Login

Not a member yet? Click here to register!
Username:
Password:
Forums
Gates labels Nintendo the "toughest competition"
View previous topic - View next topic  
dandoc2
Kudos: 23

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:13 pm Reply with quote

Though the Ds did do well its pretty much died im afraid --- Ninty have caught on that instead of a sub £100 handheld they could sell one for £180 using the same system.
Got Ds on Day of launch March 13th or w.e it was

Now truthfully the only ever Ds games i got were:
Mario Kart Ds --- Completed
Advance Wars Ds -- Completed
Project Rub---Completed
Super Mario Bros Ds--Too Easy and too familiar
Trauma Center -- Too Damn Hard

Now the Wii

Zelda TP
WII SPORTS
WII PLAY
Red Steel
Super Monkey Ball

Although the Wii is new and fresh (although not) im just getting worried its going to be bigger console
versions of their handheld cousins being coughed up

Ive Got to say Microsoft have nothing to worry about they are having a constant barrage or excellent games and more in the pipeline--- Unlike their Jap friend who doesnt seem to be having anything good outside of the first party genre

Daniel
Zigzagoon
Kudos: 38

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:36 pm Reply with quote

Since when did the DS die?
roger4000
Kudos: 22

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:45 pm Reply with quote

Zigzagoon wrote:
Since when did the DS die?

I'm with you. what is this guy on. ds die....you are having a laugh. no ds light out of stock most places at christmas.
starvinbull

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:09 pm Reply with quote

the ds has an awesome line up of games this year. havent got one but am constantly playing my girlfriends. new super mario bros is a bit familiar and dated. like a mix of mario 1 and 3. i wouldnt get a ds for big games like metroid cos i wouldnt enjoy them as they are pale imitations of their home console brothers. for the niche games such as wario ware touch and the rpgs i am tempted to get one. certainly not dead.
Swilkin
Kudos: 14

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:15 pm Reply with quote

dandoc2 wrote:
Though the Ds did do well its pretty much died im afraid --- Ninty have caught on that instead of a sub £100 handheld they could sell one for £180 using the same system.

Project Rub---Completed

Now the Wii

Zelda TP
WII SPORTS
WII PLAY
Red Steel
Super Monkey Ball

Although the Wii is new and fresh (although not) im just getting worried its going to be bigger console
versions of their handheld cousins being coughed up

Ive Got to say Microsoft have nothing to worry about they are having a constant barrage or excellent games and more in the pipeline--- Unlike their Jap friend who doesnt seem to be having anything good outside of the first party genre

Daniel

Yes....you are crazy, and most likely not english! Thats the impression I get from reading that attempted post above. Seriously...what the hell does 'Although the Wii is new and fresh (although not) im just getting worried its going to be bigger console
versions of their handheld cousins being coughed up ' mean??? Confused

Well I know the DS isnt dead, were looking at FF3, Dragon Quest, more FF13 spin offs, probably a new mario kart.....any many more
MrFarnsworth
Kudos: 13

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:17 pm Reply with quote

Well, I guess at least they're not going down the Sony route of denying that anyone poses a threat to them ever, in the world ever. Times a million.

Seems that the 360 and the Wii have always had some thing of a agreement going on. Wasn't there talk of Nintendo and M$ getting together to do some kind of deal to further bugger Sony's plans for world domination?
Fox
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:27 pm Reply with quote

dandoc2 wrote:

Question

Now What did i say about laying off the crack* ?!!

*from the gen gaming forum for un-informd*
nick_gc
Kudos: 34

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:27 pm Reply with quote

dandoc2 wrote:
Though the Ds did do well ...

Sorry? Did do well? I think you'll find it IS doing well and it doesn't look like this trend is going to change. You are officially a moron.

dandoc2 wrote:
... its pretty much died im afraid ...

Again, a moron. Please explain.

dandoc2 wrote:
... Ninty have caught on that instead of a sub £100 handheld they could sell one for £180 using the same system.

In some respects, the Wii Remote can be used in a similar fashion to the DS stylus, however, you cannot twist it, push it forward or pull it back (OK, you can, but it won't have an effect on the game!).

dandoc2 wrote:

Project Rub---Completed

So, have you not got any friends? Can you take your DS online? That's the reason I still play Mario Kart DS. Some would argue that the familiarity of NEW Super Mario Bros. is what makes it such a great game. And games that are too hard just require persistence.

dandoc2 wrote:
Unlike their Jap friend who doesnt seem to be having anything good outside of the first party genre

OK, for a start First Party isn't a genre. Shoot 'em Ups. That's a genre. Puzzle games are a genre. Fool.

So, nothing exciting coming to Wii that isn't first party?

How about:

Eledees (Elebits) - Konami
Sonic (Sega)
SSX Blur (EA)
No More Heroes (Capcom)
Dragon Quest Swords/Final Fantasy (Sqaure Enix)
Resident Evil (Capcom)

I'm sure there are more and I can't add First Party games to this list which would mean it'd double in size at least!
seancuk23
Kudos: 11

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:32 pm Reply with quote

Dan Doc is really gettin on my tits CVG can't you ban him, DS sold out in my area Wii sold out in my area Zelda PH Zelda TP Mario Galaxy Metriod Prime 3 Final fantasy Dragon Quest Resident evil mario kart and loasa more. Dan if you hate nintendo why buy their machines and please do your research before you reply I know your a Xbox fan boy but please accept that nintendo is gonna kick arse and xbox is gonna carry on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gbenlcfc
Kudos: 23

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:58 pm Reply with quote

Sorry i haven't read any more of your messages guys but i had to respond to the first one.

"Though the Ds did do well its pretty much died im afraid."

WHAT?! Do i need to say any more than that?

"Now truthfully the only ever Ds games i got were:
Project Rub---Completed
"

You've mentioned 5. You've completed 3 of them. I would suggest that maybe you look to buy more games. There are plenty of great DS games out there.
MisterBedo
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:03 pm Reply with quote

I think this is more of a "F*k you Sony" than anything else Laughing

(the main article I mean, not Dandocs comments)
myoldfruity
Kudos: 26

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:45 pm Reply with quote

Erm yeah

f**k sony

and f**k that moron above, "ds is dead" or whatever

that is all

-----------------------------------

Like a train through a pigeon.
chris_gower
Kudos: 21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:27 pm Reply with quote

I was stood in my local Argos flicking through the brochure as a panicky middle-aged man tapped the DS Pink catalogue number into the stock checking machine, then stressfully ran his hand through his hair as the machine returned the message 'out of stock'.

A few minutes later, he was on the phone after receiving the same 'out of stock' message for both DS Lite white and black...

"Hello love, that's the fourth bloody place that doesn't have the stupid game, not pink or any of the other colours"

Whilst I couldn't help feeling sorry for the kid with the Dad who had left getting her a DS until the last minute, I guess that would suggest it sold out in our area.
Chris_Eals

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:10 pm Reply with quote

dandoc2 wrote:
Though the Ds did do well its pretty much died im afraid

Died compared to what? Its currently trouncing the PSP pretty much all over the world, has a pretty large library and plenty of good games, the fact that you only listed 5 just shows that you haven't looked for any others because there's a huge and varied selection out there, and there's plenty of other good stuff coming along too if you could be bothered to look for it.

Anyway, the statement by MS is probably a reply to the one earlier this week from Sony about the PS3 being more powerful than the 360 (like we didn't know that already) and they're just taking a dig at Sony because of the poor sales of the PS3 and stock sitting on shelves.

Personally I think a lot of this mud slinging is quite entertaining, its funny watching grey men in suits make idiots of themselves, I just don't like it when they start talking about their customers as if they're idiots (I'm looking at you Katuragi (spelling?)).
Ed the duck!
Kudos: 10

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:25 pm Reply with quote

Any console which i can pick up after without playing it for a few months, without buying a new game to play with it, and think, "Good god, that looks nice. I want to play on that." is, in my books, live and kicking.

And onto the important bit - Jackass.
Mr Vengeance
Kudos: 15

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:32 am Reply with quote

Wii sales figures in Japan are very impressive, and I've got to agree with Bill Gates that Nintendo will be their main competition - in Japan at least.

In the US and Europe, I would doubt that the Wii will outsell the PS3 because most casual gamers are rather narrow minded. All these guys care about is the Playstation brand name, and their yearly game updates. If Nintendo can get non-gamers playing the Wii on mass, then I think it will have a great chance in the West. I would be surprised if Nintendo can do this, but its not impossible considering how well the DS has sold.
dahsif
Kudos: 12

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:21 am Reply with quote

Wow. Owned?

What was the article about again? Laughing
bforbosker
Kudos: 17

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:31 am Reply with quote

Gates, you sly old foxy fox! Deffo a two fingers up at Sony!
Aircool_212
Kudos: 20

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:27 pm Reply with quote

LOL, can't beat a good ole fashioned bit of banter. Bet Nintendo are pissing their pants with laughter as well.

Still, it ain't over 'till the fat lady sings. That's if the fat lady ever gets of her lard arse and comes to Europe that is, mumbling something about blue led's or something and how Europeans are tricky customers because they have loads of different countries and languages etc and something called PAL.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CVG Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: