Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedAssassin's Creed II gets Euro date - http://bit.ly/RET0N
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
Rock Band gets Spinal Tap, Evanescence | FEAR DLC now free on PC | Mega Man Star Force 3 DS movie | EA's GI Joe: The trailer | Assassin's II gets £69 Collector's Edition | Call of Juarez: 'Brothers' trailer | VidZone: Where Next? | Dante's Inferno dev diary | Forza 3 to include Le Mans | Tales of Vesperia: Euro trailer | Tretton frustration over PSP Go leaks | 85 Mario & Sonic: Winter Games shots | Roogoo Twisted Towers screens | New SuperCar Challenge shots | Wii sales top 20 million in US | Heavy Weapon penetrates PSN | Xbox Live: This week's content | Assassin's Creed II gets Euro date | New Nintendo downloads | Home: Mystery of "Xi" space revealed | L4D boycott responds to Valve response | Pachter "regrets" PSP Go "rip-off" comments | MS: Natal launch to be as big as 360's | Sega Vintage Collection trailer | Sony targets girls with purple PSP
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Games on Demand
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
E3: Alien vs. Predator movie
View previous topic - View next topic  
kimoak
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 3 Jun 09 8:52 am Reply with quote

Oh god, that looks f***ing epic!!
minignaz
Kudos: 36

PostPosted: 3 Jun 09 8:56 am Reply with quote

Looking good, I just hope it plays well and gives the scares of the originals.
Black Mantis
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 3 Jun 09 9:19 am Reply with quote

This looks like it may finally do these icons some justice, after Hollywood screwed them up royally. Is this scheduled for this year?
Little Moth
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 3 Jun 09 9:59 am Reply with quote

This really does look absolutely EPIC!!! If this turns out to be good enough to buy, I think I'll definitely be playing as the Predator first. I love the stealth aspect of playing as the Predator, just looks like some much fun. Very Happy Shocked Very Happy
djjimmy
Kudos: 18

PostPosted: 3 Jun 09 10:02 am Reply with quote

Scheduled for 2010 unfortunately.

Looking absolutely frickin amazing though. I played the original (skipped the second) and I always loved playing as the Predator, but is it me or does this seem like the first of a series of teasers? I mean this vid mainly shows the Predator so I wouldn't be surprised if others for both the marines and the Aliens are released in the same way during the next couple of days.

And CVG, any chance of acknowledging the fact that it's being released on the PC aswell?
Black Mantis

PostPosted: 3 Jun 09 10:37 am Reply with quote

djjimmy wrote:
Scheduled for 2010 unfortunately.

Looking absolutely frickin amazing though. I played the original (skipped the second) and I always loved playing as the Predator, but is it me or does this seem like the first of a series of teasers? I mean this vid mainly shows the Predator so I wouldn't be surprised if others for both the marines and the Aliens are released in the same way during the next couple of days.

And CVG, any chance of acknowledging the fact that it's being released on the PC aswell?

Yeah, they're releasing separate teasers for each character.
funkyjack

PostPosted: 3 Jun 09 10:38 am Reply with quote

Looking very good.
ensabahnur
Kudos: 35

PostPosted: 3 Jun 09 10:54 am Reply with quote

WOW, what else is there to say.
nb_nmare2
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 3 Jun 09 11:00 am Reply with quote

Black Mantis wrote:
This looks like it may finally do these icons some justice, after Hollywood screwed them up royally. Is this scheduled for this year?

Finally? What was wrong with the previous AvP games?
JoWoo
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 3 Jun 09 11:32 am Reply with quote

djjimmy wrote:

THANK you. Seen as though the other two games were PC exclusives, think it'd at least get a mention.

I hate this arbitrary exclusion of a platform that CVG seems to do, regardless of which platform ends up excluded (though it usually seems to be the PC).
Black Mantis

PostPosted: 3 Jun 09 11:38 am Reply with quote

nb_nmare2 wrote:
Black Mantis wrote:

Finally? What was wrong with the previous AvP games?

Yes the games were good, but the films were rubbish. This was stated in my post, yet you failed to notice it. Evil or Very Mad
nb_nmare2
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 3 Jun 09 12:57 pm Reply with quote

"Finally" implies that this is the first time there has ever been any AvP product which has done the two franchises justice. It also suggests the films were the first time AvP had ever been done.

Clearly both are incorrect. (As well as the earlier games, there's also a comic book range, which is generally pretty good.)
Black Mantis

PostPosted: 3 Jun 09 1:33 pm Reply with quote

nb_nmare2 wrote:
"Finally" implies that this is the first time there has ever been any AvP product which has done the two franchises justice. It also suggests the films were the first time AvP had ever been done.

Clearly both are incorrect. (As well as the earlier games, there's also a comic book range, which is generally pretty good.)

But I said "after" Hollywood had screwed them up. Basically I'm after a great audio-visual experience featuring these great icons with today's technology, which is why I included the films.
-Marvin-
Kudos: 8

PostPosted: 3 Jun 09 2:07 pm Reply with quote

Sega at least, if not CVG, confirm that this is a PC release as well.

From the Sega site, www.sega.com/avp
Quote:
Aliens vs Predator is an entirely new title for PC and high-definition consoles from acclaimed British developer Rebellion, the team behind the 1999 original PC gaming classic.
lonewolf2002

PostPosted: 3 Jun 09 5:37 pm Reply with quote

From the vid on gametrailers that show a dev walkthrough of a Predator mission I have some concerns with the game now. The parts shown were set in the jungle but you were told what you could jump onto and it looked like a very narrow corridor that you followed. Hopefully all of that is because it is the E3 build as they put it. Oh and no whip for the Predators (best part of a bad movie). Cool

For anyone who has not seen it http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-aliens-vs/50382
360 Lon3Wolf2002
PSN lone_WOLF2002
lonewolf2002

PostPosted: 3 Jun 09 5:42 pm Reply with quote

nb_nmare2 wrote:

There is also a range of novels too Earth Hive being one example here is a snippet of the plot.

"On Earth, the alien cult has successfully broken into the biowarfare lab containing the alien specimen, and has released wild aliens onto the planet. The aliens are slowly taking over, despite the best efforts of Earth defense forces. Over a period of several months, the aliens so completely dominate the planet, that most humans have been killed, and the rest have evacuted to earth orbit or other planets."

Now make a game of that please Very Happy
360 Lon3Wolf2002
PSN lone_WOLF2002
liquid_metal
Kudos: 37

PostPosted: 3 Jun 09 7:11 pm Reply with quote

Hopefully its being made with the first two games in mind (a toaster could run them so if you haven't played them before... shame on you).

I'd never jumped like a little girl at a pipe and some steam before playing AvP2. A wonderful experience.
lonewolf2002

PostPosted: 3 Jun 09 11:08 pm Reply with quote

liquid_metal wrote:
Hopefully its being made with the first two games in mind (a toaster could run them so if you haven't played them before... shame on you).

I'd never jumped like a little girl at a pipe and some steam before playing AvP2. A wonderful experience.

I have a feeling that statement is not strictly true.

/me runs
360 Lon3Wolf2002
PSN lone_WOLF2002
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: