Spider-Man Action Figures

WWE Action Figures

home

Go Back   NEWSARAMA > NEWS

Old 06-18-2007, 04:33 PM   #1
MattBrady

LONERS #3 SELLS OUT FOR A THIRD TIME

Press Release
Marvel is happy to announce that The Loners #3 has sold out at Diamond (though copies may still be available at the retail level). Writer C. B. Cebulski and artist Karl Moline’s innovative look at a group of “recovering” heroes is now three-for-three, with every issue of the acclaimed limited series selling out! The unique title, which spun out of the pages of Runaways, follows five young heroes who are seeking to give up their lives as heroes, and stop using their powers or abilities.

“A three-peat?!? Wow!” writer C.B. Cebulski ecstatically exclaimed. “I guess Marvel has a new ‘little book that could’ on its hands. As I’ve been a Marvel zombie pretty much since birth, being allowed to write a comic with some of my favorite Marvel B-listers was a dream come true. But nothing could have prepared me for the fan and retailer response of this level! “

The critics also agree that The Loners is a series for all superhero fans. “The art of Loners continues to be superb,” says Mattheaw McLean of SilverBulletComicBooks.com, “with excellent character representation and action sequences.”

“This series’ concept is a gem,” says ComiXtreme.com’s Scott Williams. “…If you’re not already on board, go seek out the first two issues to go with this one.”

Says Marvel's Senior Vice-President of Sales and Circulation David Gabriel, "we keep finding gems like these in our publishing schedule throughout the year. Series like Ares, Agents of Atlas, and now Loners. And just as you're now seeing a big rise in popularity for Ares, don't be surprised when you see a bigger push with the Loners characters and even the Agents of Atlas later in the year!"

With the Marvel’s break-out hit The Loners continuing to garner support from critics and fans alike (not to mention those three straight sell-outs), Marvel advises retailers to check their orders for future issues of this series. The Loners may not want to be heroes, but if Marvel fans get their way they may not have a choice!

THE LONERS #4 (OF 6) (MAY072150)
Written by C. B. CEBULSKI
Penciled & Inked by KARL MOLINE
Cover by JASON PEARSON
Rated T+ …$2.99
On Sale—July 5th

Old 06-18-2007, 04:43 PM   #2
Steve Magnum

Yay for C.B., Karl, Jason and the entire Loners crew! Now will somebody please get Marvel to make this series an ongoing? Please?
Old 06-18-2007, 04:43 PM   #3
Alex DeLarge

Thats what happens when you print so few copies in comparison to demand. It is a shame that at this point we don't know how few they made, so this doesn't seem to be impressive until we know those figures.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:48 PM   #4
grphxkindaguy

Question

I couldn't figure out, what movie is this cover an homage from?!?
Old 06-18-2007, 04:51 PM   #5
C.B.Cebulski

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphxkindaguy
I couldn't figure out, what movie is this cover an homage from?!?

Weird Science.

Take care,
C.B.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:17 PM   #6
scottmdavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.B.Cebulski
Weird Science.

Take care,
C.B.
classic. your idea?
Old 06-18-2007, 05:35 PM   #7
StoneGold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex DeLarge
Thats what happens when you print so few copies in comparison to demand. It is a shame that at this point we don't know how few they made, so this doesn't seem to be impressive until we know those figures.
In terms of actual sales, sure. But what is probably more important for us on a consumer level is Marvel is bothering to put out press releases saying how well the book is doing. That they are bothering to do so would seem to indicate what their faith in the book is, and the likeliness of it turning into a regular series.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:01 PM   #8
Prometheus3

So is the third time that Loners has sold out? Or has the specific issue Loners #3 sold out a third time? I'm confused.

But this is great news for Loners fans.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:03 PM   #9
Prometheus3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBrady
Says Marvel's Senior Vice-President of Sales and Circulation David Gabriel, "we keep finding gems like these in our publishing schedule throughout the year. Series like Ares, Agents of Atlas, and now Loners. And just as you're now seeing a big rise in popularity for Ares, don't be surprised when you see a bigger push with the Loners characters and even the Agents of Atlas later in the year!"
Wait a minute, what did he say about Agents of Atlas? Does this mean there will be an Agents of Atlas 2 miniseries or even an Agents of Atlas ongoing? I would love an Agents of Atlas ongoing series.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:03 PM   #10
scottmdavis

the may run the mini, see where the numbers lie and then probably winter/spring launch the ongoing.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:12 PM   #11
C.B.Cebulski

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmdavis
classic. your idea?

I may have tossed out the John Hughes movie poster homage idea... but Jason Pearson took it and kicked out the whole run of amazing covers. He deserves all the credit!

Take care,
C.B.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:14 PM   #12
thefourthman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus3
So is the third time that Loners has sold out? Or has the specific issue Loners #3 sold out a third time? I'm confused.

But this is great news for Loners fans.
Issue 1 sold out, issue 2 sold out and now issue 3 sold out.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:14 PM   #13
C.B.Cebulski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex DeLarge

Actually, after the sell outs of issues one and two, Marvel anticipated the demand and felt the book was under-ordered, and it turns out they were right. Even with an over-printing, issue three still sold out.

Take care,
C.B.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:15 PM   #14
thefourthman

Quote:
Wait a minute, what did he say about Agents of Atlas? Does this mean there will be an Agents of Atlas 2 miniseries or even an Agents of Atlas ongoing? I would love an Agents of Atlas ongoing series.
Uh... They kinda implied at the convention that you would see them in other books, I specifically remember Parker mentioning Spidey Family #3.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:16 PM   #15
C.B.Cebulski

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneGold
In terms of actual sales, sure. But what is probably more important for us on a consumer level is Marvel is bothering to put out press releases saying how well the book is doing. That they are bothering to do so would seem to indicate what their faith in the book is, and the likeliness of it turning into a regular series.

I agree, StoneGold, and I hope that more Loners is definitely a possibility in all our futures!

Take care,
C.B.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:17 PM   #16
C.B.Cebulski

Quote:

I would too. That book kicked ass!

Take care,
C.B.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:19 PM   #17
C.B.Cebulski

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefourthman
Issue 1 sold out, issue 2 sold out and now issue 3 sold out.

And hopefully retailers will order enough of issue four to fill their ever-increasing demand.

Also, don't forget that issue five is a doozy as we re-introduce a classic Marvel character back into continuity!

Take care,
C.B.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:30 PM   #18
Eagle Al

Quote:
And hopefully retailers will order enough of issue four to fill their ever-increasing demand.

Also, don't forget that issue five is a doozy as we re-introduce a classic Marvel character back into continuity!

Please tell me it's the original Human Torch CB
(Or failing that - Toro - who was of course partially re-introduced several years back in Power Pack before slipping by the way ...)
Old 06-18-2007, 06:30 PM   #19
scottmdavis

Quote:

Take care,
C.B.
Sleepwalker?
Old 06-18-2007, 06:40 PM   #20
Freespirit81

Talking

Congrats, C.B.! I love this series! Let's keep it going past #6!!!!
Old 06-18-2007, 07:15 PM   #21
caution2wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBrady

Cool preview of issue 4! Johnny and Julie as Iron Fist and Black Cat made me smile mighty cheesily
Old 06-18-2007, 08:29 PM   #22
Kolimar

Thumbs up

Very good news.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:13 PM   #23
C.B.Cebulski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Al
Please tell me it's the original Human Torch CB
(Or failing that - Toro - who was of course partially re-introduced several years back in Power Pack before slipping by the way ...)

Sorry, no go on Toro.

Take care,
C.B.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:14 PM   #24
C.B.Cebulski

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmdavis
Sleepwalker?

Nope, but Sleepwalker will be turning up in Ms. Marvel very shortly, along with Machine Man.

Take care,
C.B.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:15 PM   #25
C.B.Cebulski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freespirit81
Congrats, C.B.! I love this series! Let's keep it going past #6!!!!

Six will be the last issue of this mini, but the future looks bright for more Loners eventually!

take care,
C.B.