Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedCheck back at 6pm for Halo ODST overload!
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
Two new Spyborgs movies | Bungie: Natal wouldn't work with Halo controls | Halo Reach to be Bungie's last 360 game | Drum Grip unveiled for DS | Four new Dirt 2 vids | Rabbids Go Home - two new vids | Leaked 360 Avatar Golf footage emerges | Command & Conquer 4 first look | New Rage trailer | New COD multiplayer screens | Borderlands out October 23 - movie | Halo Legends - debut trailer | Microsoft game revenues down three percent | Pre-order Batman, get exclusive map | New Gran Turismo PSP trailer | Double Fine: "Activision will not kill Brutal Legend" | Vote for the Zelda Nike trainers | Battlefield 1943 breaks download records | Castle Crashes headed to PS3 | Guerrilla 'stepping back' from Killzone 2 | New Nintendo downloads | New Splinter Cell footage | PSN Update: Killzone 2, WipEout DLC | SingStar gets Universal tunes | LBP community levels hit 1 million
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
New Splinter Cell footage
View previous topic - View next topic  
cmaxel
Kudos: 23

PostPosted: 23 Jul 09 5:04 pm Reply with quote

Give me some info about multiplayer!!
IbanezLewis
Kudos: 16

PostPosted: 23 Jul 09 5:19 pm Reply with quote

Looks good. I hope the gameplay and controls are just as good as the other Splinter Cell games.
T12AV15
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 23 Jul 09 5:56 pm Reply with quote

looks smart, really hope it comes to PS3. Very much like 24 by the looks of it.
Sleepaphobic
Kudos: 19

PostPosted: 23 Jul 09 7:14 pm Reply with quote

sam is kickass and everything but comon, can you not rip off jack bauer? not only because hes too awesome to mimic and ur efforts will most likely b in vain but if you succeed at all there will be 2 similar bauers and the world will implode due to their overwhelming awesomeness.

now abt the game. could ubi have just made a totally new ip or smthg coz this isnt splinter cell. in chaos theory (the best 1 so far) i probably used my gun lethally only once and was a stealth game. this game seems to encourage you to blow away an entire city. Mad

also (i must have missed smthg abt this, so if sum1 could fill me in tht would b kl) didnt his daughter get run over by a drunk driver? why would sum1 want to deliberately kill her?
stroypa
Kudos: 16

PostPosted: 24 Jul 09 12:16 am Reply with quote

man i wish i could get this! i would love to be corrected but i think its a 360 exclusive isn't it?
Sleepaphobic
Kudos: 19

PostPosted: 24 Jul 09 12:21 am Reply with quote

stroypa wrote:
man i wish i could get this! i would love to be corrected but i think its a 360 exclusive isn't it?
PC too
ingy
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 24 Jul 09 8:34 am Reply with quote

I heard the developer saying on a clip, that if the stealth approach doesn't work, the level won't be over like in previous versions because you can then choose to blast your way through.

In other words, it's going to be an action game, if you have the choice between sneaking around for hours or going in all guns blazing i think i know what most people are going to do.

For me, the enforced sneaking was what made this game unique and so great, this is gonna be a purchase for me but i fear it's the spiritual death of the splinter cell franchise Crying or Very sad
StonecoldMC
Kudos: 38

PostPosted: 24 Jul 09 8:52 am Reply with quote

This looks like a real re boot of the Franchise, some may say it wasnt needed, I' rather wait until I play the Game myself before jumping the gun.

Mos Def a pick up on Day 1!
Black Mantis
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 24 Jul 09 8:58 am Reply with quote

Sleepaphobic wrote:
sam is kickass and everything but comon, can you not rip off jack bauer? not only because hes too awesome to mimic and ur efforts will most likely b in vain but if you succeed at all there will be 2 similar bauers and the world will implode due to their overwhelming awesomeness.

now abt the game. could ubi have just made a totally new ip or smthg coz this isnt splinter cell. in chaos theory (the best 1 so far) i probably used my gun lethally only once and was a stealth game. this game seems to encourage you to blow away an entire city. Mad

also (i must have missed smthg abt this, so if sum1 could fill me in tht would b kl) didnt his daughter get run over by a drunk driver? why would sum1 want to deliberately kill her?

24 has been rubbish since Day 6, so I'm glad Sam Fisher has gone badass!
blind_fools
Kudos: 15

PostPosted: 24 Jul 09 9:17 am Reply with quote

???
ahhh guys thats not a new video i watched it last week on IGN.
pishers
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 24 Jul 09 9:32 am Reply with quote

ingy wrote:
I heard the developer saying on a clip, that if the stealth approach doesn't work, the level won't be over like in previous versions because you can then choose to blast your way through.

In other words, it's going to be an action game, if you have the choice between sneaking around for hours or going in all guns blazing i think i know what most people are going to do.

For me, the enforced sneaking was what made this game unique and so great, this is gonna be a purchase for me but i fear it's the spiritual death of the splinter cell franchise Crying or Very sad

surely choice is better, you can play it how you want. deus ex gave the choice and it worked perfectly, if this comes close to that it will be one of the best games ever released.
WHERESMYMONKEY
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 24 Jul 09 9:45 am Reply with quote

i like that it won't just end if you screw up sneaking around something. It makes more sense to me. I think they should make the enemies pretty difficult to kill if you do go in guns blazing though.

Give us the option but make bringing out the guns a tougher one.
Black Mantis
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 24 Jul 09 9:45 am Reply with quote

pishers wrote:
ingy wrote:

surely choice is better, you can play it how you want. deus ex gave the choice and it worked perfectly, if this comes close to that it will be one of the best games ever released.

I agree, choice is better. I'll still be playing in stealth mode for certain, makes me feel more in control. Cool
yerbluesjohn
Kudos: 18

PostPosted: 24 Jul 09 12:00 pm Reply with quote

I'm usually put off when Tom Clancy's name is attached to a game, but I watched the developer video for this a while ago and now I'm really interested to see how it turns out. Graphics and gameplay both look great.
GrahamH220
Kudos: 12

PostPosted: 24 Jul 09 1:16 pm Reply with quote

Damn, I wish this was on PS3, I love Splinter Cell.
Looks a bit like the Bourne Conspiracy by Robert Ludlum.

If it's on PC i'll be saved, Thank God i upgraded.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: