Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedBioShock 2 multiplayer by Digital Extremes: http://tinyurl.com/r9lcut
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
Capcom reports increased sales and profit | New Fuel video and screens | This week's Nintendo downloads | inFamous: Behind the scenes | Wii Sports the best-selling game ever? | BioShock 2 multiplayer by... Digital Extremes | Zen Pinball on PSN next week | Activision: Current console cycle has legs | SBK '09 demo on Xbox Live | Assassin's Creed II trailer on UK TV | Golden Joysticks smashes 100k votes | Sweet Contra Rebirth shots, date | MS: 'Pay attention to E3's Xbox announcements' | Fight Night Round 4: Latest video | Codies: "We've got the best F1 game ever" | PlayStation mobile "could happen" | 'Call of Duty' back in Modern Warfare 2 | Activision plots "reinvention of Tony Hawk" | Pokémon Gold/Silver remakes confirmed | Microsoft to acquire BigPark | Conduit dev does Astro Boy | New Grand Slam Tennis shots | Develop keynote speakers announced | Supreme Commander 2: First details | This week's PSN update
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Games on Demand
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
BioShock 2 multiplayer by... Digital Extremes
View previous topic - View next topic  
Zonf
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 8 May 09 4:14 pm Reply with quote

I was always skeptical about a bioshock multiplayer mode, but do you know what? That actually sounds quite good.
DrLucienSanchez
Kudos: 18

PostPosted: 8 May 09 4:16 pm Reply with quote

Can I just be the first to say...

*Sigh...*

Thank you.
Little Moth
Kudos: 26

PostPosted: 8 May 09 4:18 pm Reply with quote

Sounds like a multiplayer experience similar to COD 4's perk and weapon unlocking system, but with story (from Rapture's past) to boot... interesting. I guess this is what they meant when they said that Bioshock 2 will be a prequel and sequel.

I'm glad that the multiplayer side of things is being developed by Digital Extremes because it leaves 2K Marin to workon the singleplayer experience unhindered. Not bad.
WHERESMYMONKEY
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 8 May 09 4:34 pm Reply with quote

wow dare i say that actually sounds pretty bloody good. Moving development to a different studio for it was a good move too.

Bioshcok 2 is shaping up to be as good as the original but different enoug not to just be the same old same old.
Standard
Kudos: 16

PostPosted: 8 May 09 4:41 pm Reply with quote

If you put a buzzard in a pen six or eight feet square and entirely open at the top, the bird, in spite of his ability to fly, will be an absolute prisoner. The reason is that a buzzard always begins a flight from the ground with a run of ten or twelve feet. Without space to run, as is his habit, he will not even attempt to fly, but will remain a prisoner for life in a small jail with no top.
The ordinary bat that flies around at night, a remarkable nimble creature in the air, cannot take off from a level place. If it is placed on the floor or flat ground, all it can do is shuffle about helplessly and, no doubt, painfully, until it reaches some slight elevation from which it can throw itself into the air. Then, at once, it takes off like a flash.

A Bumblebee if dropped into an open tumbler will be there until it dies, unless it is taken out. It never sees the means of escape at the top, but persists in trying to find some way out through the sides near the bottom. It will seek a way where none exists, until it completely destroys itself.

In many ways, there are lots of people like the buzzard, the bat and the bee. They are struggling about with all their problems and frustrations, not realizing that the answer is right there above them.

Wink
o Raging Bull o
Kudos: 24

PostPosted: 8 May 09 5:12 pm Reply with quote

Standard wrote:
If you put a buzzard in a pen six or eight feet square and entirely open at the top, the bird, in spite of his ability to fly, will be an absolute prisoner. The reason is that a buzzard always begins a flight from the ground with a run of ten or twelve feet. Without space to run, as is his habit, he will not even attempt to fly, but will remain a prisoner for life in a small jail with no top.
The ordinary bat that flies around at night, a remarkable nimble creature in the air, cannot take off from a level place. If it is placed on the floor or flat ground, all it can do is shuffle about helplessly and, no doubt, painfully, until it reaches some slight elevation from which it can throw itself into the air. Then, at once, it takes off like a flash.

A Bumblebee if dropped into an open tumbler will be there until it dies, unless it is taken out. It never sees the means of escape at the top, but persists in trying to find some way out through the sides near the bottom. It will seek a way where none exists, until it completely destroys itself.

In many ways, there are lots of people like the buzzard, the bat and the bee. They are struggling about with all their problems and frustrations, not realizing that the answer is right there above them.

Wink

Any chance of your drug dealers number?
Mappman
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 8 May 09 5:17 pm Reply with quote

^
huh?
deanoz2
Kudos: 24

PostPosted: 8 May 09 5:29 pm Reply with quote

@Standard
Wow thats some deep sh!t you got there..........but interesting analargy(if thats how its spelt).

As for the subject.........roll on BS2 SOD, i can't wait!!!!
ukdruid
Kudos: 18

PostPosted: 8 May 09 5:37 pm Reply with quote

I found the comment "the fans asked for multiplayer" quiet funny as we all know it wasnt the fans that asked for it, it was the whiney little fps kids that asked for it that want MP in everygame or to them its not a complete game, real Bioshock fans saw what the game was and loved it for what it was.

BioShock didnt and imo still doesnt need MP, but atleast they are actually trying to do something special for it and not a bog standard fps TDM/DM crap.
liquid_metal
Kudos: 37

PostPosted: 8 May 09 6:02 pm Reply with quote

Bioshock multiplayer...

The franchise had such a chance to open up such a deep world, but instead they're pandering to the kiddy chav Halo crowd... again. Fun.
KMakawa

PostPosted: 8 May 09 7:32 pm Reply with quote

Analogy -- Smile (to the guy with the spelling) lol.
MrPirtniw
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 8 May 09 10:31 pm Reply with quote

Yes, that's right- the millions of people who enjoy Halo are teenage chavs. Rolling Eyes

May I suggest that comments made on the thread be typed by those of us with brains larger than a grape?

Aaanywho, I really enjoyed the first Bioshock... to a point. There are some excellent ideas/levels in the game but I found it got a bit... repetitive. The combat was a tad clunky too. Atmosphere was spot on though, roll on the sequel!
MrPirtniw

PostPosted: 8 May 09 10:31 pm Reply with quote

Yes, that's right- the millions of people who enjoy Halo are teenage chavs. Rolling Eyes

May I suggest that comments made on the thread be typed by those of us with brains larger than a grape?

Aaanywho, I really enjoyed the first Bioshock... to a point. There are some excellent ideas/levels in the game but I found it got a bit... repetitive. The combat was a tad clunky too. Atmosphere was spot on though, roll on the sequel!
Miss Marvellous
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: 9 May 09 8:15 am Reply with quote

By shocks not even a True FPS, so multi player = EPIC FAIL
dangermou5e

PostPosted: 9 May 09 10:05 am Reply with quote

Standard wrote:

Wink
Let me guess you've decided to stop snorting coke which made u rant and rave at any 360 thread and instead you've taken up smoking weed which has turned you very philsophical.
CURRENTLY PLAYING:Fallout 3, GT5, Lpb
---------------------------------------------
In the words of Valhalla "Its only a demo"
altitude2k

PostPosted: 9 May 09 1:22 pm Reply with quote

Standard wrote:

Wink

Wow...you can copy and paste. Give yourself a pat on the back:

Click Here
Standard

PostPosted: 9 May 09 2:02 pm Reply with quote

altitude2k wrote:
Standard wrote:

Wink

Wow...you can copy and paste. Give yourself a pat on the back:

Click Here

i didn't get it from there.

Wink
Jensonjet
Kudos: 14

PostPosted: 10 May 09 11:58 am Reply with quote

Nice one altitude2k.

So Standard, please explain what relevance a nature experiment has to do with the multiplayer side of Bioshock. I personally have no idea what you're on about, although I'm pretty sure, neither do you, but I can't wait to read your explaination. If quoting the reactions of animals in rather pointless situations was an attempt to sound clever, it didn't work... if it's aim was to confuse, well done, quoting irrelevant facts on a gaming forum do just that.

Back on subject... has anyone checked out the insults and anger flying about on other forums regarding multiplayer news on Bioshock 2? It's amazing how ridiculous some gamers are reacting to a feature they don't have to play if it doesn't suit them.
altitude2k

PostPosted: 10 May 09 12:27 pm Reply with quote

Jensonjet wrote:
Back on subject... has anyone checked out the insults and anger flying about on other forums regarding multiplayer news on Bioshock 2? It's amazing how ridiculous some gamers are reacting to a feature they don't have to play if it doesn't suit them.

Yeah, I saw your post over at Eurogamer, and you make a good point. Not only is it being developed by someone else so as not to interfere with the SP development, but it adds even more backstory to the game and the world of Bioshock. And at the end of the day, yes, if you don't want to play it, then don't play it. It's not as if the development of the MP has in any way hindered the SP.

I'm certainly unsure as to whether I will play MP, or in fact if Bioshock really needs it. But the fact that it has the main event - SP with the option to play MP can only be a good thing, right?
flash501
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: 10 May 09 1:13 pm Reply with quote

Jensonjet wrote:

Yeah, it was the same story when the multiplayer was announced for uncharted 2, I would understand the complaints if they had decided to make the main game coop only, but to moan because they are adding an entirely separate multiplayer mode seems a bit ridiculous to me.
Jensonjet
Kudos: 14

PostPosted: 10 May 09 6:21 pm Reply with quote

Exactly. Personally I'm not that bothered for adversarial games but I certainly don't care to deny people who enjoy this way of playing their fun. I've only played team deathmatch in one game on the 360 but I'd never suggest a game wasn't good because of multiplayer. The only people to blame for a game being poor are the developers. But getting angry and insulting to other gamers for being interested or open-minded about a game feature is unbelievable. Amazingly even given the chance to give worthwhile, logical or decent arguments on a forum they just resort to insulting others that disagree. Maybe this is why the developers say they're adding multiplayer because fans have asked for it... I guess fans who can communicate with a little intelligence are listened to and angry insulting ones are ignored.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: