Spider-Man Action Figures

WWE Action Figures

home

Go Back   NEWSARAMA > NEWS

Old 06-29-2007, 03:19 PM   #1
MattBrady

GREEN LANTERN: SINESTRO CORPS SPECIAL GOES BACK TO PRESS FOR SECOND PRINTING

Press Release
fter selling out at DC Comics just one day after its instore date, GREEN LANTERN: SINESTRO CORPS SPECIAL #1 is being sent back to press for a new, second printing.

GREEN LANTERN: SINESTRO CORPS SPECIAL #1 Second Printing (MAY078264) features a updated version of the cover by artist Ethan Van Sciver with Parallax in the foreground, and is scheduled to arrive in stores on July 18.

To ensure delivery on July 18, retailers must place orders by Sunday, July 8. Please note that quantities will be limited and may sell out before July 8. Retailers may order these issues by contacting their Diamond Customer Service Representative or DC Sales Representative, or by email at reorders@diamondcomics.com .

In addition, upcoming issues tying into the "Sinestro Corps War" are available as follows:

* GREEN LANTERN #21 (MAY070159) is available for advance reorder and is scheduled to arrive in stores on July 11.

* GREEN LANTERN CORPS #14 (MAY070161) is available for advance reorder and is scheduled to arrive in stores on July 25.

* GREEN LANTERN CORPS #22 (JUN070195) is solicited in the June Previews and is scheduled to arrive in stores on August 8.

* GREEN LANTERN CORPS #15 (JUN07196) is solicited in the June Previews and is scheduled to arrive in stores on August 22.

* GREEN LANTERN #23 (JUL070203) is solicited in the July Previews and is scheduled to arrive in stores on September 12.

* GREEN LANTERN CORPS #16 (JUL070204) is solicited in the July Previews and is scheduled to arrive in stores on September 26.

* TALES OF THE SINESTRO CORPS PRESENTS PARALLAX #1 (JUL070205) is solicited in the July Previews and is scheduled to arrive in stores on September 19.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:12 PM   #2
scarlettspiderg

Kyle as Parallax, kinda reminds me of "the story comes full circle".

Excellent read.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:18 PM   #3
foxhound09

this was so good i may pick up all the tie-ins now
Old 06-29-2007, 06:54 PM   #4
Electrohead

Dammit Spoiled again!!!
Old 06-29-2007, 07:20 PM   #5
Grievous

im humbled by the sucess of this story,

truely Glad i bought 3 copies of it now.

Kudos to all parties involved.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:56 PM   #6
nightw1ng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grievous
im humbled by the sucess of this story,

truely Glad i bought 3 copies of it now.

Kudos to all parties involved.
why 3 copies?
Old 06-29-2007, 08:06 PM   #7
Kerouac

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightw1ng
why 3 copies?

Because the comics industry is currently going through a do-over of the '90s...and that means the speculators are back.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:57 PM   #8
Knowbrainer

They are? Where are they? I'll scare them off!
Old 06-30-2007, 12:59 AM   #9
Kerouac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowbrainer
They are? Where are they? I'll scare them off!

Would you? That'd be great.

In all seriousness though:

Editorially-driven storylines, a deluge of "events" and their incessant flood of tie-ins and related mini-series, multiple covers, a reliable monthly barrage of ill-conceived and short-lived new titles, and grim-n-gritty themes as far as the eye can see.

What decade does that sound like to you?
Old 06-30-2007, 02:01 AM   #10
Dennis K

You know, I LOVED this issue. No complaints about the story or art or anything.

But this second printing annoys me in two ways:

1)Spoiling part of the ending right on the cover. Why do companies do this so often lately?

2)I'd rather have a recolored/pencil sketch variant than a "page photoshoped over the original cover" variant. Kyle is now both on the cover being evil, and on the cover being impaled.
Old 06-30-2007, 05:34 AM   #11
Inferiority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerouac
Would you? That'd be great.

In all seriousness though:

Editorially-driven storylines, a deluge of "events" and their incessant flood of tie-ins and related mini-series, multiple covers, a reliable monthly barrage of ill-conceived and short-lived new titles, and grim-n-gritty themes as far as the eye can see.

What decade does that sound like to you?

You're ignoring the main thing that made the 90s what they were.

The comics were bad. They were driven by popular-but-______ art and non-existent storylines. Right now, in terms of pure quality, comic books are better than they've ever been in the history of the medium. It's a Golden Age of quality.

Also, I don't really see that many short lived titles. The Irredeemable Ant Man was recently canceled, true, but that book completely defies anything 90s at all and is certainly not "ill-conceived." Some books sink, but overall there's a lot of books maintaining audiences despite the fact they aren't big names (The Immortal Iron Fist is one of Marvel's best books, for example).

Also, saying the speculators are back is a very strong statement, disproportionately strong compared to the truth. We're a long way off from the 90s man. Not even close.
Old 06-30-2007, 05:46 AM   #12
eloso

WOW! 3 Copies!

It's not that he bought 3 copies. It's the fact he needed to tell everyone how smart he was for doing so.Great job! Glad you told the world! Did you enjoy the book 3 times more than the rest of us? Why buy stocks or bonds when you can buy Sinestro! No one cares, pal.

And oh yeah, the book was pretty damn good too. Dave Gibbons backup!
Old 06-30-2007, 06:14 AM   #13
Ion27

Game Over Heroes

What a great issue! I honestly don't see how just the GL Corps (what's left of them) are going to take on Superboy Prime, the Anti-Monitor, Parallax, and Sinestro himself. It took all of the heroes in the past to take on the first three alone in a combined effort. All of them together!? /gasp
Old 06-30-2007, 09:38 AM   #14
lfhobbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferiority
You're ignoring the main thing that made the 90s what they were.

The comics were bad. They were driven by popular-but-______ art and non-existent storylines. Right now, in terms of pure quality, comic books are better than they've ever been in the history of the medium. It's a Golden Age of quality.

Also, I don't really see that many short lived titles. The Irredeemable Ant Man was recently canceled, true, but that book completely defies anything 90s at all and is certainly not "ill-conceived." Some books sink, but overall there's a lot of books maintaining audiences despite the fact they aren't big names (The Immortal Iron Fist is one of Marvel's best books, for example).

Also, saying the speculators are back is a very strong statement, disproportionately strong compared to the truth. We're a long way off from the 90s man. Not even close.

Well said !!!

I hate that when the comic industry does poorly its the "end of the medium as we know it" and then when the comic industry starts doing better and better there is a run of people that doomsay it as the return of the 80's-90's speculator market.

I managed a store back then and I own a store today .... (damn thats kinda sad...really I had a life somewhere in the middle there, I just kinda forgot it) but the market now is completely different. As inferiority said very wisely comics are story driven now while back then the vast majority of people didn't even open the book.
I remember back then a customer (that had 200+ comics on his pull list) coming in for his 10 copies of Shadowhawk # 2 - I asked him if he enjoyed the issue 1 and he (I'm paraphrasing a bit here "Oh I don't read them - comics are for kids, I'm just putting them away for 5 years so I can sell them for 50 bucks each"

While today (at least in our store where we are getting new customers every week) each one of them is coming back and talking about the stories last week and what they should get into if they liked Thunderbolts for example. The industry is a completely different animal. Just look at Graphic Novel sales - that is the signing mark - we are selling more and more GNs they I would have ever imagined - in the last 18 months we have gone from having a 5 foot stretch of wall (bookstore style) to an over 20 foot stretch, and I'm thinking of expanding it again. We sell more Walking Dead trades here than the individual comics (12 vs 9). The difference here is people are reading...becoming fans and enjoying themselves and not putting the comics away to buy a house next year.

Now onto the comic at hand - congrats guys - this was one of the best comics DC (heroes) has put out in ages - I was starting to loose hope in the direction of the universe but this has got me excited about the possibilities (That main Sinestro Corps group is THE force in the DC right now - let alone the normal members) - GREAT work by all involved - if you haven't read this comic go out and get it - you won't regret it.

James
Old 06-30-2007, 11:08 AM   #15
STL

Oh Kyle, oh Kyle, oh Kyle. I suspected as much originally when I first read the solicitations for September. But as much of a Kyle fan as I am, I think it'll make his character all the more interesting. Like someone else said. Full Circle.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:16 AM   #16
Kerouac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferiority
Right now, in terms of pure quality, comic books are better than they've ever been in the history of the medium. It's a Golden Age of quality.

Wow.

Based on those statements alone, there's not really any point in arguing with you. I will say, however, that '90s comics fans thought the same damn thing.

Glad you're enjoying the books. I respectfully disagree, but that's irrelevant.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:10 PM   #17
J.D. Lombardi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eloso
It's not that he bought 3 copies. It's the fact he needed to tell everyone how smart he was for doing so.Great job! Glad you told the world! Did you enjoy the book 3 times more than the rest of us? Why buy stocks or bonds when you can buy Sinestro! No one cares, pal.

lol I'm a sucker for a good zinger. This was well said and pretty funny.

About that cover though...Kyle's face looks pretty bad. Is he distorted or something in the issue?

Also, I just ordered my comics today online and Midtown still had the first print listed on the site. I'll never fully understand what "sold out" means anymore.
Old 06-30-2007, 07:55 PM   #18
cookiejar

...after collecting comics for over 25 years...and seeing trends come and go, and now repeat themselves...the only problem with buying 3 copies of a book...

is that it takes up the space of 2 other books you (might have) enjoyed.

Speculators are back?! Ask any of them who bought mult. copies of Capt. America #25 how their 'investments' are working for them...
Old 06-30-2007, 10:13 PM   #19
NeroMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion27
What a great issue! I honestly don't see how just the GL Corps (what's left of them) are going to take on Superboy Prime, the Anti-Monitor, Parallax, and Sinestro himself. It took all of the heroes in the past to take on the first three alone in a combined effort. All of them together!? /gasp

his fear of Bart might help take out Superboy Prime
supergirl might help against the monitor, as the past version of kara did
parallax - donna's still alive, so if anybody can get through to kyle, it's him
and sinestro- hal has a history of getting sinestro to run home
Old 07-01-2007, 01:45 PM   #20
boy_renegado

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D. Lombardi
lol I'm a sucker for a good zinger. This was well said and pretty funny.

About that cover though...Kyle's face looks pretty bad. Is he distorted or something in the issue?

Also, I just ordered my comics today online and Midtown still had the first print listed on the site. I'll never fully understand what "sold out" means anymore.

sold out means that diamond doesn't have any more, but your LCS or B&N or where ever probably has more.
or not. that's why we end up with second printings.
and then people hop on newsarama and see that not only is it sold out, but it's going for a second printing! and that's equivalent to two words, my friend: hot cakes.

but, even without all the hype [which i will now contribute to] it's a damn fine read and deserves to sell like nothing short of pancakes [even at a five dollar price tag].
Old 07-02-2007, 04:12 AM   #21
Ion27

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeroMan
his fear of Bart might help take out Superboy Prime

Great idea and I was thinking the same with the exception of Bart "appearing" to be dead. Dunno if Wally is going to be enough. The Speed Force has yet to be revealed as to how it "works" now since Bart is gone. Can't wait though! Plus Kyle can't stay Parallax, knowing that Sinestro was behind his mom's death ... oh man, revenge x 100 is coming =þ
Old 07-02-2007, 10:49 AM   #22
EmeraldGuy32

Kyle makes such a badass paralax.