Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedHalo Wars leaderboards reset - ouch! http://bit.ly/UntXc
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
Guitar Hero 5 to star... Shirley Manson | Halo Wars leaderboards reset | 360 Facebook, Twitter launches "spread out" | Alien vs. Predator: Marine trailer | DJ Hero gets Jay-Z, Eminem edition | Kingdom Under Fire dev does MMO | Lips - new tracks revealed | Champions Online Open beta detailed | Punch Out Wii dev wants sequel | PixelJunk Shooter video shows new level, guns | Doesn't FFXIV look lovely? | Nintendo hopes core Wii games sales "pick up" | EyePet out this year | PS3 pad cheers up | UFC coming to Wii, handhelds | Splinter Cell damage control continues | Official: Halo Chronicles "on hold" | Risen trailer | Natal out "late next year" | Forza 3 released in Europe first | Tecmo Koei attempts zombie record | Cast your vote in T3 Gadget Awards | New Quantum shots | FIFA 10 gameplay video leaked (now pulled) | "DJ Hero and Tiesto are flirting"
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Splinter Cell, Red Steel 2 delayed to 2010
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic - View next topic  
StonecoldMC
Kudos: 38

PostPosted: 27 Jul 09 5:21 pm Reply with quote

A shame, I was looking forward to playing Sam this year.

2010 is looking really really crowded already Crying or Very sad .
StonecoldMC

PostPosted: 27 Jul 09 5:22 pm Reply with quote

Put you money in the box CVG!

Last edited by StonecoldMC on 27 Jul 09 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
StonecoldMC

PostPosted: 27 Jul 09 5:22 pm Reply with quote

Oh, come on! Its only 20p!

Last edited by StonecoldMC on 27 Jul 09 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Twelfth Crusader
Kudos: 5

PostPosted: 27 Jul 09 5:23 pm Reply with quote

Damn it! Splinter Cell was looking awesome!
AVENGE F1RES
Kudos: 8

PostPosted: 27 Jul 09 5:25 pm Reply with quote

loads of things are being f**kin delayed, wot is the point aggghhhh
Miss_Wacy
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: 27 Jul 09 5:39 pm Reply with quote

next to f**k all out this year now wanted my new splinter cell aswell Sad, i thought every year had amazing end of year lineups, all i can say is this is the worst PERIOD, thank god for cod mw 2 and a few others

but with all the games that have been delayed this year, next year will own
xbl:TastyAcidMilk
GTCzeero
Kudos: 11

PostPosted: 27 Jul 09 5:52 pm Reply with quote

Not happy at all with Splinter Cell being delayed, Activision must be overjoyed that there's now virtually no competition to stop them gouging all of us this Christmas.

Wasn't even aware there was a new Ghost Recon, so I had no reason to expect it out this year.
shadowsblaze
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 27 Jul 09 6:09 pm Reply with quote

At least Brutal Legend is still coming out this year as long as Activision don't get their way (the b******s).
flash501
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 27 Jul 09 6:39 pm Reply with quote

Miss_Wacy wrote:
next to f**k all out this year now wanted my new splinter cell aswell Sad, i thought every year had amazing end of year lineups, all i can say is this is the worst PERIOD, thank god for cod mw 2 and a few others

Unfortunately MW2 has a lot to do with why so many games are being put back till next year. The problem is, all the big games will be coming out around the same time next spring so it will be no less competitive then.
palancas7
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 27 Jul 09 6:41 pm Reply with quote

Now all I'm left with is... New Super Mario Bros. Screw this!
monty_79
Kudos: 22

PostPosted: 27 Jul 09 6:42 pm Reply with quote

Is Mass Effect 2 still out this year? Please say it is! If not, I only have L4D2 to look forward to (although if I play it on-line even half as much as the first, it will still be a good 5 months)!

Yeah, looks like MW2 will have very little competition in November.
carterlink
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 27 Jul 09 6:45 pm Reply with quote

Ubisoft you bastards!! - Couldn't care less about Splinter Cell but I wanted Red Steel 2 for christmas. - Maybe if you stopped throwing weight behind utter s**t like Rabbids, you could apply yourself properly to the more promising projects.
AJDarkstar
Kudos: 24

PostPosted: 27 Jul 09 6:45 pm Reply with quote

Mass Effect 2 is listed on Play.com as 29/01/10, so unlikely to be out this year, even if that date isn't very accurate. But if it means a better game as a result, then I'm fine to wait. Gives me extra time to save my pennies, too.
finty13

PostPosted: 27 Jul 09 6:58 pm Reply with quote

monty_79 wrote:
Is Mass Effect 2 still out this year? Please say it is! If not, I only have L4D2 to look forward to (although if I play it on-line even half as much as the first, it will still be a good 5 months)!

Yeah, looks like MW2 will have very little competition in November.

Unfortunately, Mass Effect 2 is delayed until January if I remember correctly. It looks like it is gonna be a boring christmas this year with no Splinter Cell, Bioshock or Mass Effect.

It looks like this huge mess is COD's fault. Is it just me or is anyone else fed up with this bland linear franchise Mad
Black Mantis
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 27 Jul 09 7:01 pm Reply with quote

Mass Effect 2 was never scheduled for this year.

On-topic. Kinda disappointing, but now I will be picking up Brutal Legend for sure, as long as Activision don't throw a spanner in the works! I'm getting worried for Dead Rising 2 now, haven't heard or seen anything about it for ages...
AJB123644

PostPosted: 27 Jul 09 7:18 pm Reply with quote

Great another delay! Ok Red Steel 2 was all I was after for the time being but still. As someone else said 2010 really is starting to get packed and looking very expensive indeed. So many games are coming out it is unbelievable that many of them will do well.

Plus surely this will mean MW2 will do even better in the charts and sales because it has nothing to compete with?
Together we are strong and United we will stand. As PC Gamers come together United we shall be Victorious!
roland82
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 27 Jul 09 7:24 pm Reply with quote

It wasnt to long ago we we're all moaning about the winter line up having too many games, now we're moaning again.

Obviously this is good from a money point of view but not for choice. Ive got Forza 3 , OSDT [maybe] and MW2 so Ill be fine. Would have bought this depending on a demo probably.

It seems the best way to win at commercial warfare in these modern times is to scare the opponents from even trying.
Miss_Wacy
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: 27 Jul 09 7:42 pm Reply with quote

flash501 wrote:
Miss_Wacy wrote:

Unfortunately MW2 has a lot to do with why so many games are being put back till next year. The problem is, all the big games will be coming out around the same time next spring so it will be no less competitive then.

yea i bet activision are laughing mw 2 will make a killing wen its out
xbl:TastyAcidMilk
Electricleash
Kudos: 11

PostPosted: 27 Jul 09 7:49 pm Reply with quote

The fact they have now made it 360 EXCLUSIVE!!! means this news is irrelevant to me personally, seeing as they have just cut out the entire original SC PC fan base! and that's not to mention the PS3 owners.
I'm mean come on! What the hell is going on with this company?!!
They've just gone from bad (R6V/GRAW)
to worse. gahhh!!
Black Mantis

PostPosted: 27 Jul 09 7:55 pm Reply with quote

Electricleash wrote:
The fact they have now made it 360 EXCLUSIVE!!! means this news is irrelevant to me personally, seeing as they have just cut out the entire original SC PC fan base! and that's not to mention the PS3 owners.
I'm mean come on! What the hell is going on with this company?!!
They've just gone from bad (R6V/GRAW)
to worse. gahhh!!

I never heard anything about the PC version being cancelled?!
JuiKuen
Kudos: 26

PostPosted: 27 Jul 09 7:55 pm Reply with quote

Looks like its a s**t Xmas for 360 owners. Possibly the most uninteresting game out of them all is only real big game coming out. And if all games are getting delayed because MW2, then this is a reflection of sad times and a real sad state of affairs.

With this and another crap Halo game, 360 suckers will have a really great time this Xmas. But since that's all they play anyway, its not like they will care
sas0875
Kudos: 24

PostPosted: 27 Jul 09 8:01 pm Reply with quote

JuiKuen wrote:
Looks like its a s**t Xmas for 360 owners. Possibly the most uninteresting game out of them all is only real big game coming out. And if all games are getting delayed because MW2, then this is a reflection of sad times and a real sad state of affairs.

With this and another crap Halo game, 360 suckers will have a really great time this Xmas. But since that's all they play anyway, its not like they will care

Oh look, lady boy is back. Haven't seen you around for while.
Black Mantis

PostPosted: 27 Jul 09 8:11 pm Reply with quote

JuiKuen wrote:

Perfect timing! I'm just listening to End Up Like This by Jurassic 5. Tell me, what did these evil 360 creeps do to you that made you end up like this?!
FiltyMonkey
Kudos: 22

PostPosted: 27 Jul 09 8:45 pm Reply with quote

Delayed?...not Splinter Cell...please NOOOOOOOOO!!!

*dramatic reverse crash zoom revealing a lone silhouette standing upon a dark clifftop while a massive thunder storm crashes the heavens*

I'm right pissed off now!
Sleepaphobic
Kudos: 19

PostPosted: 27 Jul 09 9:00 pm Reply with quote

uh you meant 24 the game (2) not splinter cell. anyways i dont really care as this isnt really splinter cell but ghost recon being delayed hurts, almost as bad as kidney stones. Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: