Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
GamesForumsCheatsOut Now
Japanese hardware sales drop again | What your Xbox 360 dashboard could've looked like | Faith and a .45 on hold | Wanted: Weapons of Fate movie | Two new WiiWare releases | Batman Arkham Asylum: New trailer | Video: Fear 1 vs. Fear 2 | Sony preps £2m Killzone ad campaign | Sony: "We're still on target" | DSi for Europe in "spring-summer" | See Killzone 2's incredible intro | PSN update: LBP and Mirror's Edge | Ensemble signs off | Disney cuts jobs, drops Turok sequel | Epic to fix 'unplayable' Gears PC | World At War double XP weekend | Ten Snowboard Riot screens | How to get Halo's Mythic Map Pack early | Wii's "roaring growth" over? | Don King Boxing Wii, DS in March | New Jumpgate Evolution screens | Tarantula vs. scorpion movie | Three new Halo Wars shots | Activision advertises job to 'retouch screenshots' | BattleForge dated for March
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Games on Demand
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Total War delay confirmed
View previous topic - View next topic  
KC_Majic
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 14 Dec 08 10:20 am Reply with quote

A multiplayer campaign mode is possibly the most exciting games news I have heard in years! The series is awesome but like FM has only been making small steps forward each new game; this time with proper naval battles and a multiplayer campaign mode Empire should be great.
Jellybeans
Kudos: 23

PostPosted: 14 Dec 08 12:55 pm Reply with quote

god yes
right time to buy a graphics card
The_KFD_Case
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: 14 Dec 08 1:54 pm Reply with quote

Hm. Sounds nice enough but I'm not buying Empire: Total War for the multiplayer function. I adore the TW franchise for it's single player campaigns and that's why I'll be buying this game. Too bad an internet activation is required (I think it works like Steam where you register once and then can activate "offline" mode) - sucks for those who don't have an internet connection.
Ringot
Kudos: 4

PostPosted: 15 Dec 08 2:33 pm Reply with quote

The_KFD_Case wrote:
Too bad an internet activation is required (I think it works like Steam where you register once and then can activate "offline" mode) - sucks for those who don't have an internet connection.

LOL I love it... so where do you get your pidgeons from? What kind of bitrate do they have? I imagine that's how you posted your comment after all... oh of course your at work/college and don't have the net at home :'(
Bobscrap
Kudos: 11

PostPosted: 19 Dec 08 11:03 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
Too bad an internet activation is required (I think it works like Steam where you register once and then can activate "offline" mode) - sucks for those who don't have an internet connection.

Apparently it will work like a normal Steam activation.

Unfortunately I only have access to the Internet at work and will be adding this game to the list off all the other Steam games and all those released this year with 'activation' to the pile I won't be able to buy. Shame as it was looking like a good game and I enjoyed the last 2 total war games. Oh well its their loss I suppose. There are still plenty of games out there for people like me without an Internet connection or who object to 'activation'.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: