibrant as 1's were. The MP series is probably the only FPS series that I still like, I honestly believe that they have been better than all the CoD's, Halo's, Killzones and Medal of Honours that have ever been made. They were also quite challenging compared to those other FPSs. It took me forever to beat that damned boost guardian in MP2, and that ice guy in MP3 made my arm hurt from swinging the Wiimote around for so long. That second boss in MP1 was also a pain, mainly due to those damned wasps that you had to kill-they moved too quickly! The best area was without a doubt the Phandrana (?) Drifts-I loved that area.
Big_Bad_Bassist
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 4 Aug 09 11:05 am Reply with quote

Well all credit to them, they've managed to make the first two look worse than when they were first released...gotta take skill
WHERESMYMONKEY
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 4 Aug 09 11:14 am Reply with quote

having polayed the remake of Prime i'd say it looks slightly better but nothing too noticeable. slightly sharper is all.

Using 3s controls though makes the game fell fresh again. Definately going to be getting this at the end of the month.
svensk101
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 4 Aug 09 11:16 am Reply with quote

lordirongut wrote:
MP1 was the best, followed by MP3. MP2 was still awesome, but the environments weren't as bright and vibrant as 1's were. The MP series is probably the only FPS series that I still like, I honestly believe that they have been better than all the CoD's, Halo's, Killzones and Medal of Honours that have ever been made. They were also quite challenging compared to those other FPSs. It took me forever to beat that damned boost guardian in MP2, and that ice guy in MP3 made my arm hurt from swinging the Wiimote around for so long. That second boss in MP1 was also a pain, mainly due to those damned wasps that you had to kill-they moved too quickly! The best area was without a doubt the Phandrana (?) Drifts-I loved that area.

I thought 3 was the weakest. Hypermode was a mistake for me. 1 and 2 are my favourite games from last gen, though. I, too, think they are better than Halo et al but for me they are different types of games. When it comes to FPS's, the original Halo is still the best and one I never get tired of playing through. Oh, and that boost guardian. motherf**ker. It, and the spider guardian nearly made me break my TV.
Nitendofreak
Kudos: 26

PostPosted: 4 Aug 09 11:22 am Reply with quote

Yay, out on my birthday.
Wario-Man
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 4 Aug 09 11:26 am Reply with quote

This will defintely be one of the best games on the Wii. I hope they include motion plus and somehow link all the stories together. That would make this even more awesome!
Hobophobik
Kudos: 23

PostPosted: 4 Aug 09 11:57 am Reply with quote

I've not played the others, but I must be the only person who didn't like MP3. I found the controls nice, but the game was pretty dull in my opinion.
YCshinobi
Kudos: 35

PostPosted: 4 Aug 09 12:33 pm Reply with quote

Corruption is the weakest out of the 3, though its still a good game. At first I didn't want to get these, but now I just can't wait to play it lol, I have this pre-ordered, 3 great games for the price of one, thats great value, and this is a awesome collectors edition for any fan of the series.
Aliens: Colonial Marines
Bioshock 2
Mass Effect 2
Modern Warfare 2
Wii
Metroid: Other M
Tatsunoko vs Capcom
Monster Hunter 3
No More Heroes 2
Red Steel 2
AJDarkstar
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: 4 Aug 09 12:52 pm Reply with quote

That's a lot of Metroid love right there! Can't wait for this, even though I have all three individual releases. Good excuse to play them again, and a nice way to whet the appetite before Other M.
bagofbones
Kudos: 24

PostPosted: 4 Aug 09 1:22 pm Reply with quote

OMG! whats with all those jaggies in those screenshots!

the originals were all smooth and sexy Cool
YCshinobi

PostPosted: 4 Aug 09 1:28 pm Reply with quote

bagofbones wrote:
OMG! whats with all those jaggies in those screenshots!

the originals were all smooth and sexy Cool

And they will be in this Wii release, blame CVG, their wii pics are always jaggy.
Aliens: Colonial Marines
Bioshock 2
Mass Effect 2
Modern Warfare 2
Wii
Metroid: Other M
Tatsunoko vs Capcom
Monster Hunter 3
No More Heroes 2
Red Steel 2
carterlink
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 4 Aug 09 5:08 pm Reply with quote

Big_Bad_Bassist wrote:
Well all credit to them, they've managed to make the first two look worse than when they were first released...gotta take skill

I doubt it somehow, being widescreen and in a higher resolution. - Even if, all three of them still look far better, in terms of art-design and imagination, than the vast reams of generic pap that passes as today's hardcore FPS's. - Stand up Dullzone 2.
nb_nmare2
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 4 Aug 09 7:08 pm Reply with quote

carterlink wrote:
Even if, all three of them still look far better, in terms of art-design and imagination, than the vast reams of generic pap that passes as today's hardcore FPS's. - Stand up Dullzone 2.

Same-o 3 and Gears of Bore 2 don't even have to be told to stand up.
lonewolf2002

PostPosted: 5 Aug 09 9:18 am Reply with quote

nb_nmare2 wrote:
carterlink wrote:
Even if, all three of them still look far better, in terms of art-design and imagination, than the vast reams of generic pap that passes as today's hardcore FPS's. - Stand up Dullzone 2.

Same-o 3 and Gears of Bore 2 don't even have to be told to stand up.

Thats true because gears of bore is a third person shooter Razz
WoW Realm=Stormrage Char=Loanwolf (human rogue)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: