Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedDSi gets UK launch date: http://tinyurl.com/bfgmhr
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsOut Now
Dirt 2 "pushing the boundaries" of PS3, 360 | Another studio formed by ex-Ensemble staff | First shots of Fallout 3's Pitt | Sony:‭ ‬21‭ ‬million PS3‭‬s sold worldwide | Tomb Raider DLC coming next week | Chronicles of Riddick trailer is stunning | Dirt 2: Multiple DLC packs planned | Last Remnant PC out March 20 | Awesome new Resident Evil 5 trailer | MS investigating Xbox Live hacks | Exclusive Halo Wars movies | Street Fighter boosts PS3‭, ‬360‭ ‬sales across Japan | Singularity: Time powers demoed | Empire: Total War demo today | SingStar wireless mics revealed | Jumpgate Evolution screens, trailer | New Overlord II video and screens | Overlord Minions shots | Operation Flashpoint video, screens | Overlord Wii movie | New Fuel screens look nice | EA does American McGee's Alice sequel | EA Sports Active coming in May | FIFA 09 Ultimate Team trailer | Mirror's Edge DLC arrives
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Games on Demand
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Empire: Total War demo today
View previous topic - View next topic  
AegisK
Kudos: 18

PostPosted: 20 Feb 09 1:05 pm Reply with quote

Steam, check. 4pm, check. Americans, check!

Yep this is definitely on my download list. We haven't seen a good RTS since EndWar, and now we have Empire and Dawn of War II in the works. I'm still mad at EA for messing up RA3.
caodonnell
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: 20 Feb 09 1:41 pm Reply with quote

I agree with the first poster about C&C I dont think I will ever buy one of those titles again been burned to many times now but what I really want is Company of Heroes 2 and to a lesser extent Homeworld 3.

I am looking forward to Empire I have to admit. Am I the only one who thought that Medieval II was not as good as Rome?
The_KFD_Case
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 20 Feb 09 1:58 pm Reply with quote

This is easily my most anticipated title of 2009! To the poster above me, I find that the Roman Empire setting has a particular feel to it that generates a unique appeal. I suspect that's one of the reasons so many people are fascinated by the Roman Empire's history and why it's continually popular to revisit. That said, I much prefered the slick and more nuanced/responsive controls and options of Medieval II over Rome and thus I prefer the former over the later in the long term.
Graham_Bark
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 20 Feb 09 2:22 pm Reply with quote

Whats with this annoying trend of demos coming out on Steam lately? The university network blocks Steam completely, so I guess I'll be giving this a miss.
Wilzy

PostPosted: 20 Feb 09 2:45 pm Reply with quote

It'll be out on gamershell I gaurantee you :O) and I agree Medi II wasn't as good as Rome, maybe though I felt because I played/completed rome, long, and I was all empired out when Medi II arrived, so I didnt play it a lot, now I have had a break, I think I might be ready for another go at an empire game! Co-op also should be fun.
sag2xc
Kudos: 34

PostPosted: 20 Feb 09 5:17 pm Reply with quote

Downloading Empire now!!

I to thought that Rome was better than Medieval2. For me Rome was perfect, in Medieval2 I found that my cavalary AI just wasn't as good and that the horses never did exactly what I wanted them to.

That said I really enjoined the Kingdoms expansion pack for Medieval2.

I've got great expectations for Empire but I'm sure CA will not disappoint
shineeluv
Kudos: 2

PostPosted: 20 Feb 09 5:36 pm Reply with quote

this...is...awesome Exclamation although my comp can'y play empire:total war, ill find some way to play this demo Twisted Evil
JackAttack
Kudos: 15

PostPosted: 20 Feb 09 7:36 pm Reply with quote

i pre-bought this and i cant f**king wait!
demo downoloading now Very Happy
R@b!d B@dger
Kudos: 2

PostPosted: 20 Feb 09 7:42 pm Reply with quote

Everyone must be downloading at the same time I'm only getting 58.2KB/s on steam Laughing
Can't wait to play it tho. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Rome was better than Med 2 coz it had less faff. The crusades didn't really have any affect there was no back and forth between nations fighting over Jurusalem. Rome had the civil war which if you were spread to thin caused you to have a major war. Med 2 would have been better if it had speciffic goals to achieve like the original did.
CrispyLog

PostPosted: 20 Feb 09 9:38 pm Reply with quote

It's better the demo coming up on steam, I remember scouring the internet for the Medi II demo when that came out and then everywhere that had it had a massive queue to download and a p**s poor download speed!
hobbity)j
Kudos: 1

PostPosted: 21 Feb 09 7:33 am Reply with quote

Well after waiting for the download (eating up 2gb of my monthly quota, silly aussie broadband is 5 years behind the UKs) it crashed when i tired to change the display settings and is well a bit glitchy...Sad

training was fun but the navel battle had me annihilated in a confused mess, I hope i get the hang of this! The land training was average and the game crashed for the 5th time at the beginning of the land mission. anyone else having this problem?

have pre ordered and beginning to worry that the land battles will be boring.

check on yougamers and my system is above min requirements.
Uzi77
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 21 Feb 09 1:33 pm Reply with quote

Much preferred Rome over MedII.

As for the demo, good, but like above I got annihilated on the Naval battle; and thus far I prefer the ground battles. They have sorted out must of the crap elements from MedII (cavalry charge, etc) and units die a bit quicker, found it frustrating on MedII that everything felt like they had 2HP. Much more realistic I think, units don't last long at all under gunfire. Very Happy

As for the naval battles, I guess time and practise will be the key. I CTD the second time I tried the naval battle.

I don't know about anyone else, but the loading times seem quite long, even quitting to the menu takes a while, and with no restart option for the battles, its a pain in the ass retrying them.
JackAttack
Kudos: 15

PostPosted: 21 Feb 09 1:35 pm Reply with quote

yeah whenever i try to play the land battle tutorial the loading screen gets half way, aand then the audio kicks in and a guy i cant see starts telling me to "select your unit". Sad

Anybody know whats wrong? Question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: