Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedWarner Bids $33 Million For Midway - http://bit.ly/pVyzw
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
Overlord II media EXPLOSION | Warner bids $33 million for Midway assets | Heather Mills "demanded" to be in Bionic Commando | Saints Row 2 - new DLC | Xbox "TV" news next week | Publisher recalls Terminator PC | Burnout reveal tomorrow at 4pm (BST) | Red Faction multiplayer demo live | Pele does Wii Balance Board game | Another Splinter Cell teaser... | New Call Of Duty Map Pack screens | Kojima website updated with Raiden image? | New Killzone 2 DLC movie - 28 shots | Sony mulls over digital PSP rentals | Star Wars: Battlefront games discovered | TF2 gets free weekend, piss grenades | Spielberg: VR gaming to replace consoles | Alpha Protocol: Dev diary #3 | Carol Vorderman does fitness DS game | WiiWare is 'easier' than XBLA | Killzone 2 gets original maps | NFS Nitro: First trailer | Home gets Resistance space | Team Ico's 'Trico' leaked - amazing video | Blur: First trailer
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Games on Demand
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
The Sims 3 leaked online
View previous topic - View next topic  
Black Mantis
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 19 May 09 10:06 am Reply with quote

This will still be the best selling PC game for a while yet.
PMIKE5
Kudos: 22

PostPosted: 19 May 09 10:09 am Reply with quote

HAHAHAH!
59humbucker
Kudos: 21

PostPosted: 19 May 09 10:22 am Reply with quote

Bloody pirates.

It doesn't matter whether you like the sims or not, the fact that EA took the increasingly rare decision to not treat their paying customers as thieves and are rewarded this way is not good fo gaming.

I'm aware DRM doesn't work, but I'm not surprised publishers often choose to impliment it.
casperthedog
Kudos: 19

PostPosted: 19 May 09 10:51 am Reply with quote

Looking forward to this, got mine on pre-order, cant wait.
The_KFD_Case

PostPosted: 19 May 09 10:53 am Reply with quote

What I want to know is how this happens? Do hackers break in to company servers? Do some staff members leak the games? Both probably, and maybe other options too. This comes at a time when EA has announced that there will be no DRM with "Sims 3" nor with BioWare's upcoming "Dragon Age: Origins". I'm going to be uber PO'ed if that changes because of this. I detest DRM and it finally seemed like some sanity was returning to the publishers/developers. Hopefully my concern will turn out to be all for naught.
Robzy1990
Kudos: 14

PostPosted: 19 May 09 11:03 am Reply with quote

Hmmm...Get it now for FREE...or wait weeks for the UK release and PAY...I wonder. Rolling Eyes
KMakawa
Kudos: 17

PostPosted: 19 May 09 11:14 am Reply with quote

@ KFD_Case, it wouldnt be on the servers, thats a fact.
It would most likely of been a EA staff member that leaked it, or a store manager / store representative that put it up. It does happen -.-, unfortunately.
WHERESMYMONKEY
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 19 May 09 11:22 am Reply with quote

its more often than not people that work in stores that leak stuff as they often get the copies a couple weeks early.

Not sure how this will effect sales as a major part of the sims 3 is online play and unless you are a complete idiot you don't attempt to go online with a pirated copy of anything.

Maybe game sites should stop informing us when these things happen too. If you don't know somethings been leaked you're a lot less likely to download it before it comes out.
KMakawa

PostPosted: 19 May 09 11:45 am Reply with quote

True last sentence from above poster.
capsule_toy
Kudos: 13

PostPosted: 19 May 09 12:44 pm Reply with quote

I torrented it, but it was going so slow I gave up.

I got it off Megaupload instead.

HOWEVER, before any haters come to flame me, I still fully intend on pre-ordering the special edition from GAME, and buying the retail version.

I was just excited to get the chance to play it early, and so far, it's great. There's still some things lacking in terms of customisation and choice of clothes/items, but it's definately an improvement over Sims 2.

Very Happy
Black Mantis

PostPosted: 19 May 09 1:20 pm Reply with quote

capsule_toy wrote:

HOWEVER, before any haters come to flame me, I still fully intend on pre-ordering the special edition from GAME, and buying the retail version.

I was just excited to get the chance to play it early, and so far, it's great. There's still some things lacking in terms of customisation and choice of clothes/items, but it's definately an improvement over Sims 2.

Very Happy

Don't worry, I, and I suspect a few others, are in the same boat.
capsule_toy

PostPosted: 19 May 09 1:29 pm Reply with quote

Black Mantis wrote:
capsule_toy wrote:

Very Happy

I'm getting the special edition with bonus cars, textures, packaging, and the plumbob carabina 2GB usb keyring Very Happy
WHERESMYMONKEY
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 19 May 09 1:31 pm Reply with quote

I'M on a BOAT MUTHAFUCKA!!! GUAARRRR ME HARTIES!!!
capsule_toy

PostPosted: 19 May 09 1:33 pm Reply with quote

WHERESMYMONKEY wrote:

Sulu sulu!! Rolling Eyes
Black Mantis

PostPosted: 19 May 09 1:44 pm Reply with quote

capsule_toy wrote:
Black Mantis wrote:
capsule_toy wrote:

Very Happy

I'm getting the special edition with bonus cars, textures, packaging, and the plumbob carabina 2GB usb keyring Very Happy

Where are you buying it from?
The_KFD_Case

PostPosted: 19 May 09 2:12 pm Reply with quote

KMakawa wrote:
@ KFD_Case, it wouldnt be on the servers, thats a fact.
It would most likely of been a EA staff member that leaked it, or a store manager / store representative that put it up. It does happen -.-, unfortunately.

Interesting. In light of that perhaps the publishers would find that the resources the put towards ineffective DRM might be better invested in running their own retail outlets, or simply clamping down on existing retails as opposed to going after the faceless masses online? Food for thought.
daviddanut
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: 19 May 09 7:15 pm Reply with quote

What difference would publishers having their own retail outlets make? There's still humans selling it and managing the stock, and clamping down on existing shops releasing stuff onto the net would be nearly impossible. How do you prove it was them?

Probably the only way to catch a leaker would be to jump on a torrent as soon as it's on TPB or Mininova etc and get the IP of the only seeder.
3x Powercolour 4870
8GB 800mhz
1300W Tough Power
syphilis

PostPosted: 19 May 09 10:32 pm Reply with quote

WHERESMYMONKEY wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJXHmUzUdjE
themeteor
Kudos: 23

PostPosted: 21 May 09 8:12 am Reply with quote

hmm I might have to buy it now... was going to later down the line but I really want EA to sick to there low DRM diet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: