Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
FIFA 11: "We'd be idiots not to do more online" | PES 2010: New screenshots | Develop: Home boss explains why Europe's behind | Bill Gates: Natal for Windows too | Alan Wake: No PC version at launch | Develop: Realtime was 'keen' to do Crackdown 2 | Professor Layton 2 dated | FIFA 10: New Wii, PC, PSP screens | PSN App store confirmed | Killzone 3 not waiting for PS4 | MS: "Exciting unannounced project" for Comic-Con | This week on Xbox Live | New Serious Sam HD shots | FIFA 10 gets October date | Modern Warfare 2 night vision pack: $150? | Valkyria Chronicles sequel heads to PSP | Damage update for GT5 Prologue cancelled | Wolfenstein delayed | New Need for Speed: Shift screens | Take-Two will dominate fiscal 2010 | Prototype to top Infamous by "90%" | Gearbox is/was Duke Begins dev | God of War novel detailed, new GoW III shot | Midway Newcastle closed | Kane & Lynch 2 spotted
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Mothership Zeta - first screens
View previous topic - View next topic  
monty_79
Kudos: 20

PostPosted: 14 Jul 09 4:02 pm Reply with quote

Jesus, how much money are they planning to milk from this game?
bennyboi1979
Kudos: 19

PostPosted: 14 Jul 09 4:14 pm Reply with quote

As i have previously said the bad develpment team have destroyed this game with cocked up DLC!!
Skyly
Kudos: 24

PostPosted: 14 Jul 09 4:18 pm Reply with quote

Shhh, heretics!

You don't like it, don't buy it. or stick to 'Broken Steel' at least.

Me? I'm looking forward to the last of the DLC - new alien weapons & armour FTW!
ensabahnur
Kudos: 36

PostPosted: 14 Jul 09 4:36 pm Reply with quote

man i haven't even finished Broken Steel or even started the Pitt, never mind downloaded Point Lookout yet. they should take a leaf out of Rockstar's book and space them apart more. ok your probably getting more from a Rockstar DLC but jesus give us some time, we do have other games to play as well. still maybe this time i'll get to take advantage of any MS offers of 50% off DLC if i wait till later.
pishers
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 14 Jul 09 4:46 pm Reply with quote

bennyboi1979 wrote:
As i have previously said the bad develpment team have destroyed this game with cocked up DLC!!

have you experienced the problems first hand on the 360 or PC or is that just jibba jabba from a ps3 fanboy? i thought most of the problems were due to xbox live and games for windows live. i have most of the dlc and yet to experience any issues with it.
monty_79

PostPosted: 14 Jul 09 4:51 pm Reply with quote

Is this like, the 5th one? It feels like every coulple of days there is some DLC announced for this game.

I suppose at least you get a good few hours out of it. Unlike Street Fighter 4s new costumes. That is the biggest rip off in DLC going. Oh, apart from the horse armour of course...
gothchild
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 14 Jul 09 5:41 pm Reply with quote

I can't believe people are bitching about this. Bethesda have been amazing with their DLC. First two sound a bit meh, but BS and PL were both fantastic.
I really cannot wait for this, and have been eagerly awaiting news on cvg about this ever since I finished Point Lookout. I love the diversity and strange places the DLC is taking us, and while this has a hard act to follow in Point Lookout, I'm very, very excited.
Loz01
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: 14 Jul 09 6:01 pm Reply with quote

At least Bethesda is releasing interesting DLC. I personally love Fallout 3 and am more than happy to pay for the sort of extra content they have been producing.

The way I see it, The Pitt, BS and PL were all worth a lot more than a map pack.
djjimmy
Kudos: 19

PostPosted: 14 Jul 09 7:18 pm Reply with quote

Personally I think Fallout 3 is the best RPG I've played for a few years at least. It's just so expansive and fun to play. Admittedly, when first released it wasn't on top of my must buy list but I saw it cheap less than a month after release and couldn't resist, and I'm so glad I didn't. I've spent so much time in the wastelands already and as long as more DLC is released that allows me to prolong my enjoyment of this genius game, I'll be happy to pay for it.

So looking forward to this but first I have to stop getting distracted as I make my way to the boat to Point Lookout xD

P.S. coming from a purely PC gamer who, like the rest of the PC community, is used to simply downloading free mods, saying this game is worth paying an extra �6.80 per DLC pack means alot Razz lol.
Shabozi
Kudos: 15

PostPosted: 14 Jul 09 8:11 pm Reply with quote

Wow people really do moan about anything...

It is really simple kids, if you don't want the DLC then don't buy it.

I really don't get what the problem is?

Personally I think Fallout 3 is one of the best games I have ever played. The first couple of DLC's didn't exactly push the boat, but point lookout is simply amazing, and excuse the pun, did actually push a boat out Smile

Again kudos to Bethesda for making such polished and well conceived DLC that adds real value to the game.
The_KFD_Case
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 15 Jul 09 9:05 am Reply with quote

I like the concept. At first it may seem misplaced but I think the alien spaceship setting holds genuine potential. Too bad I won't be getting it. After finishing FO3 I uninstalled it and there is no way I'm bringing myself to play through that game again any time soon, if ever. I was very excited leading up to the game, I don't regret playing it and it's not a bad game per se. However, it never did "click" for me the same way the two original games did storywise. IMO, FO3 was simply too open-ended and I prefer BioWare's heavily story crafted RPG/action games. Still, Bethie does have a place in my gamer's heart. Smile
Animebaz
Kudos: 1

PostPosted: 15 Jul 09 9:29 am Reply with quote

Adding aliens into Fallout 3? Awesome!

It's probably going to be the last dlc though seeing as the Game of the Year edition is coming out in september/october time. It's gonna have all five dlc's on it. I never got any of the dlc's so I might trade in my fallout 3 early and get the GOTY Edition when that comes out.
smegpot
Kudos: 7

PostPosted: 15 Jul 09 10:11 am Reply with quote

Fallout 3 is one of the best games this gen.Bethesda are supporting the game exceptionally,kudos to them.

Stop crying ps3 owners,you only have 2 months to wait for the dlc.
DeFantom
Kudos: 12

PostPosted: 15 Jul 09 10:19 am Reply with quote

Top banana. This is exactly what DLC is for - extending your time with a game you love. Don't really like the game? Don't buy it.
Given that Fallout 3 was such a bargin (for time spent playing) I really don't mind coughing up for new stuff.
Bring on Vegas.
casperthedog

PostPosted: 15 Jul 09 11:42 am Reply with quote

I have brought every DLC they have made so far, and i certainly do not feel disipointed or feel cheated. All have to me been great and worth it. Fallout 3 is easily one of my favorite games of this gen and likly ever, as i never pumped in as many hours into a game for many years despite much reduced time available to play games. Looking forward to this and future Fallout games.
will7476
Kudos: 21

PostPosted: 15 Jul 09 12:40 pm Reply with quote

@bennyboi. Do shut up. Fallout 3 is a towering achievement, and possibly the best game ever made. The DLC had a few issues, but they were sorted.

If you can do any better then you are allowed such comments. If not, then you should pop on over to another forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: