Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedOutrun XBLA dated for April 15!
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsOut Now
Conduit controls deliver "third scheme" for FPS games | New Virtua Tennis 2009 shots | OutRun Online Arcade dated | XBLA: Scrabble, Connect 4 out | Godfather II adds 'Don Control' mode | THQ threatens Big Huge closure | Devil May Cry series ships ten million | New Xbox Experience on next OXM disc | iPhone gaming gets multiplayer, DLC | Killzone 2 'will push 360 owners to try PS3' | 11 new Rock Band tracks for Wii | Namco Bandai acquires D3 Publisher | PlayStation price drop "soon" | Mass Effect 2: New image | Halo 3 tops XBL play chart | Flower's grass only possible on PS3 | Coke gives away 3 million MS points | Secret Agent Clank headed to PS2 | Castle Crashers dev's new trailer | Capcom releases Dark Void trailer | Codemasters COO departs unexpectedly | Mass Effect 2 - PC, 360 exclusive | Steam adds premium DLC | SingStar top ten exposes SHAME | New Dead Space Extraction screens
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Games on Demand
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Capcom ships 4 million Resident Evil 5 copies
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic - View next topic  
Mark240473
Kudos: 35

PostPosted: 16 Mar 09 10:54 am Reply with quote

Well, I can't say I noticed any of my online buddies playing it this weekend.
gogo65uk
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: 16 Mar 09 10:56 am Reply with quote

Nice going Capcom and they still want to milk the DLC I guess? Its a good game none the less not so bothered about walking and shooting after playing it through though I wish you could walk and reload Laughing Think I'm first too but I don't really give a damn.
gogo65uk
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: 16 Mar 09 10:57 am Reply with quote

Aww you stole my thunder Razz
voodoo341
Kudos: 36

PostPosted: 16 Mar 09 10:59 am Reply with quote

Mark240473 wrote:

Same here, SF4 on the other hand seems to be very popular.
Djstar
Kudos: 6

PostPosted: 16 Mar 09 11:12 am Reply with quote

Good to hear... after hearing most people just moan about this game, wasnt sure it was gonna sell!

Yea I have my flaws with Resi 5 BUT ITS NOT THE WORST GAME EVER!!!

So seriously, get a grip!! Rolling Eyes
sbolton666
Kudos: 24

PostPosted: 16 Mar 09 11:15 am Reply with quote

Must admit i have been enjoying it this week!

Although its lost its charm/chill from the original's.. and now feels like an Action shooter!

So i do kinda wish they would have let us move and reload etc, and if they did that they could have made the zombie AI better, as they seem to run at you and give you about 4 seconds to reload or equip a gun before they attack you.

Really nice looking game and story line though and the co-op experience is great! Although if your not using the co-op it becomes a ballache exchanging weapons and combines!
Playstation 3 :: This is Living... Blu-Ray #1 Wink
svd_grasshopper
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 16 Mar 09 11:44 am Reply with quote

Djstar wrote:
Good to hear... after hearing most people just moan about this game, wasnt sure it was gonna sell!

but, is it the WORST RESI EVER??!
_Marty_

PostPosted: 16 Mar 09 11:54 am Reply with quote

svd_grasshopper wrote:
Djstar wrote:

but, is it the WORST RESI EVER??!

No. For me Nemesis still gets that crown, unless you throw in the the likes of Survivor, Dead Aim, etc.
However, Resi 5 isn't a patch on 4 IMO. The locations just aren't as good. And it feels weird having elevators and labs etc beneath African shanty towns...
ensabahnur

PostPosted: 16 Mar 09 12:12 pm Reply with quote

well as a person who was not impressed with the demo and hadn't really properly played a Resi game since Code Veronica i gave the game a try by renting it on friday and have to say the demo does let the game down. the standing still to shoot doesn't really hinder you that much and the AI does a pretty decent job most of the time for Sheeva. i'm currently on level 4.1 and have enjoyed nearly every minute of the game. and it really is one of the most beautiful games i've ever seen.
but i still maintain that Dead Space is the better game overall and is defo the better survival horror game. i've felt none of the old Resi magic in this game (though missing out on Resi 4 may explain this) and it feels more like a standard one way shooter. where's the exploration and having to retrace your steps to solve the old puzzles? for me that was always what Resi games were about.
ricflair
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 16 Mar 09 12:33 pm Reply with quote

I realised I have enough Nectar points to get about �30 of shopping at Sainsburys so was going to get RE5, but I'm just not sure. Depends what they have as it's Islington so not a huge out of town place. I could get Dead Space (if they have it) and some shopping, but the co-op is now actually changing my mind. A little bit.

Funnily enough you need about 8000 points to get RE5 direct, but only 6000 buy it in store with your nectar points. I knew there was a reason I've been handing my card over for the last five years.

Maybe they'll have a random hori stick for the 360 and they won't be trying to charge �60 for it. I can dream...
ginsin
Kudos: 38

PostPosted: 16 Mar 09 12:38 pm Reply with quote

Mark240473 wrote:

Quite a few of my online friends have been playing the game. I'm about two thirds into it, and lovin' every minute of it. It's not quite up there with Resident Evil 4 - RE5 is abit like Twilight Princess, where RE4 was Ocarina of Time - but it's a great game so far.
Mark240473

PostPosted: 16 Mar 09 12:54 pm Reply with quote

In fairness, if I had nothing else to play, I would have bought it by now. Unfortunately, SF4 and Killzone 2 have put paid to that idea. I feel I'd be buying it for the sake of it - and with some better press (and a decent demo) I may have bit the bullet.
Sinthetic
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 16 Mar 09 12:55 pm Reply with quote

i'm absolutely loving it. gonna rip it to shreds before madworld comes on thursday. enjoyed it much more by myself than with co-op. don't be put off if you are a single player gamer, it's still bloody great.
davidc
Kudos: 16

PostPosted: 16 Mar 09 1:20 pm Reply with quote

Resi5 has moved with the times thats all...people want more action and online play nowadays, not slow lumbering zombies in static locations.

Resi 1 was good for its time.
_Marty_

PostPosted: 16 Mar 09 1:28 pm Reply with quote

ginsin wrote:
Mark240473 wrote:

Quite a few of my online friends have been playing the game. I'm about two thirds into it, and lovin' every minute of it. It's not quite up there with Resident Evil 4 - RE5 is abit like Twilight Princess, where RE4 was Ocarina of Time - but it's a great game so far.

Never has there been such an accurate simile.
sbolton666

PostPosted: 16 Mar 09 2:24 pm Reply with quote

Anyone else noticed the annoying Screen tearing that pops up in the 360 version?
ginsin
Kudos: 38

PostPosted: 16 Mar 09 2:28 pm Reply with quote

_Marty_ wrote:
ginsin wrote:
Mark240473 wrote:

Never has there been such an accurate simile.

Indeed. RE5 does alot of stuff similar to RE4, sometimes it doesn't quite pull those similarities off as good. It does a few new things, and does them very well. The core of a good Resident Evil game is there, the enemies, locations, combat, characters. There all present and correct. It's just lacking somewhat in the scares - even though the game has atmosphere galore.

sbolton666 wrote:
Anyone else noticed the annoying Screen tearing that pops up in the 360 version?

What output are you playing it on? I'm running the game through the HDMI, using a Samsung 26" LCD TV. I've got it on 720p. I've read, that if you've got the game upscaled to 1080p, then there's alot more screen-tear. I've hardly notice any myself. Chapter 4 has abit of it, but nothing major.
_Marty_

PostPosted: 16 Mar 09 2:59 pm Reply with quote

sbolton666 wrote:

Can't say that I've seen any myself *shrug*
davidc
Kudos: 16

PostPosted: 16 Mar 09 3:25 pm Reply with quote

...yes...screen tear is bad when u have 360 set to 1080p....change to 1080i or 720p and all is ok....

needs a patch i think
sbolton666

PostPosted: 16 Mar 09 3:57 pm Reply with quote

Im running VGA 1280 x 1024

Maybe that makes more of a difference... Hmmmmm .. only seems REALLY bad at the beginning, dont notice it once i get halfway through
a3HeadedMonkey
Kudos: 39

PostPosted: 16 Mar 09 4:04 pm Reply with quote

ginsin wrote:
Mark240473 wrote:

Quite a few of my online friends have been playing the game.

Same here. Maybe it's just selling better on 360 as PS3 users are still busy with KZ2.
Sinthetic
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 16 Mar 09 4:07 pm Reply with quote

about the screen tearing. i did notice it once during the campaign section where you are on the cliff and the sun is setting behind you. i'm playing on HD 42 inch tv @ 720p. so you're not the only one who has noticed it. but to be fair i haven't seen it since.
WHERESMYMONKEY
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 16 Mar 09 4:15 pm Reply with quote

wouldn't surprise me. I'm really enjoying Resi 5. I think storywise i enjoyed it more than 4. Its at least a lot more cohesive. in 4 you seemed to just from location to location with no real thought as to why you were there. Bad guys were a bit of a mixed bag too. Although i do still love resi 4, resi 5 is definately not the worst resi ever. I think resi 3 holds that honour. or any of the dubious spin offs.

Not that any of the main series resi games are by any means bad games. just some are better than others. The resi remake still rates as my fav though.
_Marty_

PostPosted: 16 Mar 09 4:18 pm Reply with quote

WHERESMYMONKEY wrote:
wouldn't surprise me. I'm really enjoying Resi 5. I think storywise i enjoyed it more than 4. Its at least a lot more cohesive. in 4 you seemed to just from location to location with no real thought as to why you were there.

Aside from the whole 'find the presidents daughter thing', you may well be right. However, I kinda liked that about Resi 4. I mean really, Leon went through a lot of sh*t, I'm not surprised any sort of coherant plan went out the window...
JimiTheSaint
Kudos: 21

PostPosted: 16 Mar 09 4:22 pm Reply with quote

[/quote]No. For me Nemesis still gets that crown[/quote]

Agreed... I remember it vividly... taking a day of work, rushing home after buying it. Playing it for an hour, turning off my Playstation then sitting in the pub for the rest of the day bewildered...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: