Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedThe A-Z of Gaming Twitters: http://bit.ly/OKv6Y
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
EU wants two year guarantees for games | United Front Games formed | Radio 1 does "Big Gaming Weekend" | Red Faction multiplayer demo out May 21 | Guitar Hero 5: First details | Mass Effect 2: First look | New MotionPlus movie | Guitar Hero: Modern Hits set list | New Unreal Engine pics | Golden Joysticks clears 150,000 votes | Wolfenstein 3D confirmed for XBLA | Ferrari Challenge DLC vids | NPD: US industry sales down 17 percent | TF2: Sniper's new toy revealed | Two "huge" announcements today | Video: New F.E.A.R. 2 DLC | This week's Xbox Live releases | New Nintendo downloads | First footage of new Tony Hawk game | Sega reveals new PS3, 360 RPG | New GTA IV DLC info "coming soon" | Take-Two sues over Duke Nukem Forever | Splinter Cell teaser movie | MMO Runes of Magic does a million | New Overlord Wii video
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Games on Demand
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Sony knows nothing about those slim PS3 pics
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic - View next topic  
big chief
Kudos: 34

PostPosted: 14 May 09 2:28 pm Reply with quote

That looks too ugly to be real.
Slacher007
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 14 May 09 2:28 pm Reply with quote

they could first redesign the triggers on the controller
Mmmmgrolsch
Kudos: 18

PostPosted: 14 May 09 2:30 pm Reply with quote

This is defo LOL day. Theyare rediculous how would any1 believe this is what a slimline would look like? I would safely put all my money on that this is not it!
svd_grasshopper
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 14 May 09 2:31 pm Reply with quote

bogus. look at the state of it.
KMakawa
Kudos: 17

PostPosted: 14 May 09 2:31 pm Reply with quote

If it does get redesigned, no doubt it will be like that ps3, ..They knew nothing about it, they sure do now, and will probably exploit it.
bennyboi1979
Kudos: 15

PostPosted: 14 May 09 2:37 pm Reply with quote

LOL it looks like road kill pffft
WHERESMYMONKEY
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 14 May 09 2:44 pm Reply with quote

it could be a prototype model. As in a bit of plastic with noting inside but this is what it'll look like type thing.

However from the look of the box, i'd say someones having a laugh.
jamieleng
Kudos: 19

PostPosted: 14 May 09 2:51 pm Reply with quote

Come on! It looks like it's been crafted from black Play-Doh using a steam roller.
voodoo341
Kudos: 37

PostPosted: 14 May 09 2:59 pm Reply with quote

It has just been announced on Sony.com, it's their 'Wii Fit'... to be unveiled at E3 with holographic personal trainer.

* may not be true.. in fact it isn't true
shiwayb
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 14 May 09 3:27 pm Reply with quote

The Picture on Engadget looks ALOT better and actually i wouldnt mind buying one of those...
purple101
Kudos: 12

PostPosted: 14 May 09 3:39 pm Reply with quote

er thats a disgrace, someone has photoshopped out the bottom half of the ps3,

the font is not the ame as sonys,

the box is wrong,

no one in china has a camera that poor quality. even on a phone.

layout of the box is wrong.

photo on box and product do not match

when showing the usb ports, at the back, the picture is very "dodgey" it could be from a laptop, router, or anything,

if some one was trying to prove, or announce before sony can get to it, there is a new model, then at least prove it properly, not with this shoddy bollox that i cud make in 5 mins.
Wozzakl
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 14 May 09 4:48 pm Reply with quote

You'd have to be pretty dim to think any of that's genuine Sony material.
NaththeNarc
Kudos: 26

PostPosted: 14 May 09 4:57 pm Reply with quote

Yup, totally agree with everyone. Clear fake but purple101,

"no-one in china has a camera that poor quality. even on a phone."

both ignorant and potentially racist, playing up to asian tourist stereotypes? and how per se would the layout of the box be wrong? Did you design it? Layout can be done in any way you want to do it, it doesn't have to match that of the original ps3.

but anyway, as I said, obvious fake.[/quote]
nigel666
Kudos: 15

PostPosted: 14 May 09 5:26 pm Reply with quote

Who would buy that crap! looks like one of my slabs in my garden.
ted1138

PostPosted: 14 May 09 5:40 pm Reply with quote

The pictures of the casing look to be only part of the console, there apears to be another part in the photo on the box, which is what it looks like when complete. As far as I can see it's genuine, as I'd imagine Sony would want to save as much money on production costs as possible, and making the consoles case out of fewer/cheaper parts is just what they would do. But who knows, maybe it's just a prototype, or it may just be designed for developing countries. Confused
Jensonjet
Kudos: 16

PostPosted: 14 May 09 6:11 pm Reply with quote

While I also don't believe it to be true. I agree that Sony have a better product design department that the effort seen in the photo, purple101, just how is the layout of the box all wrong? I understand cricism of the product itself, but box layout or typeface change for that matter, could well change in reality. And it should in my opinion. The Spiderman typeface always looked horrible. Really poor letter construction. I actually think the typeface used in the fake is an improvement!
ted1138

PostPosted: 14 May 09 6:50 pm Reply with quote

Why is everyone on this site so afraid of change? Remember the changes Sony made to the PS1 and PS2? Both were remodeled and rebranded, from "Platstation" to "PS", so why the shock at this? Rolling Eyes
jakis2col
Kudos: 17

PostPosted: 14 May 09 6:51 pm Reply with quote

It looks like some fat guy has sat on a normal PS3. It could be real judging by the box. Remember the first PS3 controller sony showed, everyone complained about it and then they changed it.
voodoo341

PostPosted: 14 May 09 7:21 pm Reply with quote

ted1138 wrote:
Why is everyone on this site so afraid of change? Remember the changes Sony made to the PS1 and PS2? Both were remodeled and rebranded, from "Platstation" to "PS", so why the shock at this? Rolling Eyes

I don't think anyone is afraid of change, expecially when those changes are just cosmetic. The problem is that mock up looks like s**t.
sweatyBallacks?
Kudos: 21

PostPosted: 14 May 09 7:33 pm Reply with quote

I've no doubt the pictures are real, but what is photographed here is some kind of counterfeit/fake PS3.

I mean China has the king of all fake/counterfeit industries.

Rumours and news is going mad these next few weeks as E3 looms.
ted1138

PostPosted: 14 May 09 7:59 pm Reply with quote

voodoo341 wrote:
ted1138 wrote:

I don't think anyone is afraid of change, expecially when those changes are just cosmetic. The problem is that mock up looks like s**t.

What "mock up"? All I see is a pack shot and some parts of the plastic casing in the photo's. Rolling Eyes
voodoo341

PostPosted: 14 May 09 10:00 pm Reply with quote

ted1138 wrote:

What "mock up"? All I see is a pack shot and some parts of the plastic casing in the photo's. Rolling Eyes

Shocked wow that's a seriously significant difference... I wont be calling a plastic casing a mock up ever again
oscar
Kudos: 24

PostPosted: 14 May 09 10:13 pm Reply with quote

its frakking ugly even mama won't love it.... cause it to damn ugly
The Bossman

PostPosted: 14 May 09 11:29 pm Reply with quote

LMAO, what a horrible, ugly-looking piece of s**t. I doubt Sony would approve those consoles when they look as fake and as tacky as that.
Jensonjet

PostPosted: 15 May 09 8:04 am Reply with quote

jakis2col wrote:
Remember the first PS3 controller sony showed, everyone complained about it and then they changed it.

Not everyone! I actually thought it could have been an improvement on that old thing Sony are too scared to change. It's the only reason I don't own a PS3. I have to use when I go over to a friend's place, but I don't enjoy gaming with it. The triggers, the size, the layout of the thumbsticks feel either poorly designed or awkward and uncomfortable to use. Clearly this isn't the case for all PS3 owners, and I assume Sony's next console will stick with this design too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: