Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
Game & Watch games come to DSiWare | Konami unveils Wii horror | Vitality Sensor can be the next Balance Board | Xbox Live: This week's content | XBLA summer line-up dated | BioShock 2's fourth developer revealed... | Exclusive Ion Assault videos | Warriors Orochi 2 PSP dated | Need for Speed: Nitro screens | New Killzone 2 maps revealed | Supercar Challenge gameplay videos | Alan Wake PC "up in the air" | Mass Effect 2 gameplay - lots of it | The Call Of Duty name is back | Uncharted 2: Intro video details story | PSN Update: Battlefield swoops in | Rock Band PSP update | FIFA Manager 10 scores online mode | Nobilis shows off sweet 2D quest for PSN | Nintendo downloads - Hanabi week 2 | Guitar Hero 5: Partial tracklist released | Forza 3: "No weather, night racing or rally" | Tekken 6 media EXPLOSION | UFC 2009: No one likes a quitter | Command & Conquer 4 is official
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Command & Conquer 4 is official
View previous topic - View next topic  
Adzyboy
Kudos: 23

PostPosted: 9 Jul 09 2:25 pm Reply with quote

Still can't get over the fact they're ending the Tiberium saga. I know it has to end.. but come on.

Actually, thinking about it. Aslong as this is the last Command and Conquer I'll be happy, if C&C carries on with Generals-style games, then the series will be dragging on at that point.
Sniper_Fox
Kudos: 2

PostPosted: 9 Jul 09 2:28 pm Reply with quote

It's only a matter of time before this is announced for PS3 and 360. I can't really get excited about these C&C games anymore, I loved Tiberiun Sun and Red Alert 2, but after that things got stale. I bought Tiberium wars on 360 but the spark was gone out of the series, and no matter how many camp b list celebs they get in to do the acting I don't think it's enough anymore. The game needs to be reinvented. And that's not going to happen with this, the last chapter of the Tiberium war games.
dremorack
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 9 Jul 09 2:32 pm Reply with quote

Still would prefer Generals 2. This won't be the last C&C by any stretch of the imagination. But please leave out the Scrin this time, that faction RUINED C&C3. Just beef up GDI and NOD please.
Giant_Crab
Kudos: 13

PostPosted: 9 Jul 09 2:33 pm Reply with quote

This is genuinely ace news. Shame to see it all end though...
CrispyLog
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 9 Jul 09 2:43 pm Reply with quote

Can't believe CnC is coming to an end, it's like Westwood dying all over again. No more Kane!
Sounds like it's going out with a bang though so that's good. Wonder if Red Alert only has one more game left too?
themadjock
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 9 Jul 09 4:48 pm Reply with quote

I thought the Scrin were a good addition to CC3. They can always start a new IP with the same qulity RTS interface.

Spent a long time on CC3 multiplayer but didn't really get into Red alert 3 multiplayer I think because the graphics and story where just too wierd and my PC is an alienware from 2006 not too hot anymore....
feeg86
Kudos: 20

PostPosted: 9 Jul 09 5:36 pm Reply with quote

The games after Red Alert 2 (which itself was questionable at times) were garbage.

Things got too rediculous, tacky as fook and all round stale.
feeg86
Kudos: 20

PostPosted: 9 Jul 09 5:37 pm Reply with quote

The games after Red Alert 2 (which itself was questionable at times) were garbage.

Things got too rediculous, tacky as fook and all round stale.
bchaos1976
Kudos: 24

PostPosted: 10 Jul 09 12:57 am Reply with quote

The recent C&Cs were utter dogshit, so good riddence.
ding333
Kudos: 18

PostPosted: 10 Jul 09 6:30 am Reply with quote

I thought the scrin were quite good. They gave teh game something different and allowed for a different play style. Those who just wanted the original should just stick with the original.
Adzyboy
Kudos: 23

PostPosted: 10 Jul 09 9:29 am Reply with quote

The Scrin had to be there tho. They added to the whole story of Command and Conquer. They were built up since Tiberian Sun so they had to be shown eventually.
CVG Gav
CVG Staff

PostPosted: 10 Jul 09 12:01 pm Reply with quote

First screen added to story. Whadayathink?
Locohoco
Kudos: 19

PostPosted: 10 Jul 09 12:21 pm Reply with quote

Looks a bit...bland.
minignaz
Kudos: 36

PostPosted: 10 Jul 09 1:14 pm Reply with quote

I'll wait for the trailer and possible demo before making my mind up.
I have always enjoyed the C&C series, but the Red Alert ones are a bit poo at times (cheesier videos).
If this is the last, then fair enough, it's gone on for a long time and has been milked a bit, lets just hope they give it a good send off.
CrispyLog
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 10 Jul 09 1:56 pm Reply with quote

Loving the Tib Sun mammoth walkers returning! Looks like a good variety in units in size, shape and movement compared to the original CnC with it's light, medium, heavy, mammoth tanks!
altitude2k
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 10 Jul 09 3:17 pm Reply with quote

What, no console release?! Outrageous! Everyone knows RTS controls are far superior on a gamepad!
The_KFD_Case
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 10 Jul 09 5:41 pm Reply with quote

altitude2k wrote:
What, no console release?! Outrageous! Everyone knows RTS controls are far superior on a gamepad!

Laughing
Paul_Boland2
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 10 Jul 09 9:24 pm Reply with quote

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to play this!!! I love C&C!!! I LOVE KANE!!!!!!! Saddened that this is the end, but so eager to get my hands on this!!! When can I preorder!!!!!!!!!! Smile!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: