Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feed200 Edge Covers. One at a time! http://tinyurl.com/c8vb9r
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsOut Now
200 Edge covers | Analyst: New GTA next year? | 13 new MadWorld screens | Eleven new Wheelman screens | 12 Afro Samurai screens | Virtua Tennis 2009: First trailer | Klonoa for Wii headed to Europe | Six new XBLA games dated | Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 movie | Metal Gear Solid Touch screens | PS3 tops Japanese hardware chart | Resi 5 Mercenaries mode movies | Guitar Hero: Greatest Hits - first look | MGO 'Scene' expansion date, price | Army of Two sequel confirmed | Ex-Midway bigwigs subpoenaed | New Xbox Experience going mandatory | UK MP calls for tough game ratings | 23 Pokémon Platinum screens | BioShock 2: First details | Square: Game storytelling can surpass film | Resident Evil 5 Mercenaries mode in video | Fallout 3 The Pitt: Screens | InFamous: More must-see footage | The Beatles: Rock Band dated
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Games on Demand
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Xbox Live gets "limited time" price cut
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic - View next topic  
steve_2003
Kudos: 34

PostPosted: 5 Mar 09 10:51 am Reply with quote

If it comes to the UK, that's great news.
Although it's a pain for those of us that have just had our subscription renewed (do we get a rebate or maybe an extra couple of months added?). Confused
Crow555
Kudos: 38

PostPosted: 5 Mar 09 10:58 am Reply with quote

Europe down to £35?

Forgive me for saying by anyone who was paying full price for live gold needs there head examined. Many online retailers were selling the cards for £35 to begin with and there's plenty of places that will email the code for £30 if you look hard enough. Bit of a nonstory this.
voodoo341
Kudos: 36

PostPosted: 5 Mar 09 11:02 am Reply with quote

You can get it cheaper than that if you surf around.
allygray69
Kudos: 15

PostPosted: 5 Mar 09 11:03 am Reply with quote

i got mine from a xbox live membership seller on ebay ages ago, think he was selling them for around £28
greenhell
Kudos: 22

PostPosted: 5 Mar 09 11:09 am Reply with quote

I just renewed mine off ebay, £28 for 12 months + 1 month.
wildhook2
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 5 Mar 09 11:12 am Reply with quote

Nah, no thanks!

It SHOULD be free like PC and PSN.
Lesbiana

PostPosted: 5 Mar 09 11:16 am Reply with quote

I just logged on to Xbox live via PC. My subscription has expired and ive been offered a new subscription for £34.99! For God's sake you can get a 13 month subscription for less elsewhere. Why don't Microsoft make it a little bit sweeter. £29.99.

I resent paying this enough as it is. The yanks are getting it for the equivalent of £25 quid. Why the disparity. Its not like Microsoft can blame the cost of production. Evil or Very Mad
Squall5005
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 5 Mar 09 11:16 am Reply with quote

If you sign up to Microsoft's Expert Zone can get all sorts of free stuff. I got the Wireless Adaptor, 12 Month Gold Membership and 2100 Microsoft points all for a fiver each. You do have to complete alot of rubbish quizes though.
WHERESMYMONKEY
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 5 Mar 09 11:19 am Reply with quote

Just google xbox Live subscriptions i got a 13 month one for £28. If you signed up for a discount one i think they just stick it on the end of your current subscription so you'd get next years for less.
Rodster
Kudos: 3

PostPosted: 5 Mar 09 11:31 am Reply with quote

Here in the US, most of the major retailers have recently put the 12+1 card on sale for $29.99 which is almost half off ($49.99).

I think MS is going to drop the price of XBL Gold in the near future.
SoulChimera
Kudos: 35

PostPosted: 5 Mar 09 11:33 am Reply with quote

Got to agree with everyone else. I got my last one off ebay for £22.
StonecoldMC
Kudos: 36

PostPosted: 5 Mar 09 11:41 am Reply with quote

I dont think any of my frineds have ever payed top dollar for thier Live subscription.
ParmaViolet

PostPosted: 5 Mar 09 11:42 am Reply with quote

Rodster wrote:
Here in the US, most of the major retailers have recently put the 12+1 card on sale for $29.99 which is almost half off ($49.99).

I think MS is going to drop the price of XBL Gold in the near future.

It's a tricky one this - but, I hope you're right.

On one hand, you have the fact that there is this constant revenue stream for MS - on the other, there is the fact that the competition provides a similar service for free...as those competing services get closer to the quality of Live, they have to start considering dropping the price.

It really wouldn't surprise me if the standard price did drop considerably - if the RRP was something like £25, imagine how much the likes of Jaspar1675 would sell it for....

Smile
_Marty_

PostPosted: 5 Mar 09 11:48 am Reply with quote

voodoo341 wrote:
You can get it cheaper than that if you surf around.

This is cheaper than Jasper1675. Good find Voodoo.

Just goes to show what a mockery this price drop is though, eh? When nigh on every post says that get it cheaper than that already.

Microsoft should either slash the price in half, which pee's off everyone that's just renewed (like myself), or just end the subscription cost entirely, and refund those in MS points to those that have lots of time left.
Del-007
Kudos: 13

PostPosted: 5 Mar 09 12:17 pm Reply with quote

lmao if i wanted to buy Gold i'd pay £27sh on ebay for 13 months!

I think live is getting worse, i used to love it but to download new demo's you need to pay the subscription or wait 7 - 8 days if your silver and stuff. Demo's are supposed to sell their software lol Just seems their limiting the purpose of a silver account every month. Wish it was free cause it's annoying buying full priced games and being limited to half of it on Xbox Sad and it's rare you get bots and stuff to play with (Bless gears 2 lol)
benedictm
Kudos: 21

PostPosted: 5 Mar 09 12:18 pm Reply with quote

Well, having both a 360 and a PS3 I happily pay for Xbox live as i think the service is head and shoulders above PSN and well worth the money.
Lesbiana

PostPosted: 5 Mar 09 12:24 pm Reply with quote

benedictm wrote:
Well, having both a 360 and a PS3 I happily pay for Xbox live as i think the service is head and shoulders above PSN and well worth the money.

There's always a fanboy who gets defensive and turns this around into a format war argument. No one is saying that LIVE features are bad, just that for some of us, we would rather not pay so much. Maybe you are one of those people who just have to ask and your daddy and he farts out money from his bum, but not all of us are that lucky.

Confused
VirtualCrack
Kudos: 20

PostPosted: 5 Mar 09 12:34 pm Reply with quote

Crow555 wrote:
Europe down to £35?

Forgive me for saying by anyone who was paying full price for live gold needs there head examined. Many online retailers were selling the cards for £35 to begin with and there's plenty of places that will email the code for £30 if you look hard enough. Bit of a nonstory this.

Never mind £30 even. I bought 13 months for £22.50 off Ebay. I later got an email from Ebay saying they had banned the guy from selling on there for violating their terms and conditions. I think that's because he was only providing codes - no hard copy.
Brian Bloodaxe
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 5 Mar 09 12:35 pm Reply with quote

My local Game are selling Gold subs for £30 when you buy points at the same time.
Del-007

PostPosted: 5 Mar 09 12:43 pm Reply with quote

Yeah that's another thing tho too this is difficult times too for money and when you eventually get money to yourself and live equals the price or depending where you get it exeeds the price of a brand new game and i know what i would rather have.

If they insist on charging us i'd rather they charge £19.99 for a year cause you can get the same experience for free on PC and argubaly the same on PSN for free also.

Unless Sony add Cross Game Invites and Chats (only thing missing that live has got) then i don't think MS will consider a change in xbox live price plan which is a shame i do like Xbox Live to.
Del-007

PostPosted: 5 Mar 09 12:44 pm Reply with quote

VirtualCrack wrote:
Crow555 wrote:
Europe down to £35?

Never mind £30 even. I bought 13 months for £22.50 off Ebay. I later got an email from Ebay saying they had banned the guy from selling on there for violating their terms and conditions. I think that's because he was only providing codes - no hard copy.

wow that's a great deal! and Neutral Was it a Classified Ad? or something like that cause am sure if they put the biddin delivery thingy on classified then technically they can get away with just selling the codes via email.
lonewolf2002
Kudos: 34

PostPosted: 5 Mar 09 1:00 pm Reply with quote

13 months 28.99 elsewhere online, this is not a good deal M$oft but then again not a lot of your extras are, I'm looking at you extortionately priced HDD's, Wireless adaptors.
360 Lon3Wolf2002
PSN lone_WOLF2002
svd_grasshopper
Kudos: 26

PostPosted: 5 Mar 09 1:04 pm Reply with quote

120 months. £0.
smegpot
Kudos: 5

PostPosted: 5 Mar 09 1:16 pm Reply with quote

120 months.How much fun,functionality and smoothness?
dweebosh
Kudos: 26

PostPosted: 5 Mar 09 1:22 pm Reply with quote

svd_grasshopper wrote:
120 months. £0.

...0 quality games.

Sorry couldn't resist!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: