Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedGTA: Chinatown Wars review LIVE - 92%
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsOut Now
Chronicles of Riddick dev diary | Final Fantasy XI expansion dated | Fallout 3: The Pitt trailer | Alpha Protocol: First look | Fight Night 4 - First gameplay trailer | Valkyria Chronicles DLC revealed | Left 4 Dead update released | New Guitar Hero: Metallica movie | Batman: Arkham Asylum trailer | Resident Evil 5 breaks records | Solid Snake forms new studio | Metal Gear Solid Touch priced, dated | House of the Dead swears its way into record books | Epic to demo "major Unreal Engine 3 upgrades" | 12 new Tekken 6 screens | £19.99: Halo 3, Mass Effect, PGR 4 | Developers call for PS3 price cut | Nintendo dates Punch Out Wii | Championship Manager 2009 delayed | Microsoft settles Xbox Live lawsuit | BioShock 2: First real details | White and silver DS Lite supplies "ceased " | Three Legends of WrestleMania movies | Sonic Unleashed DLC out | Beatles: Rock Band to feature unheard music
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Games on Demand
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Resident Evil 5 storms Japanese chart
View previous topic - View next topic  
StonecoldMC
Kudos: 36

PostPosted: 12 Mar 09 2:16 pm Reply with quote

Good numbers but to be expected really.

Ill be adding to the overall numbers tomorrow, I realise its had a hard time of late but it is Resident Evil and it wont be as bad as some are making out, right?
bennyboi1979
Kudos: 3

PostPosted: 12 Mar 09 2:27 pm Reply with quote

WOW shame the controls seem dated but worth a bash when it comes down in price!
Mark240473
Kudos: 35

PostPosted: 12 Mar 09 2:32 pm Reply with quote

I'm surprised that Yakuza 3 actually sold more in the first week than Resi 5 on the PS3.
wildhook2
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 12 Mar 09 2:41 pm Reply with quote

Mark240473 wrote:
I'm surprised that Yakuza 3 actually sold more in the first week than Resi 5 on the PS3.

Cos Yakuza 3 is PS3 exclusive, Mr Mark.

Would be a bit lower if sold on both consoles.
voodoo341

PostPosted: 12 Mar 09 2:54 pm Reply with quote

wildhook2 wrote:
Mark240473 wrote:

Cos Yakuza 3 is PS3 exclusive, Mr Mark.

Would be a bit lower if sold on both consoles.

That and Yakuza 3 is a better game.
Suivaloom
Kudos: 26

PostPosted: 12 Mar 09 2:59 pm Reply with quote

I think we'd all agree here that it is time MICRO$OFT withdrew that block from the Jap shelves. Those lilliputian Japanese are not brainless

It is getting embarrassing

in times of economic crisis humans becomes all protectionist and the foreigners are left on the outside in the cold

this is what we are seeing here

Let me tell you something else:

World-wide Top 5 Videogane sales

1 Killzone 2 718,332
2 Yakuza 3 355,392
3 Wii Sports 320,123
4 Wii Fit 270,664
5 Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce 223,136

so in short, there is concern of the poor sales of M$ games this year and I think their shares are plummeting
Mark240473

PostPosted: 12 Mar 09 3:23 pm Reply with quote

^^^

Oh no.
wildhook2
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 12 Mar 09 3:24 pm Reply with quote

Suivaloom wrote:
I think we'd all agree here that it is time MICRO$OFT withdrew that block from the Jap shelves. Those lilliputian Japanese are not brainless

in times of economic crisis humans becomes all protectionist and the foreigners are left on the outside in the cold

1 Killzone 2 718,332
2 Yakuza 3 355,392
3 Wii Sports 320,123
4 Wii Fit 270,664

so in short, there is concern of the poor sales of M$ games this year and I think their shares are plummeting

I think Square Enix will decide to release SOC4 and other JRPG games to PS3 this year.

Silly Square Enix!
StonecoldMC

PostPosted: 12 Mar 09 3:25 pm Reply with quote

Suivaloom wrote:

1 Killzone 2 718,332
2 Yakuza 3 355,392
3 Wii Sports 320,123
4 Wii Fit 270,664

Good Old Suiv, always good for a laugh Embarassed . You do realise that the Japanese market is not what it used to be and in the grand scheme of things being ahead in Japan for a few weeks (I dont know if its escaped your knowledge that the Wii has consistantly outsold the PS3?) then theres not much to write home about, is there?

When the PS3 is beating the 360 and the Wii regulary in the States that is when I will agree that the PS3 is on the way up. Until then Ill continue to p*ss my pants at every post you make. Carry on Loonball. Carry on Laughing .
BYDO
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 12 Mar 09 3:33 pm Reply with quote

God! Here come friggin rainman again!
_Marty_

PostPosted: 12 Mar 09 3:45 pm Reply with quote

My copy arrived today, and the controls don't feel half as terrible as they did on the demo, I'm pleased to announce. ANyone, enough posting, more playing - toodles Wink
WHERESMYMONKEY
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 12 Mar 09 3:47 pm Reply with quote

lol. i think that hits the nail on the head although i'd asay suiv was more waterboy than rain man.
flash501
Kudos: 13

PostPosted: 12 Mar 09 4:28 pm Reply with quote

humans becomes all protectionist

well said man!

Last edited by flash501 on 12 Mar 09 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
SpoonyRedMage
Kudos: 21

PostPosted: 12 Mar 09 4:31 pm Reply with quote

Wildhook I think you may be half right.

The Last Remnant should be going to the PS3 some time this year as the PC version's just been finished(and is apparently much better). FFXIII will be on the PS3 at the end of this year(with a demo next month?) and Tri-Ace are probably porting Star Ocean IV over now unless they feel a really, really strong allegiance to MS.
condemmedman
Kudos: 20

PostPosted: 12 Mar 09 6:00 pm Reply with quote

Suivaloom ARE YOU A SONY SHAREHOLDER ??
Its about time Sony started to lead the way they were the market leaders in the console/games business(plus its japan hardly a Microsoft stronghold .
You could maybe do with getting out and about and talk to real people maybe get some professional help ???
Sinthetic
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 12 Mar 09 6:25 pm Reply with quote

with RE and yakuza the japanese game market is slammin'. i wouldn't know which to play first. probably yakuza actually. we better get it here.
vulcanraven01
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 12 Mar 09 7:30 pm Reply with quote

SpoonyRedMage wrote:
Wildhook I think you may be half right.

The Last Remnant should be going to the PS3 some time this year as the PC version's just been finished(and is apparently much better). FFXIII will be on the PS3 at the end of this year(with a demo next month?) and Tri-Ace are probably porting Star Ocean IV over now unless they feel a really, really strong allegiance to MS.

Contrary to popular belief, Square Enix do not have some sort of love affair going on with 360.
The simple matter of the fact is they find it easier to develop for 360 and also want to break into the western market, and atm, 360 is the console to do so.
The Last Remnant (which is crap btw, do not buy), was always planned as multi-format. For whatever reason, PC and PS3 versions were held back.
FF13 won't be out in the US/Europe until next year.
Star Ocean 4 is probably a 12 month exclusive like Eternal Sonata was.

Back on topic, not exactly a shock to the system. 360's existence is only really noticed in Japan when a new JPRG comes out, giving it a spike in sales.
In terms of Resi 5, most fans orignate from Playstation, so it's only natural they would now be PS3 owners.
What'll be more interesting is if this trend is continued in the western market, where 360 heavily out numbers PS3.
spew69
Kudos: 11

PostPosted: 13 Mar 09 8:37 am Reply with quote

Resi 5 is great!!! Less Ammo in the full version (well so far which is great for the coop. Your there with nothing and your bud is saving your ass haha. And it is one of the nicest looking games Ive seen in a long time. Please play b4 your slag it off anymore!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: