Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feed9 New Left 4 Dead 2 shots - http://bit.ly/14e3Y2
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
Ashes Cricket Wii shots | New Batman dev diary | Exclusive Left 4 Dead 2 footage | Resi Evil: Darkside Chronicles gameplay trailer | Xbox Live: This week's content | Tecmo Koei: "Please cut the price" of PS3 | Fourth Resi movie next year | Sony: UMD-free PSP was always planned | 2K releases HUGE Steam pack | Sony patents more motion tech | Nintendo downloads - Hanabi festival begins | 9 new Left 4 Dead 2 shots | L4D2 boycott "didn't change our plans at all" | DJ Hero: Two new videos | Official PSN update list | Dante's Inferno - actual gameplay footage | New Final Fantasy game for DS | Alpha Protocol dev diary | Sony ponders Home music/video sharing | ArmA 2 gets dated down under | Nintendo teams with Five for new game show | Battlestations: Pacific gets two DLC packs | Still no PS3 interest from Valve | Left 4 Dead DLC announcement soon | New Conduit trailer
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Tekken 6 gets £150 arcade stick bundle
View previous topic - View next topic  
The_KFD_Case
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 2 Jul 09 8:28 am Reply with quote

So essentially 150 quid. Sounds like a horrid deal to me.
WHERESMYMONKEY
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 2 Jul 09 8:58 am Reply with quote

I think £150 for a hori figting stick and the game is pretty damn reasonable. the sticks alone generally cost over £100 and are made with quality parts. It'd be the closest thing to playing the arcade machine at home short of buying a cabinet as Hori sticks are made of the same compnents that are used in the arcade cabinets.

think i'll be picking up the £69 edition though. I need a new hoodie.
DAEDALUS79
Kudos: 41

PostPosted: 2 Jul 09 9:50 am Reply with quote

I think a little part of me would die inside if i ever paid £150 for a game.
DrLucienSanchez
Kudos: 22

PostPosted: 2 Jul 09 10:20 am Reply with quote

A hoodie you say? At least they know their target audience...
WHERESMYMONKEY

PostPosted: 2 Jul 09 10:23 am Reply with quote

guess you didn't get rockband or the latest guitar hero then.
svd_grasshopper

PostPosted: 2 Jul 09 10:24 am Reply with quote

dont care what "quality parts" its made out of - is fucking plastic. costs next to nothing. the profit mark up they must be making on these things is ridiculous.

£40 for a fighting game TOPS. even thats a rip off. fighting games dont last too long. SF4 cost me £25 brand new. that was spot on pricing.
Tonyb
Kudos: 34

PostPosted: 2 Jul 09 10:40 am Reply with quote

svd_grasshopper wrote:
dont care what "quality parts" its made out of - is fucking plastic. costs next to nothing. the profit mark up they must be making on these things is ridiculous.

£40 for a fighting game TOPS. even thats a rip off. fighting games dont last too long. SF4 cost me £25 brand new. that was spot on pricing.

It all depends on how much of a Tekken fan you are really, as this arcade stick will undoubtedly enhance playing the game. As for making a profit on it, well that's the name of the game, some would say it's crazy to pay £350 for an iPhone or £25,000 for a Rolex, it's all personal choice.

And as for fighting games not lasting long...that's rubbish, fighters are games you can come back to time and time again especially when you're playing against mates using different characters as there's no set end goal.
gurpal2
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: 2 Jul 09 11:12 am Reply with quote

How good is this stick compared to the SF4 TE Stick.

I bet it will come down to the type of nerd sorry expert player you are.
kimoak
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 2 Jul 09 11:16 am Reply with quote

Those sticks are damn beasts. If you spent your youth in Arcades like me then tried one of these, they ooze quality. The difference between a good arcade stick and a bad one is huge when you play these type of games alot. Like the equivalent of buying a £10 microsoft optical mouse to a Logitech G5 gaming mouse for something like Quake3 Arena 1v1... especially if you are a pro-gamer * Smile

*just an example as others prefer different mice to just the G5.. Like the Razor ones Smile
roland82
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 2 Jul 09 12:01 pm Reply with quote

Its make me laugh that people are arguing over the price of the stick, when the game its coming with is Tekken 6. I was the biggest fan up til 3, after that I could never be bothered.
JuiKuen
Kudos: 26

PostPosted: 2 Jul 09 12:32 pm Reply with quote

I'll just be getting the game itself. Not spending that money on such things
The_KFD_Case

PostPosted: 2 Jul 09 1:05 pm Reply with quote

kimoak wrote:
Those sticks are damn beasts. If you spent your youth in Arcades like me then tried one of these, they ooze quality. The difference between a good arcade stick and a bad one is huge when you play these type of games alot. Like the equivalent of buying a £10 microsoft optical mouse to a Logitech G5 gaming mouse for something like Quake3 Arena 1v1... especially if you are a pro-gamer * Smile

*just an example as others prefer different mice to just the G5.. Like the Razor ones Smile

I *heart* my Razer Death Adder. Razz
Akumas_Muse
Kudos: 10

PostPosted: 2 Jul 09 2:10 pm Reply with quote

svd_grasshopper wrote:

I've got to agree with this. I can accept that, in life, well made things born of quality materials generally cost more. I can also appreciate that Hori make a good stick. What i don't get, as Grasshopper so eloquently muses, is how a collection of metal, switches and plastic correlates to a price-tag of about a ton.

My SF anniversary stick cost less than that, and it was shipped from Japan with a rather hefty duty imposed on it to boot.
ginsin
Kudos: 38

PostPosted: 2 Jul 09 3:24 pm Reply with quote

I paid £20 for my Hori Arcade Stick EX2 from Gamestation. I've also got a Street Fighter IV FightPad. So I'm all set for fighting games when it comes to controllers.

Looking forward to Tekken 6 anyway. In my personal opinion, T5 was the best 3D fighter of the last gen. Looks like Namco are building on that success, what with keeping the same director for the sequel. Should be good!

If the hoodie looks anything like Jin's purple/blue/gold number, then it could be sweet. I'll just be buying the game on its own regardless.

svd_grasshopper wrote:

Fighting games don't last long? What the fuck are you babbling on about now?! Fighting games are one of the few genres which will last you years. That's if you've got friends to play them with of course.
flash501

PostPosted: 2 Jul 09 3:39 pm Reply with quote

Shocked £150....on your bike Namco, I'll take the standalone game thanks.
Ferocious Swan
Kudos: 11

PostPosted: 2 Jul 09 5:29 pm Reply with quote

I love fighting games, and used to play them all the time in arcades ... But i had a Hori Stick for about a week before I returned it, it just felt cheap and plasticky ...
Ferocious Swan
Kudos: 11

PostPosted: 2 Jul 09 5:30 pm Reply with quote

I love fighting games, and used to play them all the time in arcades ... But i had a Hori Stick for about a week before I returned it, it just felt cheap and plasticky ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: