Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedWhatever. RIP Jacko!
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
Fight Night R4 vs R3 video comparison | Cowabunga! TMNT Wii trailer | Home will be "essential for all PS3 games" | More Ratchet & Clank images | Xbox Live: This week's content | This week's Nintendo downloads | Left 4 Dead Premium Theme with OXM | Guitar Hero: GH - The launch trailer | Japan sees small rise in hardware sales | Square Enix teases new game | Tecmo-Koei merger official in Europe | Pics: PSP Go vs. PSP 3000 | EA 'doesn't understand' Syndicate, says creator | BioShock 2: See the first Big Daddy | Ninja Gaiden Sigma II demo for PSN | Lawsuit aims to block Mortal Kombat Sale | Uncharted headed to the big screen | New "broader" PSN to be unveiled | Michael Jackson's games: A look back | ArmA 2 demo live | SCEE to demo motion tech at Develop Conference | New Conduit movie | Ubisoft goes hard for digi downloads | Zuma hits PSN | Michael Jackson has died
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Lush Gran Turismo PSP screens
View previous topic - View next topic  
y2jimbob_2001
Kudos: 23

PostPosted: 25 Jun 09 12:04 pm Reply with quote

This looks better than some of the racing games on the 360!
Vyvrtka
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 25 Jun 09 12:09 pm Reply with quote

y2jimbob_2001 wrote:
This looks better than some of the racing games on the 360 and PS3!

fixed that for you
DSMaster
Kudos: 24

PostPosted: 25 Jun 09 12:11 pm Reply with quote

Just a shame they are complete bullshots.

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_8141_en.html

According to this they are from a "Photomode", but even that doesn't look likely to me.
In the real game shots, not even the car select screen looks half as good as that!

A photo mode that not only increases the detail on the cars, adds reflections and self shadowing, increases the screen resolution to way in excess of the PSP, and even replaces all the scenery textures with higher res versions?? I'll believe that when I see it!

EDIT: My prediction :- GT PSP has an intro movie designed to look kind of like the game (but better) and these shots are from the source render of it.
Mark240473
Kudos: 36

PostPosted: 25 Jun 09 12:15 pm Reply with quote

Good gracious, that looks better than I'd imagined.

EDIT: I may have to agree with DSMASTER, as there is no way that the PSP could produce those visuals.

No doubt it'll still look stunning on the small screen as screenshots tend to be larger than the PSP screen anyway.

Last edited by Mark240473 on 25 Jun 09 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
pishers
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 25 Jun 09 12:20 pm Reply with quote

DSMaster wrote:

According to this they are from a "Photomode", but even that doesn't look likely to me.
In the real game shots, not even the car select screen looks half as good as that!

A photo mode that not only increases the detail on the cars, adds reflections and self shadowing, increases the screen resolution to way in excess of the PSP, and even replaces all the scenery textures with higher res versions?? I'll believe that when I see it!

EDIT: My prediction :- GT PSP has an intro movie designed to look kind of like the game (but better) and these shots are from the source render of it.

still looks ok though, anyone who believed they were in game shots needs shooting. everytime forza or gt games show pictures or videos its from the replay feature or intro.
AJDarkstar
Kudos: 24

PostPosted: 25 Jun 09 12:22 pm Reply with quote

Those are clearly NOT PSP screenshots. Not from in-game footage, for sure.
Vyvrtka

PostPosted: 25 Jun 09 12:23 pm Reply with quote

DSMaster wrote:

Click Here

there you go
flash501

PostPosted: 25 Jun 09 12:26 pm Reply with quote

I agree that they aren't in game, they are almost ps3 quailty for christs sake.
starsail
Kudos: 11

PostPosted: 25 Jun 09 12:30 pm Reply with quote

And they said they couldnt run GTA3 on PSP. Gran tourismo 3 and 4 on PS2 are still astonishing to look at, its using the same engine but to a slightly lesser extent just as GTA3 did, but differences to both GTA3 and Gran tourism 3 on PS2 and PSP are very slight.

This is the ingame engine of the PSP version running.
HITMANBAZZA
Kudos: 12

PostPosted: 25 Jun 09 12:42 pm Reply with quote

All I can say is WOW it looks way better than any forza game and this is just our handheld beauty. Imagine what GT5 is going to look like on PS3 Wa Hey Wa Heyoooba
starsail
Kudos: 11

PostPosted: 25 Jun 09 12:45 pm Reply with quote

last post didnt display ... ah ... cover up!

I was adding that there's very little seperating PSP and PS2 when PSP is pushed. Look at GTA3, many said it couldnt be done but hey, it was done with shiny knobs on.

PS2 Gran Tourismo 3 and 4 still look astonishing, even by todays standards so a slightly lesser (if not equal to GT3 standard) PSP version would still look great so I'd say that this is the ingame PSP engine running!
rallyeboy

PostPosted: 25 Jun 09 1:38 pm Reply with quote

I very much doubt this is the game engine producing the visuals. Not being a doubter but Sony are incredibly good at the FMV "thing".

PS: Stuff it, I am a doubter!!
Dajmin
Kudos: 37

PostPosted: 25 Jun 09 2:40 pm Reply with quote

Fanboys fanboys, yawn.

As one of the early links shows, these aren't standard in-game shots. I assume Photo Mode means a re-render of the paused screen so that reflections, shadows and other post-process effects can be added. Since the PSP can't actually do that stuff in realtime.

But of course anyone with net access can check the specs of a system, right? Pfft.
Vyvrtka

PostPosted: 25 Jun 09 2:54 pm Reply with quote

rallyeboy wrote:
I very much doubt this is the game engine producing the visuals. Not being a doubter but Sony are incredibly good at the FMV "thing".

Click Here

once again, you can compare it to the gameplay footage
this IS Polyphony we are talking about here after all

Those screenshots are probably from replay, so I'm pretty sure they are ingame, maybe with some filter on top with some fancy angles, but as you can see in the video, the real game graphics are not much worse than those screenshots. The game is looking absolutely fantastic.

Last edited by Vyvrtka on 25 Jun 09 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
altitude2k
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 25 Jun 09 2:54 pm Reply with quote

That colour-changing racing line looks quite familiar...
up2nogood316
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 25 Jun 09 3:05 pm Reply with quote

yay more bullshots! what a surprise!

look at the e3 version if u wanna see what it will end up looking like. i.e somewhere between ps1 and ps2 visuals
roynluc

PostPosted: 25 Jun 09 4:22 pm Reply with quote

Of all the footage and screen shots I have seen, there have never been more than 4 cars on the track.

Right up to GT3 there were always 6 cars on track at the same time, if this version is only going to be able to handle 4, then what's the point in calling it a racing game, or are they going to pull their motto out of their ass once more, by stating it's a driving simulator? Rolling Eyes

Seriously, only 4 cars on track is a bit crap, even if the graphics do look that good on the PSP.
sweatyBallacks?
Kudos: 22

PostPosted: 25 Jun 09 4:33 pm Reply with quote

Vyvrtka wrote:
rallyeboy wrote:

Click Here

once again, you can compare it to the gameplay footage
this IS Polyphony we are talking about here after all

Those screenshots are probably from replay, so I'm pretty sure they are ingame, maybe with some filter on top with some fancy angles, but as you can see in the video, the real game graphics are not much worse than those screenshots. The game is looking absolutely fantastic.

Good find mate.

That should shut all the fanboys up. That in-game footage looks incredible considering, as we all know, it will look like that in the palm of your hand.

Jaysus chrise.

And there is no word whatsoever that it will be limited to 4 cars on screen at once, so come on people, why so negative??????
plonkman

PostPosted: 26 Jun 09 4:51 pm Reply with quote

lol..

another GT yawnfest.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: