headphones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Extreme Drumming Forum Index // Live Sound/Recording
View previous topic :: View next topic  
excursur
Telal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: headphones Reply with quote
im lookin for some headphones to play to cds with, so i can hear the music and the drums. what are some good isolation headphones in the $50 range? i dont really wanna spend more than that. anyone had any expierence with the vic firth ones?
DoomAxe
EDN Webmaster/Forum Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have the VIc Firth ones.. they are great, but in only a year and a half of constant usage, I broke one side off and now I don't hear a left channel with the music... but they did work excellent when they worked.
Imp

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you want a set of headphones that are cheap cheap, buy a pair of regular safty isolation muffs, and a pair of those little earphones that you stick in your ears. Stick em in your ears, put the safty phones over top, so the cords just go inbetween the headphone and your neck, and viola. They work suprisingly well.
Suffokator
Anal Annihilator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Halluci_n8 wrote:
If you want a set of headphones that are cheap cheap, buy a pair of regular safty isolation muffs, and a pair of those little earphones that you stick in your ears. Stick em in your ears, put the safty phones over top, so the cords just go inbetween the headphone and your neck, and viola. They work suprisingly well.

rather the vic firth ones. i have them and their great.
i used to use the system halluci_n8 recomended but the earpluggs keep falling out of your ears.

but you cant the vic firth with 50 bucks. 100 euros in finland...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
anarchist_tomato
Utuk Xul

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
vic firth make headphones? i use sennheiser 212 pros, whch are about 120 australian dollars, maybe about 70 bucks in the us. these are particularly good, because apart from the nice sound (it'll take a few weeks to wear in, they're a bit bright to begin with), the chord is replaceable. the chord is always the frist thing to go with headphones, and it's usually chuck out time.

so what would you rather, fairly crappy sound for fifty bucks, and replacing them again in a year, or 70 bucks, nice sound, and getting maybe ten years out of 'em if you treat 'em right? the cable thing is a life saver!
LifedrummingDeath
Destroyer Of Senses

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
anybody here ever use metrophones ? headphones with a metronome built right in? i know people that have and absolutely love them but do you?
onionrings
Telal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK I'm a month late on this one, but I like these http://www.quietheadphones.com/. Pricey, but they do a great job of keeping outside noise out. I used the metrophones, but they didn't keep out as much exterior noise so they have to be played at a higher volume.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Extreme Drumming Forum Index // Live Sound/Recording All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: