Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedFinal Fantasy VII on Euro PSN NOW - £7.99! Talk to us: http://bit.ly/W4Bl8
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
E3: Avatar gameplay video | E3: 360 maxed out, PlayStation3 isn't says EA | E3: Split/Second trailer shows speed | E3: PES 2010 movie | Activision "disappointed" by lack of price cuts | E3 2010 dates revealed | E3: MAG gameplay trailer | E3: DarkSide Chronicles movie | Metal Gear Solid PS1 dated for PSN | SingStar Take That is happening | Nintendo's summer schedule | E3: New Lost Planet 2 footage | E3: Mini Ninjas dev walkthrough | E3: Tekken 6 screenshot explosion | E3: Sony plans UMD replacement service | Metroid Prime Trilogy UK dated | Xbox Live: This week's content | New Nintendo downloads | Official PSN update list | E3: Rare working on Natal games | Activision sues Double Fine over Brutal Legend | E3: New Zelda - first image | EA: One billion players soon | E3: Miyamoto "not worried" about 360, PS3 motion tech | E3: THQ unveils FPS Homefront
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Games on Demand
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
E3: Sony plans UMD replacement service
View previous topic - View next topic  
feeg86
Kudos: 20

PostPosted: 5 Jun 09 12:50 pm Reply with quote

If its anything like PSN- good luck.
Black Mantis
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 5 Jun 09 12:54 pm Reply with quote

I can see this being a messy process, hopefully they'll prove me wrong.
flash501
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 5 Jun 09 1:09 pm Reply with quote

A good will programme? , I think a better name would be a 'the least we could do' programme, especially if the rumoured price of the go turns out to be true.
stonecold77
Kudos: 24

PostPosted: 5 Jun 09 1:26 pm Reply with quote

feeg86 wrote:
If its anything like PSN- good luck.

What's wrong with PSN?
lwill
Kudos: 35

PostPosted: 5 Jun 09 2:20 pm Reply with quote

This is exactly what everyone seemed to want/it fixes the problem that I know a lot of people had yet you're STILL complaining?

You're lucky they're even bothering, most companies would take a dump on you from a great height.
wrightandrewjame
Kudos: 24

PostPosted: 5 Jun 09 2:55 pm Reply with quote

To be honest I'm now more inclined to get the PSP Go to replace my PSP 2000 now they've said this. The price of the Go hopefully won't be as high as the retailers have quoted, but this good will programme may sway me considering the number of UMDs I have.
AJB123644
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 5 Jun 09 3:19 pm Reply with quote

So can I just ask how exactly Sony would identify as to what UMDs you own? It really could be messy if they do not figure out a way of transferring everything across.

Actually one could way would be to either send your UMDs to them or trade them in at a shop for a voucher to redeem for the UMD you just handed in.
Together we are strong and United we will stand. As PC Gamers come together United we shall be Victorious!
RandyChimp
Kudos: 13

PostPosted: 5 Jun 09 5:12 pm Reply with quote

I have a feeling they will just ask you to type in the serial code on the side of the umd box. or something. I dunno, its a flawed concept but the easiest way to sort it.
marcusr
Kudos: 8

PostPosted: 5 Jun 09 5:47 pm Reply with quote

will they just be replacing games or will it be movies too? if they replace both i would upgrade but if its only the games theres no chance as i have loads of movies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: