Spider-Man Action Figures

WWE Action Figures

home

Go Back   NEWSARAMA > NEWS

Old 06-11-2007, 12:41 PM   #1
MattBrady

DARK TOWER #4 SELLS OUT, NEW EDITION COMING

Press Release
Marvel is proud to announce that Dark Tower: Gunslinger Born #4 has sold out at Diamond (though copies may be available at the retail level). Fans and critics agree, Robin Furth and Peter David’s scripts combined with the art of Jae Lee and Richard Isanove continue to impress fans & critics alike. Marvel currently plans to go back to print, featuring an all-new cover by superstar Uncanny X-Men artist Billy Tan. This landmark series, adapting the characters and world created by New York Times best selling author Stephen King, has continually been praised by fans and critics.

Dan Philips of IGN.com calls Jae Lee and Richard Isanove’s art on the series and states, “this series definitely offers just as strong an example of how well-written prose, a tightly-woven story, and beautiful artwork can all come together to make something extremely powerful.”

Fans should also check out Dark Tower: Gunslinger Born #5 in stores now, continuing the origin of the young gunslinger Roland and revealing the events that would shape him into a legendary hero. Marvel urges retailers to check their orders on the final two issues Dark Tower: Gunslinger Born, with excitement increasing as the limited series approaches its stunning conclusion! Make sure to visit www.marvel.com/darktower for more info and art!

DARK TOWER GUNSLINGER BORN TAN 2ND PTG VAR #4 (OF 7) (APR078110)
Creative and Executive Director STEPHEN KING
Written by PETER DAVID & ROBIN FURTH
Art by JAE LEE & RICHARD ISANOVE
Cover by BILLY TAN
Parental Advisory …$3.99
©2007 Stephen King. All rights reserved.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:08 PM   #2
Yergie

THAT'S a BILLY TAN cover?

I'm impressed.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:49 PM   #3
cookiejar

is it just me... or do the 2nd printing covers starting to look better than the firsts?
Old 06-11-2007, 06:07 PM   #4
brucewayne1

It's not just you. I am not digging the last two covers (#4 and #5). #4 has Walter on the cover doing an odd "surf's up dude" pose and the latest one that came out has the ugly-as-all-get-out witch on the cover. The second covers all look WAY more iconic and cool, in my opnion.

Why does no one discuss these books? I can NEVER find any discussion.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:09 PM   #5
cookiejar

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucewayne1
It's not just you. I am not digging the last two covers (#4 and #5). #4 has Walter on the cover doing an odd "surf's up dude" pose and the latest one that came out has the ugly-as-all-get-out witch on the cover. The second covers all look WAY more iconic and cool, in my opnion.

good to know... i may just go and get all the 2nd printing covers (and skip the firsts)...

i dunno why no one talks about the books.... i have been slowly reading the dark tower books just to fully understand the comics....which are beautiful in their own .
Old 06-11-2007, 10:31 PM   #6
bebopeva88

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucewayne1

I've noticed it too...I've been doing a Marvel book of the month in the Marvel forum, and I'm gonna make it my book for July, or I may just make a general thread about the book instead.

Personally, I think the lack of talk about it on the boards is A) a lot of people are waiting for the trade, and B) those who haven't read the books aren't reading the comic, though it is very accessible, because I love the comic, but haven't read any of the books.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:53 PM   #7
Mundungus

I'm in the same boat that never read the books but is picking up the comic.

It's a beautifully drawn and wonderfully written story. Sometimes I mistakenly say "do you ken it?" to people.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:58 AM   #8
EmeraldGuy32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yergie
THAT'S a BILLY TAN cover?

I'm impressed.
seriously. I think this is the first pic I've seen of Billy Tans work that I haven't hated, let alone loved.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:57 AM   #9
AnthonyL

I think you don't find a lot of discussion on the books because so many who are picking this up already know the story, and are Stephen King fans.

That doesn't detract from how great it's been so far, but I bet you'll see more discussion ramped up when the new material starts moving away from Wizard and Glass and into what happened after.....

Anthony L
Old 06-12-2007, 10:07 AM   #10
mwumbalope

Haven't read this yet, but have picked up every copy for my wife. She loves
stephen king and I am definitely planning to read them all!
Old 06-12-2007, 11:13 AM   #11
brucewayne1

Per the no discussion on these books thing: I understand that it might be that everyone has already read the books, but there still is some NEW stuff in them that I would love to get people's take on . .the extra features at the end of the book involve many cool things: most particularly, the new story called the Laughing Mirror. Parts 2 and 3 of that story featured in the latest issues details how the Witch Rhea came into being and also, the orgins of Jonas Elder, who it seems was good friends with Cort, Roland's old teacher in his youth.

Sigh - anyway. Just love this series and want to discuss it!