Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedAssassin's Creed II gets Euro date - http://bit.ly/RET0N
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
Rock Band gets Spinal Tap, Evanescence | FEAR DLC now free on PC | Mega Man Star Force 3 DS movie | EA's GI Joe: The trailer | Assassin's II gets £69 Collector's Edition | Call of Juarez: 'Brothers' trailer | VidZone: Where Next? | Dante's Inferno dev diary | Forza 3 to include Le Mans | Tales of Vesperia: Euro trailer | Tretton frustration over PSP Go leaks | 85 Mario & Sonic: Winter Games shots | Roogoo Twisted Towers screens | New SuperCar Challenge shots | Wii sales top 20 million in US | Heavy Weapon penetrates PSN | Xbox Live: This week's content | Assassin's Creed II gets Euro date | New Nintendo downloads | Home: Mystery of "Xi" space revealed | L4D boycott responds to Valve response | Pachter "regrets" PSP Go "rip-off" comments | MS: Natal launch to be as big as 360's | Sega Vintage Collection trailer | Sony targets girls with purple PSP
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Games on Demand
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
E3: Awesome Assassin's Creed 2 footage
View previous topic - View next topic  
Loz01
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: 3 Jun 09 4:58 pm Reply with quote

That looks seriously good!
Guy_Muggsley
Kudos: 10

PostPosted: 3 Jun 09 5:11 pm Reply with quote

The footage above is from the demo that the AC2 dev team did at the Sony press conference yesterday. you can probably find the full clip online easily enough if you want to see more. The first AC game looked gorgeous but was really let down by the monotonous gameplay. If they have sorted that out for the sequel (and it looks like they have) then i reckon AC2 will be an absolute gem!
svd_grasshopper
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 3 Jun 09 5:15 pm Reply with quote

there have been tv ads for this and it aint out for months i think... wtf!
dewd457
Kudos: 19

PostPosted: 3 Jun 09 6:14 pm Reply with quote

Im glad that his ancestor ezio actually speaks like he is from that area and time period as opposed to the odly speaking american altair.
voodoo341
Kudos: 38

PostPosted: 3 Jun 09 7:11 pm Reply with quote

I get the feeling Assassins Creed 2 will have exclusive content for the PS3.
Valdon
Kudos: 19

PostPosted: 3 Jun 09 7:32 pm Reply with quote

Sort of looks the same as the first one. I enjoyed the free-running and the story was quite interesting but it was just so, so repetitive.

That's one thing they need to change on this one and apart from the flying bit, I didn't see much change.
ledickolas
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 3 Jun 09 10:22 pm Reply with quote

Hmm, dunno, looks doesn't look any more exciting to me. Wow, a flying machine, yay. And he can swim now? Well so he should if it's set in Venice.

I'll keep an eye on this but it's got a lot to prove after the monotony of the first game.
Little Moth
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 3 Jun 09 10:43 pm Reply with quote

Yup, I'm sure this is going to be brilliant because the biggest problem in the first Assassin's Creed was the lack of variety. All you could do to get around the cities is freerun, the only weapons you could use in fights was the 3 you had and the there were only around 6 different mission types.

In Assassin's Creed II however, they are focusing on variety. As well as improved freerunning, you can now glide and swim. In battles you will be able to steal your opponent's weapons and there are over 30 weapons in the game too, and your assassination move set has been expanded (a move that never got old in the first game). And from what Ubisoft have promised, the actual assassinations are a lot more varied and the missions leading to them are actually going to be exciting and more importantly, different from each other. So the previous games linear game progression is out the window and instead we get something muich better.

Also, Venice seems like a much more interesting and colourful setting than the middle east ever was, which was all different shades of yellow. And as can be seen from the demo, there's definitely a day/night cycle in there, so hopefuly we'll be able to use some real stealth in places. Very Happy

Oh, and let's not forget the story, which seems to be far more engaging than the previous plot and I can't wait to find out what's happening in the present and to Desmond, which is something people have forgotten about I think. Wink

All in all, I really do think this game is shaping up to be something spectacular. Very Happy

Wink
adamp105
Kudos: 9

PostPosted: 3 Jun 09 11:28 pm Reply with quote

Little Moth wrote:

As well as improved freerunning, you can now glide and swim.

This is good, this really annoyed me in the first game, (and games like Spiderman2) they can leap from tall buildings but splash a bit of water on them and they go all premadonna, don't wanna get their pretty suits wet!?!?!

Little Moth wrote:

And as can be seen from the demo, there's definitely a day/night cycle in there, so hopefuly we'll be able to use some real stealth in places. Very Happy

Stealth should be good. You know, being an assassin n all!!! Laughing

Little Moth wrote:

Oh, and let's not forget the story, which seems to be far more engaging than the previous plot and I can't wait to find out what's happening in the present and to Desmond, which is something people have forgotten about I think.

Good point. I wonder how good old Desmond is doing?
CrispyLog
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 4 Jun 09 12:24 am Reply with quote

To be honest, there was more stealth in Far Cry 2 with the scouting, being able to wait until night to attack, using silenced weapons and shooting ammo crates and starting fires to cause distractions.

There wasn't much stealth in Assassins Creed; just a case of running in, killing, then running out over rooftops. More GTA than Thief.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: