Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedThe A-Z of Gaming Twitters: http://bit.ly/OKv6Y
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
EU wants two year guarantees for games | United Front Games formed | Radio 1 does "Big Gaming Weekend" | Red Faction multiplayer demo out May 21 | Guitar Hero 5: First details | Mass Effect 2: First look | New MotionPlus movie | Guitar Hero: Modern Hits set list | New Unreal Engine pics | Golden Joysticks clears 150,000 votes | Wolfenstein 3D confirmed for XBLA | Ferrari Challenge DLC vids | NPD: US industry sales down 17 percent | TF2: Sniper's new toy revealed | Two "huge" announcements today | Video: New F.E.A.R. 2 DLC | This week's Xbox Live releases | New Nintendo downloads | First footage of new Tony Hawk game | Sega reveals new PS3, 360 RPG | New GTA IV DLC info "coming soon" | Take-Two sues over Duke Nukem Forever | Splinter Cell teaser movie | MMO Runes of Magic does a million | New Overlord Wii video
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Games on Demand
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Guitar Hero 5: First details
View previous topic - View next topic  
GTCzeero
Kudos: 7

PostPosted: 15 May 09 6:05 pm Reply with quote

That list fragment is slightly more exciting than GH: Modern Hits at least, Running Down a Dream is great, would've preferred the Hendrix version of All Along the Watchtower but the Dylan version is welcome too.
nottsville
Kudos: 37

PostPosted: 15 May 09 6:50 pm Reply with quote

Well....as a long time GH and RB fan, i can say that once and for all this seems like the death of the Guitar Hero franchise.

We had our moments (GH1+2), but now we must part.
WowComics
Kudos: 6

PostPosted: 15 May 09 10:44 pm Reply with quote

nottsville wrote:
Well....as a long time GH and RB fan, i can say that once and for all this seems like the death of the Guitar Hero franchise.

We had our moments (GH1+2), but now we must part.

It's never been the same (or as good) since harmonix when on their own thing.
Activision milking this franchise is much is becoming painful
online_fanboy
Kudos: 15

PostPosted: 16 May 09 4:24 am Reply with quote

im in a bit of a dilemma i just got a 2nd hand 360
its manufacturing date 2006 so it aint a jasper but
it has nxe installed and i dont have any storage devices so what is it????
joemikey
Kudos: 15

PostPosted: 16 May 09 9:51 am Reply with quote

Guitar Hero has always attracted me but the price tag is too much.

Shame.
Bravestar83
Kudos: 1

PostPosted: 16 May 09 12:33 pm Reply with quote

Best selling music game hmm. Not best though.
Had to purchase world tour to get springsteen dlc, not a patch on rock band.
There's never anyone online to make up a band.
As for Rock Moments i think Harmonix did them last year
RandyChimp
Kudos: 12

PostPosted: 16 May 09 12:38 pm Reply with quote

Guitar Hero was a novelty at first, but thats before I started hearing about people thinking they were suddenly good at guitar. When 3 came out, all I heard on the collage bus was "So yh, I was finishing expert mode this week and it was a bitch, but I pulled off the awesome solo on Iron Maiden. I couldn't have done it if I didn't practice!" As a guitar player, I find GH to be a pointless game that seems to be driving people into false dillusions of grandure about their musical abilities. Enough's enough! Stop making these games, they've had their day, people are taking them too seriously.
JojoMonkey
Kudos: 6

PostPosted: 17 May 09 6:09 pm Reply with quote

I hear ya , I play guitar too , I think GH is a fun game but I've been avoiding it eversince GH2 - I figured it'd be more productive to actually put all that time and effort into learning a real instrument rather learning to push buttons.
I did pick up RockBand2 a few days ago - just as some mindless fun to have with my girl .
It's a fun game, but it's just that , a game.
Gotta laugh when you come across someone who takes it too seriously..! XD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: