Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedWhatever. RIP Jacko!
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
Fight Night R4 vs R3 video comparison | Cowabunga! TMNT Wii trailer | Home will be "essential for all PS3 games" | More Ratchet & Clank images | Xbox Live: This week's content | This week's Nintendo downloads | Left 4 Dead Premium Theme with OXM | Guitar Hero: GH - The launch trailer | Japan sees small rise in hardware sales | Square Enix teases new game | Tecmo-Koei merger official in Europe | Pics: PSP Go vs. PSP 3000 | EA 'doesn't understand' Syndicate, says creator | BioShock 2: See the first Big Daddy | Ninja Gaiden Sigma II demo for PSN | Lawsuit aims to block Mortal Kombat Sale | Uncharted headed to the big screen | New "broader" PSN to be unveiled | Michael Jackson's games: A look back | ArmA 2 demo live | SCEE to demo motion tech at Develop Conference | New Conduit movie | Ubisoft goes hard for digi downloads | Zuma hits PSN | Michael Jackson has died
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
BioShock 2: See the first Big Daddy
View previous topic - View next topic  
bowmonster
Kudos: 17

PostPosted: 26 Jun 09 12:12 pm Reply with quote

Looks better than the final one?
suchthef00l
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 26 Jun 09 12:17 pm Reply with quote

Looks a bit more mobile and agile, which is kind of what I expected after seeing the run speed in the gameplay footage.

Nice slice of insight into the design process there.
flash501
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 26 Jun 09 12:31 pm Reply with quote

I agree he looks a lot more agile than the big daddys from the first game, it'll make his movement speed a lot more believable. It was a bit strange seeing the big lumbering apes flying around the screen like an olympic sprinter as soon as you touched a little sister when playing BS1.
pishers

PostPosted: 26 Jun 09 12:50 pm Reply with quote

if you play the first big daddy does that make the final versions tougher than you? in theory the final versions will be perfected from the prototype.

from what I have read it seems the playable character is able to do things other big daddies aren't which kind of doesn't make sense unless the extra abilities have drawbacks when used otherwise they'd be in the final version surely?
yerbluesjohn
Kudos: 17

PostPosted: 26 Jun 09 12:52 pm Reply with quote

I've just finished playing through the first Bioshock. Man, that's one over-rated game. Great story concept, shame it's so samey all the way through.
MrPirtniw
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 26 Jun 09 1:05 pm Reply with quote

I gotta agree with you there Yerbluesjohn- I felt it was a bit samey- only got half way through the 2nd playthrough, then got a bit bored. Great story. Great concept and definately worth a play through due to it's unique atmosphere. A pity it's quite repetitive and the combat is so clunky.

Saying that, I'm looking forward to the sequel- and I love seeing all this conceptual art stuff!
Sinthetic

PostPosted: 26 Jun 09 1:22 pm Reply with quote

the final concept looks great. i really want more gameplay videos of bioshock 2, but i'm glad they're not doing an RE5 and spoiling the whole game before release.
newsinthefield
Kudos: 10

PostPosted: 26 Jun 09 4:10 pm Reply with quote

Weird. When I clicked on this page it came up in the old format, before CVG was glammed up. Aaah nostalgia.
Little Moth
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 26 Jun 09 8:06 pm Reply with quote

I really like the final concept, reminds me of the enemy in the Iron Man movie.
dark_gamer
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 27 Jun 09 10:54 am Reply with quote

I'm not too sure I'm keen on the final concept. I mean one of the splicers is eventually going to have the sense to sneak up on him and smash those tubes on his back.

There's always the one, even though usually it's you, lol.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: