Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feed9 New Left 4 Dead 2 shots - http://bit.ly/14e3Y2
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
Ashes Cricket Wii shots | New Batman dev diary | Exclusive Left 4 Dead 2 footage | Resi Evil: Darkside Chronicles gameplay trailer | Xbox Live: This week's content | Tecmo Koei: "Please cut the price" of PS3 | Fourth Resi movie next year | Sony: UMD-free PSP was always planned | 2K releases HUGE Steam pack | Sony patents more motion tech | Nintendo downloads - Hanabi festival begins | 9 new Left 4 Dead 2 shots | L4D2 boycott "didn't change our plans at all" | DJ Hero: Two new videos | Official PSN update list | Dante's Inferno - actual gameplay footage | New Final Fantasy game for DS | Alpha Protocol dev diary | Sony ponders Home music/video sharing | ArmA 2 gets dated down under | Nintendo teams with Five for new game show | Battlestations: Pacific gets two DLC packs | Still no PS3 interest from Valve | Left 4 Dead DLC announcement soon | New Conduit trailer
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Official PSN update list
View previous topic - View next topic  
ensabahnur
Kudos: 36

PostPosted: 3 Jul 09 10:12 am Reply with quote

why no demo for The Punisher? this is the one of the things that really pisses me off about PSN. a real lack of demo's for either games coming out or their own titles. games like flower interest me but without a demo there's no way i'm forking out for it.
jazzy_p
Kudos: 24

PostPosted: 3 Jul 09 10:32 am Reply with quote

Very true...i would rather have a demo first naturally, but i suppose its a cunning way to make people pay for crap..then release a demo afterwards.

I enjoyed the Ps2 game.
bloodbathrich
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: 3 Jul 09 10:32 am Reply with quote

not to start a flame war or anything....but all that crap for Tiger woods !

All that stuff could have been on the dvd with it...i know its an old debate and it is EA but seeing that list is kinda shocking as the game came out today.

people dont have to buy it if they dont want to but damn, looks like the game was just made for additional content selling.

bad form
Sirini
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 3 Jul 09 10:34 am Reply with quote

Surely all that Tiger Woods stuff should be part of the game....
What's worse is that they're charging more for 'better' equipment, which doesn't cost them anymore to make or host.
Miss_Wacy

PostPosted: 3 Jul 09 10:52 am Reply with quote

usa psn got capcom classics for psp ill be getting that soon, and capcom have announced a few ps1 games for us psn including street fighter alpha 3, and resi 2 amongs a few others
xbl:TastyAcidMilk
jonbwfc
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 3 Jul 09 10:53 am Reply with quote

The tiger woods stuff isn't extra content, it's unlocks for content that's in the game already that you'd otherwise have to unlock as you played it. What they're doing essentially is make people pay for 'cheat codes'.

It's a fairly reprehensible practice IMO but it's not what you appear to think.

'me too'on the demos thing. I don't see why sony think we're going to buy games that have had little or no pre-publicity without a demo.

Jon
bloodbathrich
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: 3 Jul 09 11:19 am Reply with quote

[quote]The tiger woods stuff isn't extra content, it's unlocks for content that's in the game already that you'd otherwise have to unlock as you played it. What they're doing essentially is make people pay for 'cheat codes'./quote]

Thanks for the info mate, just the way it was writtrn as Add-on game content it didnt look the way you said it.

Still....paying for cheats lol

and yeah forgot to say i agree with the above comments about the lack of demo situation it already puts me off of buying it, kinda like walking into a film before watching a trailer...just cant do it.
flash501
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 3 Jul 09 12:12 pm Reply with quote

ensabahnur wrote:
why no demo for The Punisher? this is the one of the things that really pisses me off about PSN. a real lack of demo's for either games coming out or their own titles. games like flower interest me but without a demo there's no way i'm forking out for it.

I'd have to agree, it makes a game look bad when there is no demo released for it, like they are afraid that no one will buy the game if they play the demo.
ensabahnur
Kudos: 36

PostPosted: 3 Jul 09 12:16 pm Reply with quote

jazzy_p wrote:
Very true...i would rather have a demo first naturally, but i suppose its a cunning way to make people pay for crap..then release a demo afterwards.

I enjoyed the Ps2 game.
Yeah like Soldner-X-Himmellstummer or whatever the hell it was called. got stung with that one and haven't downloaded anything else without a demo first, unless i know its gonna be good.
jazzy_p

PostPosted: 3 Jul 09 1:27 pm Reply with quote

which is rather difficult these days because reviews, are naturally, based upon the opinion of the reviewer and sometimes how much PR throw money at them.
TBH i stick to GT and GB for keeping me informed on reviews and this site for news.
lordirongut
Kudos: 14

PostPosted: 3 Jul 09 6:43 pm Reply with quote

It was the right choice, then, to download MGS1 from the US store rather than waiting...
dannymcg
Kudos: 12

PostPosted: 4 Jul 09 5:47 pm Reply with quote

Just downloaaded i and guess what, it doesn't F***ING work.

Is any1 else having the same problem?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: