Forum RPG
Post a message in General Chat   Start a new thread in The Voice of the Wyrd
Location: Forums >> The Voice of the Wyrd >> General ChatModerator: --
AuthorCurrent order: Eldest first Pages: [1]
Crawf Riddle
Dark Rookie

Time Posted: 18:09
Date Posted: 22nd of Sep
I'm young, a junior in high school, and I still haven't rollplayed as much as I'd like to. On the other hand, I don't think I'm a newbie by a long shot. If anyone lives in southern Illinois, close to St. Louis ((in America...)), I'd love to meet someone in RL. On the other hand, the glowy screen of my loveable com-poooo-turr is so warm and huggly... :D

Material pains & material gains
Do nothing for me on this Plane
I've broken my steel bonds & banes
But I cannot break these paper chains
Last on: 25th of DecQuote this post   Edit this post Top of RPG Forums
Wyrdmaster
Forum RPG

Time Posted: 18:30
Date Posted: 22nd of Sep
It sounds like you are an internet programmer in the making.

I have to go out tonight. People are cooking dinner for me. I'm having to pull myself away from the computer to go, in fact, I'm late already.

I'll have to wait until I get back (near midnight) before I launch the next Echoes from the Wyrd. The mail shot will takes hours. I have painters due at 8am! The blighters!

The friendly warmth of the computer is a powerful lure. :)

Enjoy the GameWyrd; become the GameWyrd; feel the GameWyrd.
Last on: 29th of JunQuote this post   Edit this post Top of RPG Forums
AlanDarke
Lost Soul

Time Posted: 14:35
Date Posted: 24th of Sep
Hi crawf, I'm new and a junior at Springfield Clark JVS in ohio, so we have things in coomon, and I'm learning to fix computers and network them at JVS, where I'm at now.

Death has arrived, and it has a flute, hahahahah.
Last on: 25th of FebQuote this post   Edit this post Top of RPG Forums
Crawf Riddle
Dark Rookie

Time Posted: 03:40
Date Posted: 25th of Sep
Wish *I* knew jack about computers... S'why I'm takin programmin classes, woo-woot! Means I don't gotta take Calculus, either... Yea, I'm a lazy bum. I can calculate 5d6x10 hp, and that's good enough for me... I go to Edwardsville Middle School in southern IL, close to St. Louis. Our Rams are gettin stompt... too much locker room butt-bangin before games, guys? Or maybe a bit too much cocain & morphine? Or both...? Wow. Okay, /rant off

Material pains & material gains
Do nothing for me on this Plane
I've broken my steel bonds & banes
But I cannot break these paper chains
Last on: 25th of DecQuote this post   Edit this post Top of RPG Forums
uneksia
Rank 1 Newbie

Time Posted: 20:13
Date Posted: 29th of Sep
I'm probably the only foreign out here... or not? Well, I live in Belgium, a small country in Europe and no, Belgium is not the capital of Brussels it's vice versa :D. Hehe, many people think it is that way (belgium being capital of brussels). Anyway I haven't been in role playing for a long time and I only play online. I like drawing my characters. Woohoo! And I'm an internetaddict... just a little bit. Uhm... That's about it I think :)

Become someone else
Go somewhere else
Go to Uneksia
Become one with your dreams
Last on: 9th of OctQuote this post   Edit this post Top of RPG Forums
Crassius
Dark Rookie
Forum RPG

Time Posted: 16:17
Date Posted: 17th of Dec
wow... so we have alot of computer geeks in high school here i see... id like to count myself among that crowd too :) (junior, SHS saline michigan).
anyone know a good book for learning advanced c++? im lookin to expand my languages (currently i know perl, java, html, php, dhmtl, xml, the basics of c++, and visual basic) any suggestions welcome. thanx

I dont want to be attacked by a hooded mule...
Last on: 3rd of MarQuote this post   Edit this post Top of RPG Forums
Vale
Rank 2 Newbie

Time Posted: 18:56
Cripes. Well, I'm a highschooler (senior, actually) up from AK, here (which is not not NOT Arkansas! Crikey!) but I don't know crap about computers. There's this on button... and... if it does't work, turn it off and leave it alone for a few hours. It's a strategy that usually works. If not, sick the boyfriend on it. Bwa ha.

I've been playing for... gods, six years now. Freeforming online in a variety of games. The boy is trying to get me into Rifts, cause he thinks I'd like it. Anyone know any good online rifts thingies?

tacitum vivit sub pectore vulnus.
Last on: 18th of DecQuote this post   Edit this post Top of RPG Forums
Wyrdmaster
Forum RPG

Time Posted: 19:09
Rifts is all about big guns, big robots and bigger guns. It uses an old game system too. On the plus side it's very cinematic. If you like to imagine sweeping landscapes, magic spells that crackle with blue energy or even anime-esq mech combats then you'll get something out of Rifts.

I don't find it well supported online. Paladium, the owners, don't have my favourite fan policy.

Rise of Chaos does spring to mind. It's a Rifts MUSH. It tries to stay away from the boys toys and big guns and concentrates on the gritty side of the game. I toured the grid once when it was new and it looked good but I don't know what the player base is like. They have a web page: http://warlock.mudservices.com/

Vale
Rank 2 Newbie

Time Posted: 04:54
Date Posted: 18th of Dec
Ahh... big guns sound good. I've only had the opportunity to play high fantasy for the last few years. Don't get me wrong, high fantasy is great, but I need a breath of fresh air... 'specially for the character *points at account name*.

I'll check it out. I feel increasing pressure to learn how to MUSH in general. I've got a client, but... I dunno. I'm not to program-savvy... Azure will teach me. *shrug*

Thanks!

tacitum vivit sub pectore vulnus.
Last on: 18th of DecQuote this post   Edit this post Top of RPG Forums
Wyrdmaster

Time Posted: 13:33
Date Posted: 18th of Dec
Wait until you don't have any exams, courseworks or life due before you get into MUSHing. It has a habbit of taking over your world.

• Click here to subscribe to this thread.
  • You have permission to post to this thread.

Join the RPG Host Banner Exchange | Vote for GameWyrd