Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedAlien Breed remake - shots: http://bit.ly/pJQZK
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
Sony: "Hopefully last year is as bad as it gets" | Suda 51 wants in on Smash Bros | Alien Breed remake revealed - pics | 360 Dashboard update pics leak | New MechWarrior revealed | Dragon Age: Three movies | Command & Conquer 4 announced (oops) | Modern Warfare 2 delays Singularity | Left 4 Dead does Ashes cricket | WipEout HD 'Fury' expansion in final testing | Battlefield launch swamped in lag | Dragon Age DLC in development | ZeniMax raised $105 million for id acquisition | Tretton: PS3 is best "value for the money" | Massive MAG gameplay video | Peggle gets World of Warcraft levels | Dragon Age pre-launch demo "not likely" | Kingdom Under Fire II first Xbox 360 shots | Battlefield 1943 launch trailer | Sony: PSN no longer playing catch-up with XBL | Fighting Fantasy book gets DS re-release | PES 2010 Wii gets autumn release | Google unveils Chrome operating system | Fight Night 4 gets free DLC | Alan Wake 'focusing all efforts' on Xbox
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Polyphony: Getting GT on PSP was a struggle
View previous topic - View next topic  
bennyboi1979
Kudos: 18

PostPosted: 7 Jul 09 11:19 am Reply with quote

cant wait!! i will be picking up the PSP Go and downloading this on day one.
Mark240473
Kudos: 36

PostPosted: 7 Jul 09 11:36 am Reply with quote

Looks like they have done a cracking job of the PSP version, even if there are only 4 cars in the races. I suppose the number of cars was the major concession.

I am slightly disappointed about the fact that you can't upgrade car parts, such as engines and exhausts.

Mind you, more disappointing than that was OPM's 'FULL' story of GT5 in this months mag. What a con - just a couple of paragraphs covering details that we already knew about. They should be ashamed - and any more stunts like that and they can kiss my subscription goodbye.
blueblade
Kudos: 16

PostPosted: 7 Jul 09 12:42 pm Reply with quote

I haven't bought official games magazines since i was about 11 (long time ago) and even then i would get the demo and toss the rag. Shame on you for feeding the leeches
speedmarque
Kudos: 5

PostPosted: 7 Jul 09 12:54 pm Reply with quote

Did you know that OPM gave driver 3 a decent score to get the first exclusive review. I spent £30 on that game on their recomendation,never bought the mag after finding that out, and never want to again. Not getting the psp go or a watered down GT,im getting GT5.
Mmmmgrolsch
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: 7 Jul 09 1:10 pm Reply with quote

OPM sucks, why spend money on there mag when you can get unbiased opinions from the likes of PSM3, Play, and PSW. And if something is s**t they tell you straight. Although PSM3 can be abit harsh on reviews at times but that's what you want.
DS CP = GTA Chinatown Wars
Wii Number = 8418 8035 4631 6687
CP- Super mario Galaxy
Mark240473
Kudos: 36

PostPosted: 7 Jul 09 1:27 pm Reply with quote

I know what you're saying, guys, but a free knitted Sackboy and a copy of MIB on Blu-ray was too good of an offer to miss.

Sad? Oh yes. Laughing
yetiC
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 7 Jul 09 2:24 pm Reply with quote

And this is news?? - KY said this at E3 - which is over a month ago... christ - I wish I worked at C&VG - paid to regurgitate other peoples news - then again - that must be pretty boring...

At least this article isn't flamebait like 90% of "news" here.

C.
English Shmuppet
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 7 Jul 09 3:17 pm Reply with quote

Looking forwards to trying this on my flatmate's PSP - could well be the game the PSP platform needs. Smile

However, as regards the "difficult to program" bit....just can't help wondering why Sony do it to themselves - i.e. making their platforms cryptically hard to develop for. Shooting themselves in the foot with a friggin' bazooka!
cjw101
Kudos: 42

PostPosted: 7 Jul 09 6:17 pm Reply with quote

Confused Isn't the PSP meant to be roughly similar in power to a PS2? They managed to create GT games on the PS2 and the PS1 before it FFS...
speedmarque
Kudos: 5

PostPosted: 7 Jul 09 6:24 pm Reply with quote

The official Sony line is that the PS3 is hard to code for because you can get much more from the highly customized hardware. The Xbox 360 is more of a PC in a box with relatively common components. In terms of cross platform ease and profitability, I would have to say that Microsoft hold the high ground here. In teams of the ultimate gaming experience possible at the moment the PS3 has it, but relying on a few good exclusives to show that system off is not good enough, and is, i think, the reason the PS3 is struggling.
voodoo341
Kudos: 38

PostPosted: 7 Jul 09 6:59 pm Reply with quote

cjw101 wrote:
Confused Isn't the PSP meant to be roughly similar in power to a PS2?

Simple answer, no.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: