Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedBeans for tea
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsOut Now
L4D Survival Pack: New mode, campaigns revealed | Scene It? Box Office Smash gets DLC | Bionic Commando finally dated | Sega scoops Winter Olympics | Killzone 2 demo LIVE | Wallace & Gromit headed to XBLA | Sega reveals Virtua Tennis 2009 | Scolari signs for Football Academy DS | Three new PSP colours for UK | Bad Company 2 revealed | Home 1.10 update today | Hawx dated | ODST signals the end of Halo 3 | Tekken 6 movie, screenshot update | Euro Killzone pre-orders top 1.1 million | R-Type Dimensions | First Wiiware FPS promises "new standard of FPS" | First Watchmen: The End is Nigh shots | Reeves: "We simply have to suffer a little" | Capcom reports net income fall of‭ ‬95% | Free Radical renamed Crytek UK | EA shares surge in wake of cost cuts | Tomb Raider DLC dev diary | Time Crisis on iPhone - now | Battlefield: Bad Company sequel confirmed
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Games on Demand
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
First Resident Evil 5 review in
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic - View next topic  
Demoki
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 2 Feb 09 6:46 pm Reply with quote

surprised, first resi evil game that made me think they made a turd
BigBoss987
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 2 Feb 09 6:56 pm Reply with quote

Downloading Demo........
DeejUK
Kudos: 36

PostPosted: 2 Feb 09 7:12 pm Reply with quote

I thought the demo was purest pants; a deeply disappointing GoW wanna-be.

It's gonna take something quite special to convince me to part with cash for RE5, which is a shame because I had been looking forward to it before playing the demo.
spud-o
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 2 Feb 09 7:14 pm Reply with quote

does the US OPM ever give a big game anything less???? not that the game wont be excellent but i would never trust those payed off wankers in a million years
roger4000
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 2 Feb 09 7:15 pm Reply with quote

i have all resi games and i have to say being a number 1 fan the demo left me feeling a little worried. after the perfect wii resi 4 this felt a little and looked a little gears of war type stuff. i hope i'm wrong and they've kept the huge game play levels and hours upon hours of lush graphics and gameplay / exploration that was resi 4 and not gone all out for online playability like cod 4. i've seen the same fate with the latest tombraider. fantastic graphics but to be completed in 6 hours is not value in my book. all thse games (like gears) look great but for are always far too short. i'm sure though it will be fine. Confused
roger4000

i have all resi games and i have to say being a number 1 fan the demo left me feeling a little worried. after the perfect wii resi 4 this felt a little and looked a little gears of war type stuff. i hope i'm wrong and they've kept the huge game play levels and hours upon hours of lush graphics and gameplay / exploration that was resi 4 and not gone all out for online playability like cod 4. i've seen the same fate with the latest tombraider. fantastic graphics but to be completed in 6 hours is not value in my book. all thse games (like gears) look great but for are always far too short. i'm sure though it will be fine. Confused
roger4000

TezChi
Kudos: 11

PostPosted: 2 Feb 09 7:18 pm Reply with quote

I think the game is terrible (from the demo and trailers), and Im a huge RE Fan.

Then again I expected high reviews, it is a shooter after all. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Black Mantis
Kudos: 23

PostPosted: 2 Feb 09 7:20 pm Reply with quote

I only spent ten minutes with the demo, but first impressions weren't that good. It felt clunky, but I'll try again and amend the controls to see if that helps.
MACacd
Kudos: 21

PostPosted: 2 Feb 09 7:31 pm Reply with quote

Ok, played it through 5 or six times on both levels and the RE structure has aged badly.

The frustrations i had with RE4 (which i really love) are still here in RE5. Stop aim shoot, stop aim shoot just doesn't cut if for me any more.

It must be because Dead Space has spoiled me. Everything that Resident Evil did badly Dead Space refined to such a degree that some of resident evils biggest floors are Dead Spaces biggest pluses. Something as simple as walking and firing make dead space far superior than RE5. Compared to Dead Space the RE5 control system is antiquated.
ginsin
Kudos: 37

PostPosted: 2 Feb 09 7:34 pm Reply with quote

Review already? Still over a month til the game is released. Good to see it getting high marks anyway, it's my most anticipated game probably of this gen.

"RE5 does a great job of mixing gameplay styles to create a sense of pacing that flows between high octane shootouts to more subdued, eerie exploratory sequences..." - sounds like they've got the mix right in a similar way the 4th game did. Cool!
mw123
Kudos: 20

PostPosted: 2 Feb 09 7:49 pm Reply with quote

i downloaded the demo last week and wasn't that impressed but when i first started playing resi4 it didn't do much for me to start with but when i got more into it it was superb so i will wait until its released to really pass judgement
BIGAL-1992
Kudos: 19

PostPosted: 2 Feb 09 8:21 pm Reply with quote

To be honest, I think Dead Space is a better Game then resi 5, mostly because it's a much scarier game, trust me , dead space with PS3, HD TV and Surround sound is a frighting experience. But Resi 5 was just like Gears2 in a bizarre. I'll skip resi 5 for Killzone 2, a much better game.
skidpro
Kudos: 6

PostPosted: 2 Feb 09 8:34 pm Reply with quote

Maybe the PS3 has soome superior control system as the demo on 360 sucks, the controls suck, you cant run and gun, you cant turn fast and fire, u cant do sod all, you cant duck & cover, its pants...I cancelled my preorder, so the PS3 version must have a a different control system, like AITD...AVOID RE5, get L4D yeah rocks!
voodoo341
Kudos: 35

PostPosted: 2 Feb 09 8:51 pm Reply with quote

Black Mantis wrote:
I only spent ten minutes with the demo, but first impressions weren't that good. It felt clunky, but I'll try again and amend the controls to see if that helps.

Yeah going to agree with that. gave the demo a go and it's totally put me off the game now.
kennlou
Kudos: 17

PostPosted: 2 Feb 09 9:45 pm Reply with quote

its resi it plays like resi whot did you expect!!!
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Lingio
Kudos: 4

PostPosted: 2 Feb 09 10:57 pm Reply with quote

i just played the demo and ,
well;
firstly, the graphics are absolutely amazing, i honsetly dont think ive seen anything quite as polished as them on the playstation 3 so far, that will be overcome with killzone 2 next month [Cannot wait]
anyway to the gameplay,
i found it good, but the movement was too slow , and the camera seemed to not go where i wanted,
just too clunky,
the most annoying thing i found was that i ran out of ammo way too easily,
i will give the demo another play through, and it may grow on me, but at this moment in time, i wont be purchasing.
hope i helped.
RandyChimp
Kudos: 7

PostPosted: 2 Feb 09 11:32 pm Reply with quote

anyone who says that this game is a GoW wannabe is a f**king retard. Its essentially the same controls as Resi 4 which was out before Gow, so f**k you.

Downloading the demo as i type this, looking forward to it, played it on my mates ps3 the other day, it was pretty awesome.
akaSp3rt3cus
Kudos: 3

PostPosted: 2 Feb 09 11:42 pm Reply with quote

How can u complain aba Res5's clostraphobic alies and limited ammo its survival as stage 1 of the demo proves....the graphics are laser sharp on the PS3.....and yes the x360 version does seem clumsey especial with those triggers and slow motion with the analogue movement ......i set mine to the max. on sensitivity and stil found the default setting on the Dualshock3 alot more responsive...If u hav a PS3 NO DOUBT BUY THIS GAME
The Kool Kid

PostPosted: 3 Feb 09 12:27 am Reply with quote

I thought this game was going to be balls but after playing the demo I am in love. I love how frantic it is searching for every last bullet while running away from zombies and a boss! But I do agree with the controls being wonky, the guy moves like a Hummer!

I must get this game...
T12AV15
Kudos: 26

PostPosted: 3 Feb 09 12:59 am Reply with quote

First complaint is it took me just over 2 and a half hours to download the demo! (must have a problem with my internet)

Secondly i have always and still do describe resi 4 as the best game i have ever played! However i feel underwhelmed by resi 5 so much is makes me upset. Even little things like clicking the start button on the main menu, to hear a different voice saying 'resident...evil...5'. The whole menu setup also seems very arcadey.

Maybe its just that i havent played resi 4 for so long but it seems that the controls have aged so badly. Yes dead space has already spoiled resi 5 by allowing us to move and shoot which becomes annoying after several attempts to move chris through an open door with my gun pointed and ready, only to find him stuck to the floor like glue.

I dont like the whole thing with enemies spewing from all different angles, it makes the game feel clumsey and unnecessary. Plus I hate the fact you have a partner, this should be for online or offline co-op only in my opinion. I mean how ridiculous is it when shes being grabbed by an enemy and chris' attempt to help her is just to punch through her into the zombie.

I may just be nit picking but resi 4 was epic, even though i miss the resi's of old, 4 was still magical and yet 5 seems so clumsey, i can only hope that playing through from start to finish will make me think otherwise, but with new people creating this resi it feels as though they have taken some of the magic away.

I will say it looks superb though!
blind_fools
Kudos: 9

PostPosted: 3 Feb 09 4:09 am Reply with quote

2 and a half hours and your complaining.
i had it on for 2 hours last night and 4 hours this morning and its only at 92%.
sony realy needs to pull there finger out of there ass and update there servers.
and no its not my internet speeds i downloaded Ubuntu wich is around 1.4 GB and it only took me 75 minutes.
360_Fan
Kudos: 16

PostPosted: 3 Feb 09 8:15 am Reply with quote

Sony fanboys already saying it is superior on the ps3 without even knowing what its like on the 360. Someone says the demo is crap, well they must have played it on the 360 because nothing on the ps3 is crap. This is just getting sad.
Sinthetic

PostPosted: 3 Feb 09 9:28 am Reply with quote

gears of war, how?
i really was disappointed at the start, but now after having played it for a few hours and having completed both levels, i can safely say it is going to be really great. i think people who are moaning about it probably haven't got the flow together yet, give it time!

once you drop the executioner and chainsaw man, it is a damn good feeling. just you wait and see.
i do agree about dead space taking the p**s out of it, but then ds was an unbelievably brilliant effort very influenced by RE4.

so here's hoping 5 follows suit and surprises us with it's power in march. i've ordered my special edition steelbook version and i'm excited.
Dajmin
Kudos: 37

PostPosted: 3 Feb 09 10:42 am Reply with quote

I don't get the comparisons with Gears at all; Resi is an entirely different animal. Other than maybe the viewpoint.

That said, I was left entirely un-grabbed by the demo. I really enjoyed Resi 4 on Wii and my little brother loves the Cube version, but I just couldn't get into this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: