Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedFallout: New Vegas - first details: http://tinyurl.com/dxxxks
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
UK: Wii Fit tops chart... again | Left 4 Dead Survival mode - new details | Stores selling adult games to kids | 360 gets 'Game Of The Year' bundle | PSP firmware 5.50 tomorrow | New PSP bundles get free Go!View subs | Skype "possible" for DSi | First Ghostbusters Wii trailer | New Red Faction: Guerrilla trailer | Fallout: New Vegas unveiled | ESA applauds Pirate Bay conviction | Commemorative McRae game "a misunderstanding" | Moore: MS and Sony to go beyond motion control | Pikmin 2: 162 new Wii screens | Killzone 2 patch on April 22 | Sega classics confirmed for XBLA? | Nintendo defends GTA: Chinatown Wars sales | Fallout... the TV show? | Hindu Society attacks PS2 game | Killer Instinct, Jet Force Gemini, Perfect Dark for XBLA? | How to create music with the DSi | L.A. Noire developer expands | Sacred 2 release date nears | New PDC Darts movie | PSP narrowly outsells DSi in Japan
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Games on Demand
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
First Assassin's Creed 2 info
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic - View next topic  
wudragon
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 14 Oct 08 4:11 pm Reply with quote

This game is what a next gen Tenchu should have been like, albeit in an ideal world.
Tenchu developers (if there are any) please take note!
dobby014
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 14 Oct 08 4:12 pm Reply with quote

I was playing the first one a couple of days ago, still a really good game, could do with more to do and varied missions though. But being able to swim is a start Razz
Turner495
Kudos: 24

PostPosted: 14 Oct 08 4:28 pm Reply with quote

Oh boy!
Now i can swin after flags in a time limit to get information! Rolling Eyes
Random Hangman
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: 14 Oct 08 5:06 pm Reply with quote

Turner495 wrote:
Oh boy!
Now i can swin after flags in a time limit to get information! Rolling Eyes

Yeah, agreed 100%.

More interesting gameplay is what's truly required, instead of:

Climb, climb, climb... Ooh, view! climb down, crap mini-mission, stab... Repeat...
kinobick
Kudos: 20

PostPosted: 14 Oct 08 5:10 pm Reply with quote

Great News!!! An even bigger city to run around with repetitive, restrictive missions that you can only do the way you're told to!! Can't wait. Stab run stab run stab run stab run FLAG stab run flashback computer generated cleavage etc etc.
Random Hangman

PostPosted: 14 Oct 08 5:12 pm Reply with quote

kinobick wrote:
computer generated cleavage etc etc.

Dammit! Forgot the cleavage! Razz
grf741

PostPosted: 14 Oct 08 5:22 pm Reply with quote

Don't buy it if you don't like it.

I enjoyed the first one and will follow the development of the sequel. Smile
iamthelloyd
Kudos: 12

PostPosted: 14 Oct 08 5:26 pm Reply with quote

Pulling people into the drink..... Where have i heard/seen that recently?....

Oh i know, i SAW it in the TGS '08 (Tokyo Game Show 2008) Developer Walkthrough videos for 'Tenchu 4' being developed for the Wii (check out www.gametrailers.com)

... and would you believe it, Tenchu 4 is gonna be published by Ubisoft, who'd a thunk it eh Wink are they testing the ground before incorporating certain game mechanics into the AC sequel do we reckon? especially as a lot more will be riding on it this time due to the 1st game no delivering on the hype.

To be fair Tenchu 4 looks pretty nice for a Wii game, if the vids are anything to go by
kinobick

PostPosted: 14 Oct 08 5:29 pm Reply with quote

Maybe if they spent less time on those boobs they could have put something to do in that vast baron landscape of nothingness between each city.
kinobick

PostPosted: 14 Oct 08 5:32 pm Reply with quote

Hey I didn't say that I didn't like it! But you have to admit that it was way, way, way over hyped. What's the point in freedom in games if you're following such a rigid set of rules all of the time?

Look at Hitman, you could approach the same mission from so may angles.
finty13
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 14 Oct 08 5:40 pm Reply with quote

This is great news Smile

I loved the first assassins creed and the whole modern day templar conspiracy thing it had going on.
lonewolf2002
Kudos: 35

PostPosted: 14 Oct 08 6:02 pm Reply with quote

I liked the first but more varied gameplay would be welcomed.
360 Lon3Wolf2002
PSN lone_WOLF2002
T12AV15

PostPosted: 14 Oct 08 7:00 pm Reply with quote

thought the first one was massively over hyped and was a really poor game, with so much promise that in my opinion didnt live up the 2nd one needs a massive overhaul to grab my attention.
T12AV15

PostPosted: 14 Oct 08 7:01 pm Reply with quote

thought the first one was massively over hyped and was a really poor game, with so much promise that in my opinion didnt live up the 2nd one needs a massive overhaul to grab my attention.
T12AV15

PostPosted: 14 Oct 08 7:01 pm Reply with quote

nottsville
Kudos: 37

PostPosted: 14 Oct 08 7:48 pm Reply with quote

I thought that the first game was just flawed.

It looked gorgeous, controlled well, basically everything that was in there was good....apart from the actual freedoms it gave you.

Sealing off bits of the city, crowd voices that repeated until you wanted to just turn the tv down, repetitive missions....bit's that are just not welcome in games this day and age.

Give me the entire city to control, missions i can so in any order i want...just basically leave ME to get on with it, don't hold my hand all the way through the game.
Random Hangman

PostPosted: 15 Oct 08 9:37 am Reply with quote

grf741 wrote:
Don't buy it if you don't like it.

I enjoyed the first one and will follow the development of the sequel. Smile

I think the point we're making is that the first one had the potential to be great but just didn't have the fun factor it should have done.

Saying "don't buy the sequel" before it's been made is like saying "If you don't like apple pie without cinnamon, don't buy apple pie", we're saying "ADD CINNAMON!!" (That is probably my most tenuous analogy ever, but I stand by it!) Wink
WHERESMYMONKEY
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 15 Oct 08 9:38 am Reply with quote

I LIKE FAKE FREEDOKM IN GAMES. KEEPS YOU FOCUSED. WHEN A GAMES COMPLETELY FREE, ALA CRACKDOWN IT GETS REALLY BORING REALLY FAST.
dark_gamer
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 15 Oct 08 9:39 am Reply with quote

Yay, glad to know you'll still be playing as Altair then Very Happy
59humbucker
Kudos: 21

PostPosted: 15 Oct 08 12:03 pm Reply with quote

Though assasins creed was flawed by a limited variety of mission types (probably as a result of the decision to rush it out, I think the environments and control mechanism was fantastic. The world created (bar the exception of parhaps too few recorded dialogues) was tremendous and the busy city streets were unlike anything I'd experienced.

If the team learns from the faults of the first game I think its more than capable of producing one of the finest games ever. I will be watching with interest and will almost certainly buy, though I'd like to see more use made of the present day stuff
csdaveuk

PostPosted: 15 Oct 08 12:17 pm Reply with quote

More is better than less. Can we have a garotte this time, please?

Oh, and a faked screen showing yer man pushing an anvil off a roof would be brilliant!
randomhero2

PostPosted: 15 Oct 08 1:30 pm Reply with quote

iamthelloyd wrote:

Oh i know, i SAW it in the TGS '08 (Tokyo Game Show 2008) Developer Walkthrough videos for 'Tenchu 4' being developed for the Wii (check out www.gametrailers.com)

... and would you believe it, Tenchu 4 is gonna be published by Ubisoft, who'd a thunk it eh Wink are they testing the ground before incorporating certain game mechanics into the AC sequel do we reckon? especially as a lot more will be riding on it this time due to the 1st game no delivering on the hype.

To be fair Tenchu 4 looks pretty nice for a Wii game, if the vids are anything to go by
randomhero2

PostPosted: 15 Oct 08 1:34 pm Reply with quote

iamthelloyd wrote:

Yeah but splinter cell 4 (also a ubisoft game) did it a couple of years ago and, to my knowledge, was the first to do it. so in theory as AC works on a similar principle then it's probably going to happen and will be far better than SC4's attempt. I enjoyed AC for the scope/design/polish but the missions did get a little boring at times so anything that gives it more to do is welcome as far as i'm concerned

King_Elshout

PostPosted: 15 Oct 08 8:25 pm Reply with quote

I do think the succes of the first part gives them room and confidence to explore new options and listen to fan input for the second one. I am definitely gonna check it out. I really liked the executions in the first part, but as mentioned above, getting info was pretty dull after a while and i think they know too. Also the super talented guards were pretty frustrating, my god they would have been pretty awesome assasins themselves.
Jigilojoe
Kudos: 1

PostPosted: 19 Oct 08 3:18 pm Reply with quote

I read somewhere that it's going to be set in modern day, would explain the weird ending
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: