Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feed9 New Left 4 Dead 2 shots - http://bit.ly/14e3Y2
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
Ashes Cricket Wii shots | New Batman dev diary | Exclusive Left 4 Dead 2 footage | Resi Evil: Darkside Chronicles gameplay trailer | Xbox Live: This week's content | Tecmo Koei: "Please cut the price" of PS3 | Fourth Resi movie next year | Sony: UMD-free PSP was always planned | 2K releases HUGE Steam pack | Sony patents more motion tech | Nintendo downloads - Hanabi festival begins | 9 new Left 4 Dead 2 shots | L4D2 boycott "didn't change our plans at all" | DJ Hero: Two new videos | Official PSN update list | Dante's Inferno - actual gameplay footage | New Final Fantasy game for DS | Alpha Protocol dev diary | Sony ponders Home music/video sharing | ArmA 2 gets dated down under | Nintendo teams with Five for new game show | Battlestations: Pacific gets two DLC packs | Still no PS3 interest from Valve | Left 4 Dead DLC announcement soon | New Conduit trailer
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
PS3 Slim production contracts awarded
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic - View next topic  
KMakawa
Kudos: 21

PostPosted: 1 Jul 09 10:37 am Reply with quote

Well this is a surprise.. not-.-

They only want to bring this out so that they can price slash the ps3, and bring out slim and stick it up at its ps3 selling price. Stupidity, but they did it with the ps2, And sony don't drop old traits that quick.
svd_grasshopper
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 1 Jul 09 10:41 am Reply with quote

im first for one of these.

impressive they can slim it down already.

doubt they have changed logo though. they pics must've been fake.
monty_79
Kudos: 19

PostPosted: 1 Jul 09 10:44 am Reply with quote

Will it mean a lower price? That#'s all I care about. Once it comes down in price by £100, I will pick one up second hand.
The_KFD_Case
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 1 Jul 09 10:46 am Reply with quote

Good to see I'm vindicated after so many nay-sayed the initial rumors/reports simply because the badly taken photos of a proto-type cast weren't shiny (hence the reason it's a proto-type). Now I await the price. If the PSP Go is anything to go by (no pun intended,) then we may be in for a shock, and not the pleasant kind...
svd_grasshopper

PostPosted: 1 Jul 09 10:48 am Reply with quote

less plastic, less PCB. a 45nm chip, less power consumption.

all can equate some price cuttage.

it will have a power brick no doubt, like the 360 already has.
monty_79

PostPosted: 1 Jul 09 10:52 am Reply with quote

It will probably be £400 as it will cost less to make than the first product, so will get a 'premium' treatment.

Seriously, if this is more than £200 then forget it.
ParmaViolet
Kudos: 37

PostPosted: 1 Jul 09 11:02 am Reply with quote

monty_79 wrote:
It will probably be £400 as it will cost less to make than the first product, so will get a 'premium' treatment.

Seriously, if this is more than £200 then forget it.

Yeah, I'm not convinced that this will have any price cuts applied to it initially...especially considering Sonys comments about the PSP Go the other day. I also think it's unlikely to have any of the PS3s functionality removed (as some have predicted).

It will, however, most likely drive the cost of the original PS3s down - especially in the second-hand market.

Smile
flash501

PostPosted: 1 Jul 09 11:04 am Reply with quote

The_KFD_Case wrote:
Good to see I'm vindicated after so many nay-sayed the initial rumors/reports simply because the badly taken photos of a proto-type cast weren't shiny (hence the reason it's a proto-type). Now I await the price. If the PSP Go is anything to go by (no pun intended,) then we may be in for a shock, and not the pleasant kind...

The photos were indeed of poor quality but I still think they are fake, or at least of a prototype. I just can't see the finished product looking like that, although I would've said the same about the PSP Go so who knows.
bennyboi1979
Kudos: 18

PostPosted: 1 Jul 09 11:16 am Reply with quote

Woo Hoo been waiting for this!! Price cut on the way...... that will keep you lot from moaning.. or will it??
StonecoldMC
Kudos: 37

PostPosted: 1 Jul 09 11:23 am Reply with quote

Is this real?!?!?

A new slim line PS3 coming out in the Summer? Surely E3 would have been the place to announce this Confused ?
svd_grasshopper

PostPosted: 1 Jul 09 11:25 am Reply with quote

the slims will probably be about £250+ as its seen as gadgety.

dont think the fat ps3's will go away. they will be reduced to £200 maybe.

giving the consumer the choice, sony extra profit and install base. a win-win.
roger4000
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 1 Jul 09 11:25 am Reply with quote

I hated my fat PS3 and the shape so I took the shell off and re arranged the innards and put it into a slim DVD player from ASDA. You know the sort, very small about the size of a large book and it was only £19.99 so I threw away the gubbins. It looks great but I am having problems booting it up Confused Anybody got any ideas?
alexhardy
Kudos: 11

PostPosted: 1 Jul 09 11:29 am Reply with quote

If this is £200, I'm sold.
monty_79

PostPosted: 1 Jul 09 11:34 am Reply with quote

I don't see this selling for any less than £250, as I honestly can't believe it will retail for less than a PSP go.

Fu*king hell Sony, just give us a PS3 for a realistic price, will you? It's not like I don't want one, I just don't want to feel like I've had my pants pulled down.
The_KFD_Case

PostPosted: 1 Jul 09 11:42 am Reply with quote

StonecoldMC wrote:
Is this real?!?!?

A new slim line PS3 coming out in the Summer? Surely E3 would have been the place to announce this Confused ?

It would seem so on the surface, but then whom would buy all the existing bulky PS3 stock knowing a slim version is just on the doorstep?
flash501

PostPosted: 1 Jul 09 11:50 am Reply with quote

roger4000 wrote:
I hated my fat PS3 and the shape so I took the shell off and re arranged the innards and put it into a slim DVD player from ASDA. You know the sort, very small about the size of a large book and it was only £19.99 so I threw away the gubbins. It looks great but I am having problems booting it up Confused Anybody got any ideas?

Throw it away before it burns your house down.? Wink
ted1138
Kudos: 34

PostPosted: 1 Jul 09 12:06 pm Reply with quote

Knowing Sony, they'll probably charge £350 for it, as I really can't see them charging the same for it as a PSP Go.

Last edited by ted1138 on 1 Jul 09 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
roger4000
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 1 Jul 09 12:55 pm Reply with quote

flash501 wrote:
roger4000 wrote:

thanks for the advise but my bins full! collection day is tuesday, what now? you've got me worried. Shocked
svd_grasshopper

PostPosted: 1 Jul 09 1:05 pm Reply with quote

your talking s**t.

ive seen inside a ps3. theres loads of independant parts that need fixing down. you wouldnt be able to do it.
lordirongut
Kudos: 14

PostPosted: 1 Jul 09 1:09 pm Reply with quote

Why does everyone think the PS3 needs a redesign? Am I really the only one that thinks it looks the best this gen? Anyway, it doesn't matter when you're playing it as you should be looking at the TV.
The_KFD_Case

PostPosted: 1 Jul 09 1:11 pm Reply with quote

lordirongut wrote:
Why does everyone think the PS3 needs a redesign? Am I really the only one that thinks it looks the best this gen? Anyway, it doesn't matter when you're playing it as you should be looking at the TV.

Like you said, it doesn't matter since you are looking at the TV....then again...
Sleepaphobic
Kudos: 17

PostPosted: 1 Jul 09 1:12 pm Reply with quote

StonecoldMC wrote:
Is this real?!?!?

nop TGS thats where it will be shown if it is coming out this year at all unless they dont want any type of marketing for it.
svd_grasshopper

PostPosted: 1 Jul 09 1:25 pm Reply with quote

Sleepaphobic wrote:
StonecoldMC wrote:
Is this real?!?!?

nop TGS thats where it will be shown if it is coming out this year at all unless they dont want any type of marketing for it.

if they reveal the slim too early ps3-fat sales would dry up.
BenJy!
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 1 Jul 09 1:28 pm Reply with quote

I smell a con to be honest.
flash501

PostPosted: 1 Jul 09 1:29 pm Reply with quote

roger4000 wrote:
flash501 wrote:
roger4000 wrote:

thanks for the advise but my bins full! collection day is tuesday, what now? you've got me worried. Shocked

I'm just playing with ya, it does seem like a pretty risky thing to do though, I'd keep a close eye on it if you get it working. If it's still under warrenty you could always send It to Sony and hope they don't notice it's not in its Ps3 casing Very Happy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: