Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedNew Assassin's Creed II footage - http://bit.ly/NZjv9
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
Rock Band 2 Wii gets Green Day, Kasabian | New Assassin's Creed II footage | Sony: No plans for an NXE-like overhaul | Square Enix Europe formed | SimAnimals head to Africa | Ubisoft enters Ontario | New Old Republic movie | Japanese game market slumps 25% | Wii Sports Resort held up for MotionPlus | Video: Bayonetta's special effects | Football Manager Live updated | PES 2010 to drop online IDs | No Syphon Filter 5 after all | Polyphony: Getting GT on PSP was a struggle | Mario Galaxy in HD - The video | Monkey Island XBLA, PC next week | 16 minutes of Brutal Legend | Infinite Space DS - full anime in English | FIFA Manager 10 movie | Prototype and Infamous in drag queen face-off | LucasArts: Steam deal is "just a start" | LucasArts "old school" reveal is? | Dirt 2 PC delayed for DirectX 11 support | Fight Night Round 4 retains title | Marvel vs. Capcom 2 videos
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
MGS4, Killzone 2 free in new bundle
View previous topic - View next topic  
nedles
Kudos: 1

PostPosted: 6 Jul 09 11:33 am Reply with quote

It sounds like they're getting ready for a PS3 slim launch to me.
About time too.
wildhook2
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 6 Jul 09 11:36 am Reply with quote

Mr CVG quoted
Quote:
Could they be shifting stock ahead of the rumoured release of the PS3 Slim? We wonder...

Yeah probably.

I still have 60gb PS3 but will definitely buy PS3 Slim.
casperthedog
Kudos: 19

PostPosted: 6 Jul 09 11:51 am Reply with quote

Wow, thanks for the link to the Infamous/LBP bundle, never saw it before. Got my final payment for a short-term job before made redundant, so i may look to buy this soon.
smiles69
Kudos: 23

PostPosted: 6 Jul 09 11:59 am Reply with quote

nedles wrote:
It sounds like they're getting ready for a PS3 slim launch to me.
About time too.

To right,i'm holding out for the slim before i part with my cash! Lets just hope sony dont charge the earth for it! im hopeing £250.00 ish,as im sure it will cost less to produce than the current model.
Laughing
Dentrassi
Kudos: 12

PostPosted: 6 Jul 09 12:33 pm Reply with quote

That's a good bundle. If Sony really really really wanted to shift it's stock of PS3's before a Slim is introduced then add in Uncharted and Ratchet and Clank TOD and you would have a kick ass bundle of 4 great PS3 Exclusives. But Killzone 2 and MGS4 is great value as is. Lucky US non PS3 owners getting a good deal!
pedroukuk

PostPosted: 6 Jul 09 12:50 pm Reply with quote

This is still no good, PS3 needs to be £99 with 2 games and 2 pads.
jimmygoogle84
Kudos: 5

PostPosted: 6 Jul 09 1:13 pm Reply with quote

@ pedroukuk

2 platinum games and 2 pads basically is £99

2 full price game would cost more like £130

If we got a bundle with kz2, mgs4 and a ds3 over here for £250 that would make the console itself about £150 (with the other bits costing £100) - not a bad price.

Wouldn;t tempt me though as I already have both games and 2 ps3s
purple101
Kudos: 14

PostPosted: 6 Jul 09 1:35 pm Reply with quote

i brought mine for 299 english pounds, about 399 us dollars.

i got resistance 2, motorstorm 2, the dark knight on blu-ray and a hdmi cable. i repeat, i paid 299.99 sterling pounds.

deals are always thrre, if you look.

i would buy another at 399 with no games it is such a worthwile buy. the most worthwile thing ive brought the last few years , prehaps ever.

this dikhead saying there clearing stock for the slim, hasnt got a cle, there have been infamous bundle. ratchet bundle , killzone bundle, msg4, then the smerican resistance 1 and motorsorm 1 bundle, then, the finalfantasy japan budle.

are you telling me there all to clear stok for the slim, dikhed!!!!! they do this to entice new gamers with pretty packaging / boxart and a game or 2chucked in for free for a set price.

if you cant see this,.... open your eyes/change your contacts, theve been lagging for weeks now, dik.
pedroukuk

PostPosted: 6 Jul 09 2:25 pm Reply with quote

The PS3 is like a fish out of water, flapping about a bit just b4 it dies.
Mark240473
Kudos: 36

PostPosted: 6 Jul 09 2:29 pm Reply with quote

pedroukuk wrote:
The PS3 is like a fish out of water, flapping about a bit just b4 it dies.

Nah, I think you're mistaking it for your brain.
svd_grasshopper
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 6 Jul 09 2:41 pm Reply with quote

purple101 wrote:
i brought mine for 299 english pounds, about 399 us dollars.

i got resistance 2, motorstorm 2, the dark knight on blu-ray and a hdmi cable. i repeat, i paid 299.99 sterling pounds.

deals are always thrre, if you look.

i would buy another at 399 with no games it is such a worthwile buy. the most worthwile thing ive brought the last few years , prehaps ever.

this dikhead saying there clearing stock for the slim, hasnt got a cle, there have been infamous bundle. ratchet bundle , killzone bundle, msg4, then the smerican resistance 1 and motorsorm 1 bundle, then, the finalfantasy japan budle.

are you telling me there all to clear stok for the slim, dikhed!!!!! they do this to entice new gamers with pretty packaging / boxart and a game or 2chucked in for free for a set price.

if you cant see this,.... open your eyes/change your contacts, theve been lagging for weeks now, dik.

the other bundles were because the a new game came out. the bundles with old games - MGS4 + killzone 2 (just emerged) & resistance + motorstorm (about 3 months ago, since US doesnt shift as much ps3's) will be to clear stocks.

upset because you got a fatty?! haha

the fat one looks a beast anyway, its oozes quality.

im waiting for the slim though. its no conspiracy. it was confirmed for the end of july i think.
Rocksterboy1992
Kudos: 5

PostPosted: 6 Jul 09 3:25 pm Reply with quote

I thought Killzone 2 already came free with a PS3? My brother got a PS3 off Play.com with Killzone 2 free. Turned out to be a great bargain. Killzone 2 Online is the best.
blueblade
Kudos: 16

PostPosted: 6 Jul 09 4:31 pm Reply with quote

Nice of them to put a movie and also a game in the package
smiles69
Kudos: 23

PostPosted: 6 Jul 09 5:04 pm Reply with quote

blueblade wrote:
Nice of them to put a movie and also a game in the package

Laughing Very good.
voodoo341
Kudos: 38

PostPosted: 6 Jul 09 7:20 pm Reply with quote

Rocksterboy1992 wrote:
I thought Killzone 2 already came free with a PS3? My brother got a PS3 off Play.com with Killzone 2 free. Turned out to be a great bargain. Killzone 2 Online is the best.

There is a KZ2 bundle out there.
Tonyb
Kudos: 34

PostPosted: 6 Jul 09 8:08 pm Reply with quote

Desperation or Inspiration?...Answers on a postcard to Sony HQ...but don't mention the PSP Go price!! Shocked
Richyrich316
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 7 Jul 09 1:03 am Reply with quote

Tonyb wrote:
Desperation or Inspiration?...Answers on a postcard to Sony HQ...but don't mention the PSP Go price!! Shocked

GO stands for Gloriously Overpriced

There are alays bundles be they official or retailers trying to clear more units.
360_Fan
Kudos: 22

PostPosted: 7 Jul 09 2:44 am Reply with quote

The ps3 slim will not be the savior for sony like its being built as. Going on sonys past, it will probably be more expensive than the current model. Yes the slim ps2 came out at a cheaper price, but that after the ps2 had been out for a number of years where as the ps3 is still struggling to be noticed. Every new version of the psp has been more expensive.
Sad thing is the sony fanboys will call it a brilliant move.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: