Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
GamesForumsCheatsOut Now
Lips setlist updated | DSi and Wii on fire in Japan | 41 Street Fighter IV screens | Dawn of War 2 movie | LBP: MGS level pack next week | Core gamers helping to combat recession | Sony: Shoddy machines won't grow the market | DS screen maker accused of price-fixing | Your vehicle in Banjo-Kazooie! Here's how | LBP goodies head PSN update | QuakeCon 2009 detailed | Duke Nukem Forever: New image released! | Crackdown sequel steps closer? | Broken Sword classic hits Wii, DS | Street Fighter II HDR breaks records | Source: Free Radical locked up | SimCity released for iPhone | Football Manager Live dated | SingStar gets wireless mics | Williams PSP shots | New Outrun XBLA, PSN game revealed | Top DJ debunks DJ Hero tie | Two new Resi 5 movies | New Wheelman footage | New Bionic Commando shots
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Games on Demand
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Guitar Hero "has not peaked"
View previous topic - View next topic  
_Marty_
Kudos: 34

PostPosted: 18 Dec 08 12:21 pm Reply with quote

Isn't this more likely to be down to stiff competition from Rock Band now? Guitar Hero has ruled the roost for a long time, and there weren't really any alternatives for people to get.
Dajmin
Kudos: 36

PostPosted: 18 Dec 08 12:22 pm Reply with quote

We need a single article that has all of the analyst comments in one so that we can see exactly how much utter utter b*llocks they spout.

One says one, one says the opposite - obviously one of them is going to be right. Anyone can make a prediction on a 50/50 bet. Watch this 100% factual and irrevocable statement:

Consoles will continue to sell well, or will drop out of the market entirely by 2009.

See what I did there? That doesn't make me a marketing genius; that makes me a complete fraud. It's all non-specific claims of such vagueness that they might as well be printing f*cking horoscopes.
seancuk23
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 18 Dec 08 1:05 pm Reply with quote

I have never bought a Guitar Hero game, I just don't see the point since I have a real one anyway!
svd_grasshopper
Kudos: 18

PostPosted: 18 Dec 08 2:12 pm Reply with quote

money spinning garbage.

so long as theres mugs out there and music/bands to sign then it wont peak.

total waste of money.
POIZONED APPLEZ
Kudos: 14

PostPosted: 18 Dec 08 2:33 pm Reply with quote

Well, let me see:

1) Rock Band has already established a huge fanbase for itself. It also releases new DLC each and every week, whilst GHWT only manages to do a couple of new songs now and then when it feels like it.

2) Activision are continously milking the life out of GH and it's affecting it's credibility and sales. Why on earth are people, who have just spent over £150 on the GHWT bundle, going to spend the same amount of money for the same game next year? What is it with Activision and their franchise milking systems? Plus, they release stupid "expansions" which they advertise as standalone games when in reality they're not. Plus, there are tonnes of DS GH games that seem to be released like no tomorrow. Activison have a role in GH downfall.

I know that If I was going to choose between RB and GH, I would choose RB, simply because their selection of tracks is incredible and constantly updated, whilst GH isn't.
_Marty_
Kudos: 34

PostPosted: 18 Dec 08 3:08 pm Reply with quote

POIZONED APPLEZ wrote:
Well, let me see:

1) Rock Band has already established a huge fanbase for itself. It also releases new DLC each and every week, whilst GHWT only manages to do a couple of new songs now and then when it feels like it.

2) Activision are continously milking the life out of GH and it's affecting it's credibility and sales. Why on earth are people, who have just spent over £150 on the GHWT bundle, going to spend the same amount of money for the same game next year? What is it with Activision and their franchise milking systems? Plus, they release stupid "expansions" which they advertise as standalone games when in reality they're not. Plus, there are tonnes of DS GH games that seem to be released like no tomorrow. Activison have a role in GH downfall.

I know that If I was going to choose between RB and GH, I would choose RB, simply because their selection of tracks is incredible and constantly updated, whilst GH isn't.

/seconded
I 100% agree on all points.
CYBORGchimpish
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: 18 Dec 08 3:25 pm Reply with quote

Thirded.
Eyhren
Kudos: 24

PostPosted: 18 Dec 08 3:31 pm Reply with quote

In terms of gameplay, the series peaked at GH2. GH3 was very poor in comparison and I can't bring myself to play it any more. Don't even get me started on GHWT, the fetid turd of a "game" Laughing You can't tell if it feels s**t because of the poor programing or the broken controllers. Now that they've released WT, there's no going back to the old just-guitar format. It was completely unnecessary to try to compete with RB. It's very clear that while RB is a brilliant game and is definitely worth a good play, it's not very economical and doesn't make much money, whereas GH3 sold to the masses because it was appealingly whorish about it's difficulty and audience range. Sorry, I might be a little biased but I really do hate activision that much after what they did to my beloved GH Very Happy
fastrez
Kudos: 11

PostPosted: 18 Dec 08 4:24 pm Reply with quote

Perhaps if Activision had a steady stream of decent downloads of single songs, as opposed to forcing people to spend 400MS on 'track packs' then they might see good growth in term on DLC/Add-on sale, they might bridge the gap a bit.

Guitar hero downloads are shambolic at best.
nottsville
Kudos: 36

PostPosted: 18 Dec 08 6:32 pm Reply with quote

POIZONED APPLEZ wrote:

2) Activision are continously milking the life out of GH and it's affecting it's credibility and sales.

That's Activision all over. The whole reason they dropped the Ghostbusters game is that the CEO said he can't turn it into a franchise.
Miss Marvellous
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: 18 Dec 08 9:26 pm Reply with quote

GH2 was the peak of the GH franchise, and the series decline is by no coincidence linked to when Harmonix left the franchise to make Rock Band.

GH3 was ok but not a patch on 2, Aerosmith was a p**s poor cash in and Metallica is going to be just the same.

World tour was the last GH game I'm buying the track list was shocking, the charts v poor, Drums just don't work due to the silly star power activation and vocals just inconsistent.

RB is the Place to be now, you get the original team that made GH,and constant DLC of a high quality
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: