Spider-Man Action Figures

WWE Action Figures

home

Go Back   NEWSARAMA > NEWS

Old 06-29-2007, 09:47 AM   #1
MattBrady

KIRKMAN'S TECH JACKET COLLECTED IN AUGUST @ IMAGE

Press Release
This August Robert Kirkman's lost science fiction classic, TECH JACKET, returns in a collection reprinting the entire first series in color for the very first time.

Many fans associate Robert Kirkman with his hit superhero series INVINCIBLE, but he first made readers take notice with a six-issue miniseries involving a boy and his battle armor: TECH JACKET. Zack Thompson was an ordinary teenager until his family was thrust into the center of an alien civil war. When things looked at their worst Zack was fused against his will with a battle vest capable of granting him infinite power.

"TECH JACKET has always been a big favorite of mine," Kirkman says. "Zack's not like a typical comic book teenager. He's far from a big dork or a wealthy heir. His family is working class - just like most people out there. In fact, he's probably the creation of mine I relate to the most."

While TECH JACKET was available as a color collection overseas, this marks the first time North American fans will be so lucky. Besides that, Kirkman is jam packing the collection with exclusive sketches and a personally written introduction.

TECH JACKET, VOL. 1: THE BOY FROM EARTH (JUN07 1906), a 144-page trade paperback with a cover price of $14.99, is available for order now in the August issue of Previews and will go on sale August 15.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:18 AM   #2
grphxkindaguy

Tech Jacket was a great book that I bought as a black & white mini-digest a couple of years ago. It may be time to upgrade it to this color version...

If they're calling it Volume One, is a Volume Two in the works?!?

Wasn't the cover concept used already on one of the first Invincible tpbs?
Old 06-29-2007, 01:11 PM   #3
1genxer

I bought this story originally in issue format. While it is pretty good, Kirkman has definitely improved as a writer. The story is fun, and good for all ages. I would really like to see more comics with concepts like this one.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:30 PM   #4
DuncanHines

Tech Jacket was the shizz-nit!

I loved this book. My first Kirkman book, and it definitely was a hint at what was to come from this guy. Tech Jacket reads like a really good Green Lantern reboot pitch. Like Ultimate Green Lantern. And he looks like the Guyver. Cool book.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:27 PM   #5
DarkKnight1013

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphxkindaguy
Wasn't the cover concept used already on one of the first Invincible tpbs?

That cover concept is used on all the Invincible trades now. The covers are uniform, with the title character in teh forefront and color bars with other characters in the background.

I picked this up in the original black and white colelction, and now I'm tempted to pick it up in color.
Old 06-30-2007, 05:59 PM   #6
Bruce Vain

I enjoyed this series, but it was really notable for me because it was the first time my older son, now 11, showed an interest in a comic series that wasn't a licensed property (Star Wars, Transformers, etc.). He LOVED this book...

...and the fact issue #6 ended with a promise to "see you all next month" and a back-cover add for issue #7 with Zack vs. "The Scavengine" (Coming May 2003!) still burns us both. Any reference to TJ as a "mini-series" seems a little like retroactive spin-doctoring.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:36 AM   #7
Goldenboy

Thank ____! I've not been able to get the original TPB or issues anywhere. Cheers Image!

And it's in colour now, which is a bonus. And it's using the Invincible packaging format, which is a nice touch too =]
Old 07-02-2007, 11:17 AM   #8
jza1218

Sadly, there's no mention of EJ Su on that press release