Looking back

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Necrocopter!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Looking back Reply with quote
First off dude, I love Emperor and Zyklon. Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk is one of my favorite albums of all time.

Can you look back, and listen to your early albums, and then listen to your newer work, and tell that there has been major improvement, if any? Is there a song that you can look back on, and say 'I can do so much better than what I did', or a song where you were like 'Goddamn, I kick ass'? Thanks.
samydavis
Sinner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm interested in the answer Razz
Trym
Imp

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would say its been a gradual process, with probably the Frost album with Enslaved as the first album that I felt my improvement from the album before. But I do feel I am able to play all that stuff from Anthems etc better today. I have better stamina, and can play way faster than what I could when we recorded Anthems. And during all these years of playing live, I feel more controlled than before. But when I think back and remember how we did things back then, its crazy. We always got drunk in studio, or at least the day before, and on tour I cant remember anything but drinking. So it was a wonder that we actually was able to play those songs at all.
Necrocopter!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Haha... Anthems is an amazing album, but my favorite release is the live Emperor dvd. Amazing playing, man. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Extreme Drumming Forum Index // Trym All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: