Spider-Man Action Figures

WWE Action Figures

home

Go Back   NEWSARAMA > NEWS

Old 06-11-2007, 04:14 PM   #1
MattBrady

PAK, ROMITA JR & JANSON SIGN @ HANLEY'S 06.13.07

Press Release
Jim Hanley's Universe, a New York City based comic store, is pleased to announce an event of "incredible" proportions...a creator signing promoting Marvel Comics' latest blockbuster, WORLD WAR HULK #1. Attending will be writer, Greg Pak; artist, John Romita, Jr.; and inker, Klaus Janson. The signing will be on WEDNESDAY, JUNE 13th, starting from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM. The event will be held at the NYC Store.

World War Hulk is Marvel's latest company wide cross-over and an indirect sequel to Civil War, last year's smash hit mini series. Prior to the Civil War, a clandestine group called The Illuminati, jettisoned the Hulk into outer space, leaving him stranded on a war tossed planet. Looking for revenge on Dr. Strange, Iron Man, Mr. Fantastic and Black Bolt, the Hulk is finally unleashing his true anger. And there just may be no force in the universe that can stop him! Drawn into this conflict will be the Hulk's closest friends and enemies from his past, all of whom will be forced to take sides-but will anyone stand by the Hulk when he means to tear apart the world to quench his thirst for vengeance?

Greg Pak, the writer and architect of World War Hulk, is a New York based screenwriter and filmmaker, but is known in the comic book world for writing such titles as Warlock, Phoenix: Endsong, Phoenix: Warsong, Iron Man, and The Incredible Hulk (for Marvel Comics) as well as Battlestar Galactica for Dynamite Entertainment.

John Romita, Jr. has just celebrated 30 years at Marvel Comics, with no indication of slowing down. His work has been primarily for the publisher, with the lone exception being Grey Area for Image Comics. But in the span of 3 decades, he has drawn virtually every Marvel Comics character, from the X-Men to the Fantastic Four. Recently, he teamed up with award winning author, Neil Gaiman, for a reinterpretation of Jack Kirby's Eternals.

Klaus Janson is best known for his collaborations with Frank Miller (Daredevil; The Dark Knight Returns) but he is an accomplished penciller and inker in his own right. He is also a teacher at NY's School of Visual Arts and has shared his knowledge with up and coming artists for over ten years.

We are also pleased to welcome Marvel.com who will be documenting the signing for their website video podcast.

Customers are advised that the creators will only be signing World War Hulk #1 with proof of purchase at Jim Hanley's Universe. Additional books and sketches will be done at the artists approval and if time permits.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:25 PM   #2
shadowchaser

really? hmmm i might have to come out for this
Old 06-11-2007, 04:45 PM   #3
PreCrisisDC

Another great signing event....I have to make extra trips now..... whassup V!!!!!

Old 06-11-2007, 05:09 PM   #4
R A Renteria

If there is anyone out there willing to help me out, I would really love a copy of WWH signed by the gang. Please PM me and maybe we can come to an arrangement.

Thanks!

R-
Old 06-11-2007, 05:41 PM   #5
Vito Delsante

Quote:
Originally Posted by R A Renteria
If there is anyone out there willing to help me out, I would really love a copy of WWH signed by the gang. Please PM me and maybe we can come to an arrangement.

Thanks!

R-

Where do you live? JHU offers mail order. We could ship it to you.

email: info @ jhuniverse . com
Old 06-11-2007, 09:25 PM   #6
statnut

I wonder if there's any chance of getting a Romita sketch in my little old sketch book?

Quote:
Customers are advised that the creators will only be signing World War Hulk #1 with proof of purchase at Jim Hanley's Universe. Additional books and sketches will be done at the artists approval and if time permits

Edit: Just read the whole thing through. Any advice on getting one?

Last edited by statnut : 06-11-2007 at 11:53 PM.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:47 PM   #7
matchesmalone

Maybe Frank Miller's art would be something I'd look at voluntarily these days if Klaus Janson were still inking/finishing it. His praises are largely unsung.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:34 AM   #8
shadowchaser

i got my wwh variant signed and i was so thrilled to get a quick sketches by romita jr and klaus janson on my fallen son captain america issue