Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedOfficial: BioShock 2 delayed - http://bit.ly/10Q4NT
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
BioShock 2 delayed | Guitar Hero 5 footage | Tiger Woods tops Fight Night | Worms iPhone out now | Mario & Sonic: Winter Olympics dated | The Golden Joystick Picture Puzzler | BioWare: Activision PS3 comment "silly" | Ikaruga XBLA gets 50% price cut | NFS Shift: New Drift mode video | New Halo ODST footage | Heavy Rain confirmed for "early 2010" release | Killzone 2 'Napalm & Cordite' DLC revealed | Leaked Sony schedule dates Uncharted 2 | Left 4 Dead 2 'Swamp Fever' screenshot | New Forza 3 motorshots | PS3 Slim on sale? | First pics of revamped Lara Croft | Calling - first screens and 'facts' | Game & Watch games come to DSiWare | Konami unveils Wii horror | Vitality Sensor can be the next Balance Board | Xbox Live: This week's content | XBLA summer line-up dated | BioShock 2's fourth developer revealed... | Warriors Orochi 2 PSP dated
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Forza 3: "No weather, night racing or rally"
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic - View next topic  
feeg86
Kudos: 20

PostPosted: 9 Jul 09 5:40 pm Reply with quote

GT5 beater with no rally or weather?

The night/ Wet tracks were the some of the best editions to the GT franchise.
JuiKuen
Kudos: 26

PostPosted: 9 Jul 09 6:19 pm Reply with quote

I have to admit that this game does look really good in terms of visuals. What a waste not to have at least night racing. Forza isn't a series that appeals to me but they should at least have night racing
Black Mantis
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 9 Jul 09 6:24 pm Reply with quote

I'm glad there's no Rally mode, but night racing and weather would've been good additions.
Tonyb
Kudos: 34

PostPosted: 9 Jul 09 6:30 pm Reply with quote

Give me added realism via actual car damage and customisation to the nth degree and I couldn't give a s**t about night driving or dynamic weather!

If this plays as well as it looks (absolutely stunning!), this is going to be something very, very special indeed...bring it on, can't wait!! Very Happy
Jensonjet
Kudos: 20

PostPosted: 9 Jul 09 6:43 pm Reply with quote

What about people in the stadiums? I think this is more important than night races. Weather would've been nice, but seeing as barely anyone can drive the game without one or several arcadey driver aids on I can't imagine anyone would miss a little rain on the track. Rallying was never expected, however, seeing as Codemasters are literally sh*&ing all over their once-rallying game we do need a proper out-and-out rally game for fans of the sport (not american kids)!
StonecoldMC
Kudos: 37

PostPosted: 9 Jul 09 6:45 pm Reply with quote

Am I right in thinking that FM3 will have tyre deformation?

If it does, then this could be way more important and immersive than driving in the dark, for me anyway.

All this speculation is just making me want the Game even more Very Happy !!!
horngreen

PostPosted: 9 Jul 09 7:03 pm Reply with quote

Night racing would have been cool but I agree about the tires. It would be nice if they would blow out if you pushed them too long. Weather I could take or leave. As for beating GT5 hell 4za 1 beat all the GT games so I don't see this being any different. I know, I know you'll all get you "damage" in a "promised" download months after the games sales have peaked. We all know they will THEN announce no damage patch LOL. So $60+ for GT5 along with the $40 you paid for the demo? I'm sure the DLC will be free though Rolling Eyes
Tonyb
Kudos: 34

PostPosted: 9 Jul 09 7:08 pm Reply with quote

StonecoldMC wrote:

If it does, then this could be way more important and immersive than driving in the dark, for me anyway.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that I've read that tyre deformation is in there and obviously will affect the handling, adding yet more realism for people who love their simulators.

Personally I'm more an "arcadey" type of racer but will definitely check out the other modes as well! Very Happy
voodoo341
Kudos: 38

PostPosted: 9 Jul 09 7:24 pm Reply with quote

StonecoldMC wrote:

Bloody hell tyre deformation! Laughing

Mod Nation Racer please.
Black Mantis

PostPosted: 9 Jul 09 7:42 pm Reply with quote

Tonyb wrote:
StonecoldMC wrote:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that I've read that tyre deformation is in there and obviously will affect the handling, adding yet more realism for people who love their simulators.

Personally I'm more an "arcadey" type of racer but will definitely check out the other modes as well! Very Happy

Same here. Forza 2 was the first sim I've spent hours on since GT1 and that was only because it was bundled with my 360! I played the hell out of GT1 and the thought of playing another racing sim horrified me.

Forza 2 changed my mind though, although I don't tinker around much anymore with the engines/gears/suspension. Cool
congofx
Kudos: 35

PostPosted: 9 Jul 09 7:53 pm Reply with quote

Wow I have a 360, naturally I love it. But man I'm glad I don't have to put up with console racers on my PC.

Who cares if Forza3 or GT5 is better, both games are for chumps who use manual gears anyway. Who cares how good it is? These people don't deserve racing game on their respective platforms. Banging up against corners with no damage cars, pfft.
Trevor_Compton
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 9 Jul 09 8:17 pm Reply with quote

You know I'm playing FM2 at the moment, as a friend got himself a 360 and FM2. Too be honest hearing this I'm a bit disappointed but then I didn't even think of these. But then thinking about it didn't one of the gt's have this and doesn't Grid have changing night. But then I am still looking forward to it!
flash501
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 9 Jul 09 9:07 pm Reply with quote

I can't understand why they continually refuse to put wet weather racing into this or GT(apart from one lousy track in one of the previous GT games), it's such a large part of real life racing that any game that calls itself a sim really should have it included. Having changeable weather during the endurance races would really add to the game imo. Surely it's not that hard to do.
spinoir
Kudos: 4

PostPosted: 9 Jul 09 9:13 pm Reply with quote

Yeah Grid had a night race......it sucked, couldnt see more than a metre in front, so no loss. I do remember the night track on one of the GT games. Looked nice i guess but meh. Oh and if i want to play a rally game.....i'll buy rally game. Rolling Eyes Bring back Rallisport!
Bateman666666
Kudos: 12

PostPosted: 9 Jul 09 9:41 pm Reply with quote

err did i miss someething???? how can there be Le Mans 24 Hr race and no night cycle... ??? not fussed about night really.. but a dusk drive is great as the sun dips behind the moutains and lens flare all over the place.. i think this is a bit rubbish.. like some other due said let the cars blow up and crumble realisticly.. i will believe it when i see it
svd_grasshopper

PostPosted: 9 Jul 09 10:41 pm Reply with quote

haha 24 hour racing in daylight, thats a good point. must be set in iceland or something.

weather was good in PGR4, though looked a bit s**t graphically but was still good and added to the hectic action. love the race where you drove a classic open-top, one seater ferrari round the nurburgring and it was snowing.

le mans is s**t. but rally will be great in GT. some decent power sliding finally.
Osiris25
Kudos: 15

PostPosted: 9 Jul 09 10:57 pm Reply with quote

I have to say it does make me laugh when all they did in their E3 conference was hammer it home about how Forza 3 was this generations defining racing game. Surely to do that you at least need weather effects and all. Otherwise you've got less features than previous generations racing games?
svd_grasshopper

PostPosted: 9 Jul 09 11:29 pm Reply with quote

gotta love the people who say they couldnt give a s**t about features that arent included, but big up the ones that are... Rolling Eyes

customising your suspension from 30 available increments is f**king anal to say the least. hated that in GT. people pretending they are mechanics.

exterior customisation is good though. like in midnight club.
r35gtr
Kudos: 9

PostPosted: 9 Jul 09 11:36 pm Reply with quote

im going to get both i downloaded gt5 new trailer and it had rally japan in italy and 2008 on the cars and there damage
DigitalBeast
Kudos: 2

PostPosted: 10 Jul 09 1:33 am Reply with quote

horngreen wrote:
Night racing would have been cool but I agree about the tires. It would be nice if they would blow out if you pushed them too long. Weather I could take or leave. As for beating GT5 hell 4za 1 beat all the GT games so I don't see this being any different. I know, I know you'll all get you "damage" in a "promised" download months after the games sales have peaked. We all know they will THEN announce no damage patch LOL. So $60+ for GT5 along with the $40 you paid for the demo? I'm sure the DLC will be free though Rolling Eyes

horngreen you're such an azz
GT5 prologue was no demo. It had quite a bit in it. Was it a full priced release? Nope. Azz.
GT5 was not released, so the damage will be in the final game, azz. You are obviously a SONY hater/butt hurt XBUTT. Or, just an azz. Stinker Smile
DigitalBeast

PostPosted: 10 Jul 09 1:35 am Reply with quote

svd_grasshopper wrote:
gotta love the people who say they couldnt give a s**t about features that arent included, but big up the ones that are... Rolling Eyes

customising your suspension from 30 available increments is f**king anal to say the least. hated that in GT. people pretending they are mechanics.

exterior customisation is good though. like in midnight club.

So...enjoy your Midnight Club and hush up? Seems simple enough...
DigitalBeast

PostPosted: 10 Jul 09 1:38 am Reply with quote

congofx wrote:
Wow I have a 360, naturally I love it. But man I'm glad I don't have to put up with console racers on my PC.

Who cares if Forza3 or GT5 is better, both games are for chumps who use manual gears anyway. Who cares how good it is? These people don't deserve racing game on their respective platforms. Banging up against corners with no damage cars, pfft.

They're called games, Mr Crazy...
svd_grasshopper

PostPosted: 10 Jul 09 2:04 am Reply with quote

those last two comments were even more pointless than this one.
altitude2k
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 10 Jul 09 8:20 am Reply with quote

A shame about weather and night racing, but I'm glad they won't have rally racing.

As the saying goes - "Jack of all trades, master of none".

Forza is a track-racer and is good at it - that's why I love it. Don't waste resources on another type of racing which is much better suited to a stand-alone game.
blind_fools
Kudos: 15

PostPosted: 10 Jul 09 8:50 am Reply with quote

so how is that "the best driving experience ever"?
why do companys have to constantly talk s**t and bad mouth each other?
next M$ conference i watch im going to need 100 rolls of toilet paper.
its getting rely old and aint helping one bit.
one thing i rely would love to see is the law getting rely strict about false advertisement because its getting to the point where companys can say what ever they want about their product.
even if it is a complete utter lie.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: