Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedOfficial: BioShock 2 delayed - http://bit.ly/10Q4NT
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
BioShock 2 delayed | Guitar Hero 5 footage | Tiger Woods tops Fight Night | Worms iPhone out now | Mario & Sonic: Winter Olympics dated | The Golden Joystick Picture Puzzler | BioWare: Activision PS3 comment "silly" | Ikaruga XBLA gets 50% price cut | NFS Shift: New Drift mode video | New Halo ODST footage | Heavy Rain confirmed for "early 2010" release | Killzone 2 'Napalm & Cordite' DLC revealed | Leaked Sony schedule dates Uncharted 2 | Left 4 Dead 2 'Swamp Fever' screenshot | New Forza 3 motorshots | PS3 Slim on sale? | First pics of revamped Lara Croft | Calling - first screens and 'facts' | Game & Watch games come to DSiWare | Konami unveils Wii horror | Vitality Sensor can be the next Balance Board | Xbox Live: This week's content | XBLA summer line-up dated | BioShock 2's fourth developer revealed... | Warriors Orochi 2 PSP dated
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
'Halo Reach could use Natal' - Bungie
View previous topic - View next topic  
pishers
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 30 Jun 09 10:10 am Reply with quote

i don't about using motion sensing with natal in halo, i think it would be better for rpg's as it could be used for expression recognition during conversations in games like mass effect or fallout. currently its hard to get over that sort of thing in games which could affect how characters perceive you.
monty_79
Kudos: 19

PostPosted: 30 Jun 09 10:28 am Reply with quote

No, I think you have made a couple of decent suggestions, CVG. Don't be so quick to put yourselves down! Ha ha

With the Grenade, you could also roll it along the floor as well as lobbing one. Also, how about sneaking up behind a grunt/Elite/whatever and being able to pull out the pin of one of their grenades whilst it is still in their belts, or taking their weapon from them before they are able to react?
dremorack

PostPosted: 30 Jun 09 10:36 am Reply with quote

NO. Definite no. This is what i was afraid of, I don't want Natal forced on me, if you're gonna bring out natal thats fine, but make games like this standard old controller based please. Us 'proper' gamers are gonna be forced out of gaming at this rate.
MrPirtniw
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 30 Jun 09 10:40 am Reply with quote

Plasma sword battles, anyone?

I've just had a scary thought- the final Halo game, the chief removes his helmet and Natal has digitally stuck the players face underneath... oh, that would be horrendous... Shocked
altitude2k

PostPosted: 30 Jun 09 10:48 am Reply with quote

If you wanted more suggestions, why didn't you just rob the rest of my ideas!

Voice recognition for squads of Spartans FTW.

^_^ Plasma-sword fighting also a great idea.

There's no way on Earth that this will be a prerequisite for Halo Reach, but it might make a very nice addition for those of us who want to give Natal a go.
GTCzeero
Kudos: 10

PostPosted: 30 Jun 09 11:01 am Reply with quote

It's a good idea but would be difficult to incorporate into the FPS genre in a meaningful way. You could try something daring like having aiming handled by Natal, which is risky and may not work well, or just use it for something small like melee, but then it's no better implemented than sixaxis on the PS3, so they have to think carefully about how to use it meaningfully.
dark_gamer
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 30 Jun 09 11:13 am Reply with quote

monty_79 wrote:
No, I think you have made a couple of decent suggestions, CVG

That's because they've just been ripped from Wii games Wink

Quote:
With the Grenade, you could also roll it along the floor as well as lobbing one.
As is that Laughing

Quote:
Also, how about sneaking up behind a grunt/Elite/whatever and being able to pull out the pin of one of their grenades whilst it is still in their belts, or taking their weapon from them before they are able to react?

I think that would be too advanced even for Natal to manage (even if it ends up lliving to it's promise).

dremorack wrote:
I don't want Natal forced on me, if you're gonna bring out natal thats fine, but make games like this standard old controller based please.

No one is forcing you to buy it or even use it, and just because they've said they're thinking of implementing it doesn't mean that they're going to use it as the control method.

And even if it did I'm sure Bungie would give you the option of whether to use Natal or a controller as a input method, and most probably make it so that Natal isn't necessary to play the game but to get the most out of it or even just to get some small little extras.

So don't jump to conclusions!
KMakawa
Kudos: 21

PostPosted: 30 Jun 09 11:14 am Reply with quote

Most of the wolleys out there believe that Natal is all about moving around jumping around infront of a cam.

Well, i think head tracking could work for Reach, more so that when you move your head, your view in the game changes.
pishers

PostPosted: 30 Jun 09 11:23 am Reply with quote

KMakawa wrote:
Most of the wolleys out there believe that Natal is all about moving around jumping around infront of a cam.

Well, i think head tracking could work for Reach, more so that when you move your head, your view in the game changes.

how would head tracking work? if you moved you head to look at the side of the screen would the picture centre on that so you have to move back to looking at the middle of the screen?
dark_gamer

PostPosted: 30 Jun 09 11:30 am Reply with quote

pishers wrote:
KMakawa wrote:

how would head tracking work? if you moved you head to look at the side of the screen would the picture centre on that so you have to move back to looking at the middle of the screen?

I was going to say the same as well. Head tracking wouldn't really work without some kind of headset (like you can get for PC games). I know in the past eye tracking has been talked about which could be implemented into games somehow but I very much doubt Natal will implement that.
altitude2k

PostPosted: 30 Jun 09 11:36 am Reply with quote

Head tracking could definitely work, but in a much more subtle way than moving your head where you want to look/shoot. How about leaning to the side to see around a wall or moving your head around to look at an angle that is slightly off-centre. Your crosshair could stay in the same place and your aim is still completely controlled by your controller.

It doesn't even have to be a necessary tactic, it would just be a great way of giving you a wider field of vision and a psuedo sense of 3D.
StonecoldMC
Kudos: 37

PostPosted: 30 Jun 09 11:46 am Reply with quote

The new Halo to implement Natal?

What gave it away? The name of the Game, 'Reach' Very Happy ?

In Bungie We Trust (as always).
dark_gamer

PostPosted: 30 Jun 09 12:41 pm Reply with quote

altitude2k wrote:
How about leaning to the side to see around a wall or moving your head around to look at an angle that is slightly off-centre. Your crosshair could stay in the same place and your aim is still completely controlled by your controller.

What like young kids who play racing games who steer the controller like a wheel and sway their heads around corners even though it's completely unecessary? Laughing
altitude2k

PostPosted: 30 Jun 09 1:05 pm Reply with quote

dark_gamer wrote:
altitude2k wrote:
How about leaning to the side to see around a wall or moving your head around to look at an angle that is slightly off-centre. Your crosshair could stay in the same place and your aim is still completely controlled by your controller.

What like young kids who play racing games who steer the controller like a wheel and sway their heads around corners even though it's completely unecessary? Laughing

And old people...yes. Who'd have thought they were right all along.

Also, Microsoft gave the bloke a job - the guy who did that 3D Wii homebrew thing that was absolutely amazing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw

If they could use head-tracking instead of strapping a sensorbar to your face in Halo Reach, so things moved appropriately to your viewing position, then you can forget 3D glasses - this is where it's at.
dark_gamer

PostPosted: 30 Jun 09 9:52 pm Reply with quote

altitude2k wrote:
Also, Microsoft gave the bloke a job - the guy who did that 3D Wii homebrew thing that was absolutely amazing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw

Now THAT is frikkin' awesome Very Happy Though I'm really wondering how he's managed to pull off the 3D effects without a 3D TV but damn if it really works 'cos that would be just damn sweet as.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: