Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedAssassin's Creed II gets Euro date - http://bit.ly/RET0N
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
Rock Band gets Spinal Tap, Evanescence | FEAR DLC now free on PC | Mega Man Star Force 3 DS movie | EA's GI Joe: The trailer | Assassin's II gets £69 Collector's Edition | Call of Juarez: 'Brothers' trailer | VidZone: Where Next? | Dante's Inferno dev diary | Forza 3 to include Le Mans | Tales of Vesperia: Euro trailer | Tretton frustration over PSP Go leaks | 85 Mario & Sonic: Winter Games shots | Roogoo Twisted Towers screens | New SuperCar Challenge shots | Wii sales top 20 million in US | Heavy Weapon penetrates PSN | Xbox Live: This week's content | Assassin's Creed II gets Euro date | New Nintendo downloads | Home: Mystery of "Xi" space revealed | L4D boycott responds to Valve response | Pachter "regrets" PSP Go "rip-off" comments | MS: Natal launch to be as big as 360's | Sega Vintage Collection trailer | Sony targets girls with purple PSP
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Games on Demand
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
NFS: Shift trailer speeds in
View previous topic - View next topic  
AJB123644
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 29 May 09 6:03 pm Reply with quote

That does look pretty cool to be honest and for once we Europe people get it before America!
Together we are strong and United we will stand. As PC Gamers come together United we shall be Victorious!
Oni
Kudos: 6

PostPosted: 30 May 09 2:28 pm Reply with quote

I don't get why every NFS didn't have a cockpit view, lol

The first one did, and the first one was great with its tacky FMV and the feeling of a challenge against the X Man. "Digitally immortalized..." in tiny video screens with bad sound. Even the FMV cop arrests were good, funny. "Looks like I caught me my first UFO, you'd better start turning green real fast..." It had cool sprint runs, which felt grounded and real, not 'tracks' like the Hot Pursuits, on which the cops would chase you 'round and round.

Roll on decades of sub-standard NFS racers until lo and behold: Most Wanted! Sells like honey coated sugary stuff and is rarely seen pre-owned, anywhere. It was like playing a this gen version of the first game, like EA had been releasing great games for years and MW was the end product of the evolution.

It had FMV clips, cops chases, racing in daylight... felt more like the first than any other. No cockpit view though, why? Why not do what the first game did? And the scenes in which the cops catch you were lifted straight from a 'how not to make a cinematic for ANY game' manual, why? Why not to do what the first game did?

Then Carbon, Pro Street, Undercover... none as good as Most Wanted! I think I'll be skipping Shift, too. I even misread the news title before clicking the link; my brain automatically deleted the F in Shift.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: