Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedSIXTY London firefighters are tackling a large blaze in Dean Street in London's Soho.
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
Game & Watch games come to DSiWare | Konami unveils Wii horror | Vitality Sensor can be the next Balance Board | Xbox Live: This week's content | XBLA summer line-up dated | BioShock 2's fourth developer revealed... | Exclusive Ion Assault videos | Warriors Orochi 2 PSP dated | Need for Speed: Nitro screens | New Killzone 2 maps revealed | Supercar Challenge gameplay videos | Alan Wake PC "up in the air" | Mass Effect 2 gameplay - lots of it | The Call Of Duty name is back | Uncharted 2: Intro video details story | PSN Update: Battlefield swoops in | Rock Band PSP update | FIFA Manager 10 scores online mode | Nobilis shows off sweet 2D quest for PSN | Nintendo downloads - Hanabi week 2 | Guitar Hero 5: Partial tracklist released | Forza 3: "No weather, night racing or rally" | Tekken 6 media EXPLOSION | UFC 2009: No one likes a quitter | Command & Conquer 4 is official
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Alan Wake 'focusing all efforts' on Xbox
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic - View next topic  
StonecoldMC
Kudos: 37

PostPosted: 8 Jul 09 12:08 pm Reply with quote

The Alan Wake forums were close to exploding when I was on the other day, all these rumours of the PC version being cancelled or being released after the 360 version has got the PC Brigade ready to start a riot.

Being a selfish man i dont really care as long as it ships for the 360 in Spring 2010 then thats all I care about Very Happy (sorry PC Gamers Sad )

Should be interesting to see how this one plays out? Although I do have a rough idea Laughing .
Black Mantis
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 8 Jul 09 12:15 pm Reply with quote

StonecoldMC wrote:
The Alan Wake forums were close to exploding when I was on the other day, all these rumours of the PC version being cancelled or being released after the 360 version has got the PC Brigade ready to start a riot.

Being a selfish man i dont really care as long as it ships for the 360 in Spring 2010 then thats all I care about Very Happy (sorry PC Gamers Sad )

Should be interesting to see how this one plays out? Although I do have a rough idea Laughing .

The PC brigade are hilarious when they get pissed though, I've never seen so many links to technical demos! They should have seen it coming though, given MS's release strategy so far this gen.
Sybs
Kudos: 19

PostPosted: 8 Jul 09 12:32 pm Reply with quote

It's a simple enough strategy.
If they were to do a simultaneous release, then thousands of people would download a cracked version for PC rather than possibly bothering to go and buy it for xbox.
StonecoldMC

PostPosted: 8 Jul 09 12:34 pm Reply with quote

Black Mantis wrote:
StonecoldMC wrote:

The PC brigade are hilarious when they get pissed though, I've never seen so many links to technical demos! They should have seen it coming though, given MS's release strategy so far this gen.

Very true. There were many posters on the official forum who were saying that if the 360 version is released first then they wont pay for it when it comes out on PC, they will pirate it instead., they were almost shouting to burn Remedy studio down Very Happy Sad .

Thats not real Gamers to me!
Kudos: 11

PostPosted: 8 Jul 09 12:36 pm Reply with quote

EPIC MS FAIL! Rolling Eyes
altitude2k
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 8 Jul 09 12:38 pm Reply with quote

StonecoldMC wrote:
Black Mantis wrote:
StonecoldMC wrote:

Very true. There were many posters on the official forum who were saying that if the 360 version is released first then they wont pay for it when it comes out on PC, they will pirate it instead., they were almost shouting to burn Remedy studio down Very Happy Sad .

They really are the worst fanboys of them all, PC gamers.

I guess I'd be quite defensive too if I'd spent thousands on a rig to play games that everyone else is playing on a �100-300 console.

"...but the graphics are far superior to any console...", but are they �1000 better? I think not. Enjoy your backache, boys!
Dajmin

PostPosted: 8 Jul 09 1:02 pm Reply with quote

The console/PC war balances out when you take it down to cash though. Replacing an entire system every few years, or a component or two every couple. Not that big a difference in the long run. I was anti-console for years before giving in to that logic Smile

Bottom line is they know where the money is. The console market is thriving and has a massive guaranteed income against the piracy-rife PC market. It's only sensible that they should focus on where the money is. The hardcore PC crowd likes to play the "we don't pirate" card, but if the majority market was that righteous then there'd be no need for things like SecuROM.
gogo65uk
Kudos: 26

PostPosted: 8 Jul 09 1:06 pm Reply with quote

Interest in this game died long ago. it could release straight to bargain bin for a tenner and I still won't get it. As for the whole pc vs console thing owning both consoles and a gaming pc I can't justify the extra costs for pc parts anymore. Pc gaming just doesn't feel right anymore so my �900 pc is strictly an MMO machine now. I play guildwars rarely and runes of magic a bit more than that Laughing
Black Mantis
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 8 Jul 09 1:12 pm Reply with quote

gogo65uk wrote:
Interest in this game died long ago. it could release straight to bargain bin for a tenner and I still won't get it. As for the whole pc vs console thing owning both consoles and a gaming pc I can't justify the extra costs for pc parts anymore. Pc gaming just doesn't feel right anymore so my �900 pc is strictly an MMO machine now. I play guildwars rarely and runes of magic a bit more than that Laughing

You might want to rephrase that to your interest. A significant majority are hyped for this game, as evidenced by the furore by PC gamers over this latest news.
StonecoldMC

PostPosted: 8 Jul 09 1:39 pm Reply with quote

gogo65uk wrote:

Heresy! Burn the witch!!! Wink

Interest in the Game died a long time ago for you.

This is actually my most anticipated title on any platform Very Happy !

Last edited by StonecoldMC on 8 Jul 09 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
gogo65uk
Kudos: 26

PostPosted: 8 Jul 09 1:39 pm Reply with quote

Okay "my" interest died in this game long ago. Laughing my bad Laughing
duncanskuse
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 8 Jul 09 1:55 pm Reply with quote

altitude2k wrote:
StonecoldMC wrote:
Black Mantis wrote:
StonecoldMC wrote:

I guess I'd be quite defensive too if I'd spent thousands on a rig to play games that everyone else is playing on a �100-300 console.

"...but the graphics are far superior to any console...", but are they �1000 better? I think not. Enjoy your backache, boys!

Spending thousands on a rig really isn't necessary these days, I spent ~�500 on mine and I can play all my games at 1080p comfortably. I spent the same on my PS3 a few years back and that doesn't do that. And backache? I sit on a chair, not a log.
pishers

PostPosted: 8 Jul 09 2:48 pm Reply with quote

altitude2k wrote:

the funny thing is, i sit in the same chair to play my 360 as i do PC and i often come away with no back ache at all. why do PC's cause back ache?

my PC cost the same as the launch price of the PS3 and i got it 2 years ago and its still going strong. it might need a new graphics card in the next 12 months but i managed to nearly double the speed of my cpu by overclocking so i wont need anything else for a while. cant do that with a console.
AJB123644
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 8 Jul 09 2:55 pm Reply with quote

Great the good old console PC Gamer flame war.

Honestly guys we might get a little touchy sometimes but the majority of us are not that bad.

I get a PC due to the logic of cheaper games. In theory worked out over the 2 year life cycle of a pc and the cheaper cost of games it probably works out a lot cheaper than buying the same amount of games I have plus a console, plus a tv etc etc.

Anyway Alan Wake doesn't interest me either. End of the day everytime we hear about it the damn thing slips away again.
Together we are strong and United we will stand. As PC Gamers come together United we shall be Victorious!
minimalistic
Kudos: 12

PostPosted: 8 Jul 09 3:02 pm Reply with quote

I use my PC only for things i can't play or do on consoles. Even if released simultaneously on both platforms i'd rather play it on 360.
The Sandbag
Kudos: 23

PostPosted: 8 Jul 09 3:54 pm Reply with quote

this game looks amazing, and is one of my must haves, next to mass effect 2, modern warfare 2 and odst (not holding out to get that one on release, same with MW2)
altitude2k

PostPosted: 8 Jul 09 4:05 pm Reply with quote

FFS it was only a little bit of friendly banter! You people need to calm down a little bit, and realise some of us aren't always out to slag any particular group off.
pishers

PostPosted: 8 Jul 09 4:33 pm Reply with quote

altitude2k wrote:
FFS it was only a little bit of friendly banter! You people need to calm down a little bit, and realise some of us aren't always out to slag any particular group off.

that might be the case but the trouble with text is its hard to read a person intentions, i have seen emails at work where it seems like the perosn is having a go but its just the way it was worded. also, with so many people on the wind up on this site its hard to filter the wheat from the chaff.
ted1138
Kudos: 34

PostPosted: 8 Jul 09 5:15 pm Reply with quote

altitude2k wrote:
StonecoldMC wrote:
Black Mantis wrote:
StonecoldMC wrote:

I think sometimes they only spend that much on their PCs so they can play free games. As for are the graphics that much better? No their not, I've played games on both 360 and PC(at full settings) and have to say that while they are better, their not that much better, not so you'd want to pay for it anyway.

But I'm starting to see a trend developing, where publishers want to put as much space between the console verions and the PC as possible, guess they must want those who own both to buy it for their console rather than pirate it.
sas0875
Kudos: 24

PostPosted: 9 Jul 09 1:09 am Reply with quote

This game looks incredible - PC is dying fast.
Zedfragg
Kudos: 18

PostPosted: 9 Jul 09 2:30 am Reply with quote

lol

What is so amusing is the "Console Fanboys" started off this PC vs Console thing yet they say PC fanboys are the worst of all? HA!

I'm no fanboy of anything... However, I play PC games when the game is exclusive to PC or a single player game that I find easier with a mouse (Company of Heroes or...well...Flight Simulator X thats about it really)

And I use consoles for multiplayer.

On topic.

I've been waiting for Alan Wake for so damn long that I actually couldn't care if it was released on 360 or PC first... Couldn't actually care if it was released really. I do believe developers should delay games if the game has bugs/problems etc however I also believe that Developers should stand up to publishers and say no to X deadline rather than delay it every 6 months for bloody years.

This game could be Duke Nukem Forever in a few more years Razz

Still...I hope it is released for all you guys that have been waiting and I do hope it is a good game.
blind_fools
Kudos: 15

PostPosted: 9 Jul 09 8:31 am Reply with quote

their pathetic remedy.
first they take 4 years to release a decent ammount of info on the game.
than 4 years after announcement they say woops we took to big of a bite mayb now we shouldent of mentioned it for pc.
if this isent out on pc by the time the 360 version is i couldent care less about this its dead to me.
im sick to death of pc gamers getting the finger.
first we get screwed with crappy ports of games like gears of war fear 2 and so on.
than we get shoved with a 6 month delay from console releases like DMC4 and red faction gurilla and the pc copies are almost exactly the same.
if your going to delay the PC copy 6 months after the console release MAKE IT BETTER or release it the same time.
and now we loose what were pc exclusives like doom4 is now comming to 360, duke nukem if that ever sees the light of day thats also comming to 360, half life 2 epp3 is comming to 360, crysis 2 is comming to consoles.
the only pc exclusive we have left in dev is diablo 3.
AJB123644
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 9 Jul 09 9:28 am Reply with quote

pishers wrote:
altitude2k wrote:

that might be the case but the trouble with text is its hard to read a person intentions, i have seen emails at work where it seems like the perosn is having a go but its just the way it was worded. also, with so many people on the wind up on this site its hard to filter the wheat from the chaff.

Pishers does have a point here. I think with so many flame wars etc going on in these comments sections it is easy to mistake these kind of things. End of the day we are all gamers and we should really all be getting along. After all if we start fighting between one another this will not benefit the gaming community one bit.
Together we are strong and United we will stand. As PC Gamers come together United we shall be Victorious!
The_KFD_Case
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 10 Jul 09 11:02 am Reply with quote

altitude2k wrote:
StonecoldMC wrote:
Black Mantis wrote:
StonecoldMC wrote:

Like the Remedy spokeperson I'm a PC gamer at heart. I like my Xbox 360 and it gives me the option to buy AW upon release or wait for the PC version later on (if there is not a simultaneous release, that is). I personally find that while many fanboys are obnoxious the SDF dweebs take the cake. At least the PC fanboys can state unequivocally that they do have access to the very best hardware and tech despite the cries of the PS3 fanboys and their precious Cell. Laughing

I think I would prefer the PC controls immensely for this game. I'm concerned about which anti-piracy features MS would go with, and the fact that they have so far refused to let it run on XP despite the Xbox 360 only supporting DX9.0 (which XP runs,) I was, and still am, on the fence about whether I will buy this game at all despite finding the concept of the game extremely appealing.
The_KFD_Case
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 10 Jul 09 12:40 pm Reply with quote

Dajmin wrote:
The console/PC war balances out when you take it down to cash though. Replacing an entire system every few years, or a component or two every couple. Not that big a difference in the long run. I was anti-console for years before giving in to that logic Smile

Bottom line is they know where the money is. The console market is thriving and has a massive guaranteed income against the piracy-rife PC market. It's only sensible that they should focus on where the money is. The hardcore PC crowd likes to play the "we don't pirate" card, but if the majority market was that righteous then there'd be no need for things like SecuROM.

There is no need for SecuROM. Not because there isn't piracy on the PC, but because SecuROM has completely failed at being effective in the fight against piracy. Find other means or go to hell; personally I'd rather see the entire games industry burn to the waterline and sink than accept the SecuROM approach.

While we are on the topic of piracy, the PS3 aside, both the Wii and the Xbox 360 have their share of pirates. I suspect one of the things that may irk some publishers/developers is that the PC offers the end user a lot more freedom and makes it much harder for the companies to control the customers. May it always be thus.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: