Spider-Man Action Figures

WWE Action Figures

home

Go Back   NEWSARAMA > NEWS

Old 06-19-2007, 10:57 AM   #1
MattBrady

NOVA #3 SOLD OUT @ DIAMOND

Press Release
Marvel is pleased to announce that Nova #3 has sold out at Diamond (though copies may be available at the retail level), marking the third straight sell-out from this brand new series! With ties to both the wildly popular Initiative storyline and the acclaimed sci-fi epic Annihilation, Nova tells the story of the galaxy’s remaining member of the Nova Corp—Richard Rider—a young Earthman sworn to protect the universe with his incredible power. In the first three issues of the acclaimed series, Nova confronted Iron Man, fought the Thunderbolts and dealt with personal fallout from Civil War. So what’s next?

“Wow, that is great news, we'd really like to thank all the fans who are sticking with us for the thrill ride that is NOVA!” said writers DnA. “And to those who haven't joined the fun yet, what's keeping you? You've already missed out on alien battles with bugs from space, confrontations with Iron Man, a toe-to-toe slugfest with the Thunderbolts, plus all the fallout from the demise of the New Warriors and the rise of the Initiative!!”

“A tip of the Nova helmet to all the readers who have joined us on the ride so far,” added editor Bill Rosemann. “Writers Dan Abnett & Andy Lanning, penciler Sean Chen, inker Scott Hanna, colorists Guru eFX, letterer Cory Petit and cover artist Adi Granov have fused together into the galaxy’s most powerful creative team – and just wait until you see the awesomeness that they’ll unleash as Rich rockets into Annihilation: Conquest! Just who is the woman shown in the preview art? Find out in Nova #4…that is, before it sells out!”

As Nova returns to space, joining other heroes in the hotly anticipated Annihilation: Conquest, Marvel urges retailers to check their orders on Nova. It’s the book that caused Blake M Petit of Comixtreme.com to declare, “I’ve enjoyed every page of this book so far, and I can’t wait to follow the man called Nova into Annihilation: Conquest.”

Please note that at this time, Marvel has no plans to go back to press on Nova #3.

NOVA #4 (MAY072105)
Written by DAN ABNETT & ANDY LANNING
Penciled by SEAN CHEN & BRIAN DENHAM
Cover by ADI GRANOV
Rated T+ …$2.99
FOC—6/21/07, On-Sale—7/11/07
Old 06-19-2007, 11:06 AM   #2
jonnynyc

congrats
great series
Old 06-19-2007, 11:25 AM   #3
Ace

Nothing but good news.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:14 PM   #4
Zeitgeist

Who would ever have though that a Nova series could be this good?
Old 06-19-2007, 01:05 PM   #5
Prometheus3

Thumbs up

This is fantastic news. Congratulations to the creative team in their success. This is one of my top Marvel books right now.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:36 PM   #6
Thephanboy

This is another fun read from Marvel. Last issue was a tear jerker with the well written interaction between Nova and his father. Made it seem real with what they went through with the Civil war and the registration and having a son with powers. thought this issue was done well and look for the tie ins with the sequel to annihilation.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:55 PM   #7
Kolimar

Thumbs up

Excellent news. I guess this guarantees a healthy run for a while.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:58 PM   #8
Kolimar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist
Who would ever have though that a Nova series could be this good?

I'd say most Nova fans would have. I certainly did.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:12 PM   #9
Speedball93

I am thinking that this is a great time for fans of Nova and of the New Warriors. Both books should enjoy long runs this time around.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:13 PM   #10
stentremix

As someone who had virtually no idea who Nova was, i picked up issue 1 after seeing a preview in New Avengers 28 or 29....

Since then, Nova has been at the top of my pull list, caused me to go back, and buy (and preorder in the case of book 3) the Annihilation HCs, and has taken a character that I would have dismissed before, and made him my current favourite. I have only one word for that:

Bravo

P.S. I cannot freaking wait until the Annihilation Prologue hits...and I wonder who the villain will be this time...i heard someone (another poster) saying Kang the Conqueror due to the "Conquest" play on words...anyone heard anything similar?

P.P.S. Spoiler protected in case I'm right, or i upset anyone.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:34 AM   #11
ShadeCrowe

If you're not currently reading NOVA...

Please give this series a shot. You'll get a real kick out of it.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:17 PM   #12
Vyper

Yeah, this book's great. It was fun to see the T-Bolts get smacked around and then humiliated verbally when Stark showed up.

I wish they'd bring in Drax. His interactions with Nova during Annihilation were priceless:

Drax: "I know this, for I have destroyed many."
Nova: "But you're not, by chance a 'Destroyer'?"
Drax: "Heaven forbid."
Nova: "Ah, right."
Old 06-21-2007, 09:00 AM   #13
Speedball93

New Warriors number 1 also sold out according to CBR. This makes me so happy. I almost feel like it is 1993 again. But better.