Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedKingdom Under Fire II first Xbox 360 shots - http://bit.ly/92ToJ
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
Tretton: PS3 is best "value for the money" | Massive MAG gameplay video | Peggle gets World of Warcraft levels | Dragon Age pre-launch demo "not likely" | Kingdom Under Fire II first Xbox 360 shots | Battlefield 1943 launch trailer | Sony: PSN no longer playing catch-up with XBL | Fighting Fantasy book gets DS re-release | PES 2010 Wii gets autumn release | Google unveils Chrome operating system | Fight Night 4 gets free DLC | Alan Wake 'focusing all efforts' on Xbox | BioWare: Sex scenes "make sense" | First glimpse of Halo: Reach? | Sony: Activision boss "likes to make a lot of noise" | ODST's Halo 3 maps revealed | Christmas Carol becomes a game | New LittleBigPlanet contest | Rock Band 2 Wii gets Green Day, Kasabian | New Assassin's Creed II footage | Sony: No plans for an NXE-like overhaul | Square Enix Europe formed | SimAnimals head to Africa | Ubisoft enters Ontario | New Old Republic movie
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
New Assassin's Creed II footage
View previous topic - View next topic  
bigste26
Kudos: 3

PostPosted: 7 Jul 09 5:34 pm Reply with quote

finished Assassin's Creed 1 last night briliant game can't wayt for Assassin's Creed II
KMakawa
Kudos: 21

PostPosted: 7 Jul 09 5:44 pm Reply with quote

Very, Very nice.
biting_monkey
Kudos: 21

PostPosted: 7 Jul 09 6:03 pm Reply with quote

Where's Jade Raymond?
ingy
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 8 Jul 09 8:56 am Reply with quote

First game was overly criticised in my opinion, i still have fond memories of climbing the high spots to scan the surrounding area, brilliant.

Comments of 'repetitive' are a little unfair when all games could be considered repetitive when you break them down into their core components.

It still looks fantastic, and it tried to do things a little different, isn't this what were looking for in games these days?
deep_purple
Kudos: 7

PostPosted: 8 Jul 09 12:28 pm Reply with quote

I'll have to disagree with you ingy, while I do agree the game had a unique concept etc., I really do feel that they failed to expand on the whole exploration concept by providing a very linear mission structure to ALL levels. I recently re-purchased Assasins Creed and after the first two cities the whole climbing to scan, eavesdropping (just sitting on a bench and holding the trigger button), pickpocketing (following someone and holding a button), interrogation (following someone and beating the crap out of them) and the informer missions feel to linear and REPETITIVE. It felt like they have been included as the developers couldn't come up with any other ideas to make the core concept more interesting. The developers have stressed that the 2nd game will include more variety, let's hope they stick to that.
minignaz
Kudos: 36

PostPosted: 8 Jul 09 1:21 pm Reply with quote

I always feel I gave up on the first game too early, never got very far, and bought it along with a few other games at the same time. I might pick it back up again just the second one comes out.

The graphics were nice, but I did find the controls just a little fiddly, I suppose they just take a little getting used to.
WiiFuelee
Kudos: 24

PostPosted: 8 Jul 09 1:22 pm Reply with quote

biting_monkey wrote:
Where's Jade Raymond?

Maybe she isnt as involved with AC2 as she was with the first one, could be why AC2 is looking a lot better than the first game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: