Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedCheck back at 6pm for Halo ODST overload!
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
Two new Spyborgs movies | Bungie: Natal wouldn't work with Halo controls | Halo Reach to be Bungie's last 360 game | Drum Grip unveiled for DS | Four new Dirt 2 vids | Rabbids Go Home - two new vids | Leaked 360 Avatar Golf footage emerges | Command & Conquer 4 first look | New Rage trailer | New COD multiplayer screens | Borderlands out October 23 - movie | Halo Legends - debut trailer | Microsoft game revenues down three percent | Pre-order Batman, get exclusive map | New Gran Turismo PSP trailer | Double Fine: "Activision will not kill Brutal Legend" | Vote for the Zelda Nike trainers | Battlefield 1943 breaks download records | Castle Crashes headed to PS3 | Guerrilla 'stepping back' from Killzone 2 | New Nintendo downloads | New Splinter Cell footage | PSN Update: Killzone 2, WipEout DLC | SingStar gets Universal tunes | LBP community levels hit 1 million
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Guerrilla 'stepping back' from Killzone 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic - View next topic  
pp82
Kudos: 18

PostPosted: 23 Jul 09 6:05 pm Reply with quote

step back and try to make something not so bland
nash121
Kudos: 22

PostPosted: 23 Jul 09 7:09 pm Reply with quote

you clearly haven't played it, move on freak!
stonecold77
Kudos: 24

PostPosted: 23 Jul 09 7:23 pm Reply with quote

pp82 wrote:
step back and try to make something not so bland

Idiot
voodoo341
Kudos: 38

PostPosted: 23 Jul 09 7:31 pm Reply with quote

Get the mechs and tanks up and going for the multiplayer game before you take a holiday guys.
timewarp1

PostPosted: 23 Jul 09 8:23 pm Reply with quote

nah they just wanna play mw2 like the rest of us!
WingForward
Kudos: 13

PostPosted: 23 Jul 09 8:55 pm Reply with quote

I think they should take time and play mw2, they might learn something
matthew_m_g
Kudos: 18

PostPosted: 23 Jul 09 9:13 pm Reply with quote

I wouldn't be shocked to learn this is actually the last of Killzone 2 DLC. The game, like other Sony exclusives, hasn't sold all that well.

Mind you, I'm not knocking the game--the game was a very good FPS (especially after they patched the floaty controls), but it's sharing the same fate as other (fairly) new IPs on the PS3.

Perhaps if Sony were to lower the pr--naaahhhhh, that wouldn't work, would it? Twisted Evil
voodoo341

PostPosted: 23 Jul 09 9:34 pm Reply with quote

matthew_m_g wrote:
I wouldn't be shocked to learn this is actually the last of Killzone 2 DLC. The game, like other Sony exclusives, hasn't sold all that well.

Mind you, I'm not knocking the game--the game was a very good FPS (especially after they patched the floaty controls), but it's sharing the same fate as other (fairly) new IPs on the PS3.

Perhaps if Sony were to lower the pr--naaahhhhh, that wouldn't work, would it? Twisted Evil

How many units has it sold?
RandyChimp
Kudos: 14

PostPosted: 23 Jul 09 9:34 pm Reply with quote

Yeah, go and work on Killzone 3, the end of 2 was awesome.
irishgamer82
Kudos: 4

PostPosted: 23 Jul 09 10:39 pm Reply with quote

the ps3 sold 23 million the 360 sold 30 million but 9.6 million of them 360's are on the scrap yard floor.thanks to RROD but since the last xbox update it's now called error 74.LOL
i-am-from-space
Kudos: 23

PostPosted: 23 Jul 09 10:48 pm Reply with quote

i thought i had the rrod, but my cable wasnt plugged in properly, phew.

yes, putting in some vehicles would be fun. or being able to control the air bot
samoset
Kudos: 19

PostPosted: 24 Jul 09 1:56 am Reply with quote

KZ has sold around 3 million worldwide
360_Fan
Kudos: 23

PostPosted: 24 Jul 09 4:12 am Reply with quote

Not talking from a fanboys point of view here, but if the developer of the biggest most hyped game on my console of choice came out after less than a year and said they were dumping support when it has become the accepted standard to support these types of games, I would be pissed.
voodoo341

PostPosted: 24 Jul 09 7:35 am Reply with quote

360_Fan wrote:
Not talking from a fanboys point of view here, but if the developer of the biggest most hyped game on my console of choice came out after less than a year and said they were dumping support when it has become the accepted standard to support these types of games, I would be pissed.

Where did they say they were dumping support?
starsail
Kudos: 15

PostPosted: 24 Jul 09 8:04 am Reply with quote

They said they're taking a step back from KZ 2 (truely awesome game I may add that owns any Xboc 360 FPS exclusive, unless you dig Halo 3).

This doesnt mean they've given up the ghost. I'd susspect, now that the foundation for the KZ 2 game engine has been laid down, if they work on a sequel it won't cost as much, there wont be as many staff needed, there'd be spare time to add more ideas and it would probably sell bucketloads more compared to the seconds impresssive impact on PS3.
ingy
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 24 Jul 09 8:20 am Reply with quote

nash121 wrote:
you clearly haven't played it, move on freak!

I wouldn't know if he is a 'freak' or not,
but he is expressing an opinion.

I consider myself reasonably experienced at gaming, having been one longer than most of you have been on this planet, and i feel that this game is overrated.

Looks wise it is a bit bland, levels are a bit empty and controls are a bit naff, a good game, just nothing special, let's be honest it's not doing anything the 360 couldn't, so calm down everyone.

How many of you with both consoles, still regularly play this game?
KMakawa

PostPosted: 24 Jul 09 8:43 am Reply with quote

I'm with ingy on this one, however not the age factor (don't be ageist ingy! Razz), I'm more of my job is in the games industry, and I see s**t as I see it, (I'm a Games Tester among other things, for about 2 game company's in UK), And I feel this game is overrated and hyped up somewhat, and in a sense it hasnt changed since its playstation 2 days.

And at the guy calling someone a freak, don't call people things when you clearly do not know them, They are merely shedding opinions, in which i believe is a free thing we can do?, No?

Just people you don't like what people say, doesn't give you the right to go all insults on them.
WHERESMYMONKEY
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 24 Jul 09 8:53 am Reply with quote

i have both and i rented it. It was ok, a fun romp but nothing to shout from the rooftops about.

I'll probably pick up a copy when i can find it for under �20. Seeing the amount of 2nd hand copies in my local gameshop, i don't think it's going to be very long.

Did see a bargain in the 2nd hand section of blockbuster the other day though. Mirrors Edge for less than a tenner.
laslowoodbine

PostPosted: 24 Jul 09 9:05 am Reply with quote

Well I'd like to thanks GG for all of their efforts, they have given more than any other developer I can think of in terms of support for this game. Yes like some people say it isn't perfect but to be honest it's perfect in the only way it needed to be at the moment, its graphics and presentation. That's what they aimed for and thats what we got, now that the game engine is place killzone 3 will be where we get a more thoughtful game which pushes for something beyond its perfect graphics. Oh I can't wait (fingers crossed split-sreen lan play)
pishers
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 24 Jul 09 9:29 am Reply with quote

i hope they take their time and dont rush the next game like bungie did with the halo series, MS was quite pushy to get the games out and they possibly werent as good in single player as they could have been.
J1GSAW
Kudos: 21

PostPosted: 24 Jul 09 9:42 am Reply with quote

great game, so much better than halo, the new halo games look terrible, truly last gen looking FPS.
360 showing its age badly while ps3 just hitting its stride with uncharted 2
shellster2
Kudos: 36

PostPosted: 24 Jul 09 9:49 am Reply with quote

samoset wrote:
KZ has sold around 3 million worldwide

source?

vgchartz are showing 1.74M
svd_grasshopper
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 24 Jul 09 10:24 am Reply with quote

new DLC just came out... you'll all be playing MW2 soon. no point wasting time making new DLC that will clash with that.

i hope MW2 is a tad slower/weightier but still zippy. MW1 feels arcadey when you jump back into it. (after playing any other shooter)
starsail

PostPosted: 24 Jul 09 10:31 am Reply with quote

KZ 2 controls are beefy, they're not COD wanabes. Stop slating the controls.

It may be short (most FPS are) but not as short as the Xboxs premier Matser Chiefs last outing, hell, I cleared the first level and it was over!

Yes it has outstanding graphics but this shouldn't be turned into a negative, Halo 3 looks like a slightly shinier Halo 1.

Killzone 2 is a great game, while along the generic lines of Gears of War and Halo, I feel its one of the best out of that bunch. Roll on the trequel!
samoset
Kudos: 19

PostPosted: 24 Jul 09 10:52 am Reply with quote

Great support from GG on Killzone2, quick updates and dlc, only a matter of time before they would turn their attention towards Killzone3.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: