WFD SUMMER WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS ANNOUNCED.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Extreme Drumming Forum Index // General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jazzmatt
Sinner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: WFD SUMMER WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS ANNOUNCED. Reply with quote
Here is the new promo material for the Summer WFD Championships to be held July 27-30 at the Austin, Texas Convention Center.

http://www.extremesportdrumming.com/previous/NAMM/summer07/summernamm07upcoming.htm

Competitors and spectators without NAMM passes are cool to attend, because Austin WFD occurs in the convention center lobby where a NAMM pass is not required. Usually for some reason the hands competition is rougher in the summer and the feet comp is monstrous at Winter NAMM. I haven't heard about any of the big guys competing in the feet comp, but that doesn't mean that won't be the case. I do know however that the hands comp is shaping up nicely with really strong people.

If you think you have these kinds of skills and live close by you might want to consider competing as a walk on. A lot of times the people everyone thinks are going to win don't do as well, while many of the name drummers end up just observing after thinking they will compete. It wouldn't be the first time an unknown not favored to win has won. I'm certainly the example of that. Also remember that former champions can't compete for the prizes, and as always it's a lot of stuff.

Come drop by to see Johnny Rabb, Mike and me before you go into the exhibition hall. I'm looking forward to NAMM like always. Summer NAMM is cool to me because it's friendlier and smaller. Anaheim sometimes is pretty overwhelming.

See you there,

Matt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Extreme Drumming Forum Index // General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: