Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedGoogle unveils Chrome Operating System: http://bit.ly/13ZqhC
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
Fighting Fantasy book gets DS re-release | PES 2010 Wii gets autumn release | Google unveils Chrome operating system | Fight Night 4 gets free DLC | Alan Wake 'focusing all efforts' on Xbox | BioWare: Sex scenes "make sense" | First glimpse of Halo: Reach? | Sony: Activision boss "likes to make a lot of noise" | ODST's Halo 3 maps revealed | Christmas Carol becomes a game | New LittleBigPlanet contest | Rock Band 2 Wii gets Green Day, Kasabian | New Assassin's Creed II footage | Sony: No plans for an NXE-like overhaul | Square Enix Europe formed | SimAnimals head to Africa | Ubisoft enters Ontario | New Old Republic movie | Japanese game market slumps 25% | Wii Sports Resort held up for MotionPlus | Video: Bayonetta's special effects | Football Manager Live updated | PES 2010 to drop online IDs | No Syphon Filter 5 after all | Polyphony: Getting GT on PSP was a struggle
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Operation Flashpoint: New trailer
View previous topic - View next topic  
samoset
Kudos: 19

PostPosted: 6 Jul 09 2:58 pm Reply with quote

Infinity Ward are you watching! This is looking like it's gonna own.
The_KFD_Case
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 6 Jul 09 3:00 pm Reply with quote

That looks sweet! Between the videos of Dragon Rising and Arma II, this one leaves me with a better feeling. It just seems...more fine polished. Since I haven't played either one at this point that's a subjective call, yet my inclination to spend money leans heavily towards Dragon Rising. Please let it be good (and free of game cripling bugs).

Last edited by The_KFD_Case on 6 Jul 09 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jensonjet

PostPosted: 6 Jul 09 3:04 pm Reply with quote

I want this game... now! I can't bare the waiting. Any ideas of exactly when this is to be released? The Game website suggest August. The video suggests later in the year. In the next week or two would be better!!

Although the video runs poorly (at least it's working, for a CVG clip), the game looks like it'll be pretty atmospheric. I love the sounds, the whizzing bullets, the breathing, the foliage, etc. I'd really like to see a video of the 360 version.
Speciala

PostPosted: 6 Jul 09 3:05 pm Reply with quote

looks nice. I need to play it before I make up my mind though. the proof is in the pudding, as they say
AJB123644
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 6 Jul 09 3:12 pm Reply with quote

The_KFD_Case wrote:
That looks sweet! Between the videos of Dragon Rising and Arma II, this one leaves me with a better feeling. It just seems...more fine polished. Since I haven't played either one at this point that's a subjective call, yet my inclination to spend money leans heavily towards Dragon Rising. Please let it be good (and free of game crippling bugs).

Although Arma2 looks good (still haven't managed to play it due to no fixed pc!!) I think from videos this definately looks more polished. The animations look less clunky too which is always nice.

To be fair though I suspect putting them side by side each will counter one another's weaknesses by the other strengths. Well least we can hope!
Together we are strong and United we will stand. As PC Gamers come together United we shall be Victorious!
pp82
Kudos: 17

PostPosted: 6 Jul 09 5:21 pm Reply with quote

I remember playing the first one for hours at a time Glad to hear they still going to have the mission editor as I use to love to making missions with a silly amount of A.I on then try and sneek around them all to a checkpoint on the other side of the map.
JoWoo
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 6 Jul 09 10:04 pm Reply with quote

I've played ArmA 2, and while it is brilliantly atmospheric, it is also buggy and pretty cumbersome on anything but the most powerful of systems. If Flashpoint 2 can do everything ArmA 2 does, but with some extra spit and polish, it might just nab Bohemia Interactive's military sim crown.

Then again, ArmA 2 will have been heavily patched by the time OpFlash 2 comes out (if one thing BI are good at, its community support) so it could be still be a close call.

One thing that worries me about OpFlash 2 though is that we still haven't seen any elongated in-game footage. We get little bits here and there, but even this video didn't have that much substance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: