Spider-Man Action Figures

WWE Action Figures

home

Go Back   NEWSARAMA > NEWS

Old 06-11-2007, 12:36 PM   #1
MattBrady

SINBAD: ROGUE OF MARS HITS IN SEPTEMBER FROM BLUEWATER PRODUCTIONS

Press Release
Ray Harryhausen's archetypical sailor, SINBAD, returns – developed for comics by Harryhausen himself, and only at Bluewater Productions!

"I'm very happy that my Sinbad character will be undertaking new adventures in the Bluewater Productions' comic books and look forward to knowing what the fans of my films think of the story," Harryshausen said.

SINBAD: ROGUE OF MARS will be released in September, and here's how the publisher explains the issue …

RAY HARRYHAUSEN PRESENTS: SINBAD - ROGUE OF MARS #1
Written by Greg Thompson, artwork by Jeff Cruz, and special covers featuring art by Nadir Balan and Jeff Cruz

He's sailed the seven seas and explored unknown lands, fought countless monsters and battled evil wizards, but Sinbad's newest adventure may be the greatest, and most dangerous, he's ever had! Eight years have passed since the assassination of the benevolent Zhar Dadgar and the curious disappearance of his heir. Akhdar, Dadgar's villainous nephew, has usurped the Dozhakian throne and enslaved the Azurian people, igniting a civil war within the once peaceful kingdom. A prophecy foretells the coming of a stranger from a distant land who will vanquish the false king and restore the rightful ruler to the throne. Could Sinbad be that stranger, or is he merely a pawn in Akhdar's treacherous game?

Writer Greg Thompson calls the story an "old school, pulp-style romp" that will please fans of action/adventure stories.

"My hope for this book is that it reaches fans of Harryhausen's Sinbad films, or any of his films in general, and also those who just want to read a comic without superheroes," said Jeff Cruz – artist of Bluewater's 10th MUSE series, before jumping ship to sail with Sinbad.

Darren G. Davis, managing editor of Bluewater Productions added his own excitement toward developing the property with Harryhausen, and said the creative team will take the famous sailor places he's never seen before.

"To be able to take an iconic character like Sinbad and tell a story with him on Mars … that's a lot of fun, and the creative team of Cruz and Thompson have done a wonderful job respecting the material. The finished product really jumps off the page," Davis said.

For more information on Bluewater Productions, visit them online at their all-new, recently redesigned Web site ( http://www.bluewatercomics.com), or check them out in your local comic book shop!
Old 06-11-2007, 12:42 PM   #2
skeletorjr

I'm so looking forward to this, what a fun idea. And Wrath of the Titans looks great too, can't wait to pick these up.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:56 PM   #3
delltechdude

I am glad that the man who brought to life many of my favorite movie monsters is getting back into action with comics. Can't wait to see this
Old 06-11-2007, 01:38 PM   #4
astronato

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletorjr
I'm so looking forward to this, what a fun idea. And Wrath of the Titans looks great too, can't wait to pick these up.

I feel the same way.

And in another thread someone from Bluewater hinted at even more possible Harryhausen projects.

I'm on board for all of them.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:42 PM   #5
Derek Ruiz

Greg Thompson is the main reason I am getting this...He makes everything cool and I mean everything.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:24 PM   #6
ryancody

Greg was the perfect choice for this, I'm expecting it to be great.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:18 PM   #7
mikey_danger

Jeff's art is simply breathtaking. He brings the world alive.

And if you want to see more of his work, check out Cereal and Pajamas by clicking on my signature. He has a story all to himself in it!
Old 06-11-2007, 04:09 PM   #8
Blackbeard

Congrats on the writing gig, Greg T!

I loved Wraith of the Titans, and I'm sure I'll love this, too.