Studio Rings Live?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Extreme Drumming Forum Index // Live Sound/Recording
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Necrocopter!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Studio Rings Live? Reply with quote
Does anyone else use their studio rings even when they are playing live? I keep my on, just because I am so use to the sound that it sounds weird when I am playing without them. But I can't hear them with a crowd sort of perspective, so I don't know if they sound bad, or different live. Can someone shed some light?
I,MONARCH
Sinner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you're micing live you shouldn't have a problem but if you are relying on your toms to carry out to the crowd I wouldn't recommend the studio rings. They kill all resonance and that weird ring you hear behind the kit is what carries out to the crowd. It doesn't sound weird out there.
Necrocopter!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alright..Sometimes we play at places that don't mic toms, other times we do. I will keep that in mind. Thanks. Smile
lastditch
Sinner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well your snare is gonna sound alot less airy and have no ring or overtone.if you want a tight flatter sound live go for the ring.I only use it to record.and I even forgot it last time I recorded.sucked.hit up the banner below and bear witness to the Larsesque bell snare.lol. Hell Yeah!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Extreme Drumming Forum Index // Live Sound/Recording All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: